• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Discord?

fooches

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fooches
I know a lot of characters have a discord chat for them, if you do not know what discord is I suggest you look it up, it's free and it's just like skype and raidcall together. I've been in a fox discord for some time and I find it very easy to chat with other players to learn more about the character. I haven't yet found a diddy kong discord so I decided a few friends of mine and I will start one. If there already is one please let me know, if not feel free to join and spread the word around. Thank you.

Discord download link - https://discordapp.com/

Diddy discord link - https://discord.gg/0lJTdqnYKZPZE7oZ

UPDATE: We're starting to get more and more members, don't be afraid to join!

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
there's a diddy skype group and we mostly agreed it was better not to make discord as it would split us apart further lol

fooches

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fooches
Hey guys, the diddy discord is only getting bigger and we'd like to help it become more lively with new people. We don't want to split up the skpye chat by any means, but some people simply prefer using discord(which can help the community grow) and some just like using both, so I've come to just give some more detailed reasons on why more people should join the discord

-Can be used in your browser or through the program. I recommend the program, but it's your choice. Also works on phones.

-Multiple voice and text channels have given us a lot of options for discussions we previously did not have. Also has made matchmaking easier for everybody.

-It's very useful for people to be able to set how loud they hear each individual (as mics are different in sensitivity)

-No Skype lag (this was very annoying)

-The program itself is made to use machine resources very efficiently. It takes up very little space when open. On the other hand, my laptop cries when I have Skype open.

-Sometimes, having Skype open has caused people lag while doing wifi matches. This issue does not happen with Discord.

-It's easier on the mods, due to improved powers

-It is easier to tell who is online, afk, or offline.

-To talk via voice, you just join a voice chat channel, and can see who is already in that voice chat channel beforehand. It's much easier than having somebody host a call. And, again, there are multiple voice chat channels which can be used for different things.

-No ads (Skype has ads)

-Free (Teamspeak costs money)

-Useful commands you can use, like @[insert_name], @everyone, and #[insert_channel_name]

-Your IP is protected

-Much more features to come in the future, as it's still new and being updated. Some thing I am aware of which will come in the future are the capabilities for custom emoticons, screen sharing, and video chat.

Last edited:

Vixy

Smash Rookie
At work sadly XD Chat sites are blocked but here isn't but I'll email myself the link and join in on my break!!

willyyysmash

Smash Rookie
Pazx Pazx Man, I m a diddy mainer from Spain and I want to follow you in Discord. Your link doesn t work in my computer. What I have to do?

Nabil

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nabil_M12
3DS FC
1091-9087-4839
The link doesn't work anymore, can we have a new one?

L-Dies

Smash Rookie
I would like to join the Diddy Kong discord. Is it still available? the link seems to be down.

Zeke78

Smash Rookie
anybody looking for a link after October 20th, 2016

i'll quote an announcement i made in the current discord:

"Btw for anyone new, we had our old server sabotaged by what was either someone gaining access to blank's account or blank going rogue. Although it's unexpected since he was the original creator, it's still very possible. Regardless of how the account was taken control of, they deleted all channels from the old server, removing our resources, metagame discussion, and more. They also banned upwards of 200 people, including mods, leading to a total collapse of the discord. Because our other administrators were unavailable, we created a new server. It functions the same way as the old one. Thanks."

the link provided in this thread doesn't work because that server is dead. here's a link to the current one
http://s4.smashcords.com/diddykong

DIDDYLOYALIST

Smash Rookie
So many links. Can someone post the final discord link? Trying to figure out which one is the actual Diddy server.

Top Bottom