• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Kill Confirms?

Peanutbrittle

Smash Rookie
This thread is just a way to discuss and compile the different ways that ultimate Diddy finds kills. Please discuss setups from simple and easy to heavily situational and set up dependent.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

This comes in handy when building up %s.

Anyway, Banana > F Smash is your best bet, as it always has. If F Smash grows stale, D Smash is an option. Around 120%, you can KO lightweight characters with an explosive Rocket Barrel, mid weight around 135%, and heavies around 160%. There's Peanut Popgun pressure around the legdes for characters who have slow recoveries or who are rather exposed during their recovery, if you can pester them around 140% on average, follow up with a F Air to land a KO, but practice this well because you can't go too far off-stage as Diddy. On the edge, it's also possible to KO with a Monkey Flip. If they shield and are at 150% or so and they are near the ledge, go for a Monkey Flip grab, let Diddy scratch their face for damage a little, and let go to KO them. You can KO Pichu very easily with this around 115% or so. On Battle Field like stages, you can try and land KO's with a U Air. If it isn't stale, and the stage has a low ceiling, you can generally kill mid weights around 140% with U Air when they are up in the air. N Air sets up for this quite well.

Anyway, our safest bet is still Banana > F Smash. And with the added range of the Banana throw, and the fact we can F Smash out of dash, it's quite an effective option! But it's a bit predictable after a while.

Good luck out there!

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
Anyway, Banana > F Smash is your best bet, as it always has. If F Smash grows stale, D Smash is an option. Around 120%, you can KO lightweight characters with an explosive Rocket Barrel, mid weight around 135%, and heavies around 160%. There's Peanut Popgun pressure around the legdes for characters who have slow recoveries or who are rather exposed during their recovery, if you can pester them around 140% on average, follow up with a F Air to land a KO, but practice this well because you can't go too far off-stage as Diddy. On the edge, it's also possible to KO with a Monkey Flip. If they shield and are at 150% or so and they are near the ledge, go for a Monkey Flip grab, let Diddy scratch their face for damage a little, and let go to KO them. You can KO Pichu very easily with this around 115% or so. On Battle Field like stages, you can try and land KO's with a U Air. If it isn't stale, and the stage has a low ceiling, you can generally kill mid weights around 140% with U Air when they are up in the air. N Air sets up for this quite well.

Anyway, our safest bet is still Banana > F Smash. And with the added range of the Banana throw, and the fact we can F Smash out of dash, it's quite an effective option! But it's a bit predictable after a while.

Good luck out there!
Explosive rocket barrel can be risky though. If you directly run into them, and their at high percent, the initial hit of you colliding with them can knock them away far enough so the explosion doesnt even hit them, and you're left in a bad position. if you want to go for rocket barrel KO's, I recommend going on top of a side platform while they're under you, as the explosion reaches far enough down to hit them.

Peanutbrittle

Smash Rookie
Thoughts on falling Nair to follow up bair? I’ve introduced to my repertoire for people that understand how to fight Diddy. It seems to be a rather consistent option around 120-140%. It can also be improvised with another aerial, like up air, to kill slightly later.

Peanutbrittle

Smash Rookie
Thoughts on falling Nair to follow up bair? I’ve introduced to my repertoire for people that understand how to fight Diddy. It seems to be a rather consistent option around 120-140%. It can also be improvised with another aerial, like up air, to kill slightly later.
I just feel that it can be optimized with banana pressure aswell, so I’m curious of how often anyone uses this.

Top Bottom