• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong banana bait fsmash kill technique

horizons889

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm a relatively new Diddy main (been smashing hard since september) and I just thought I'd share a technique I use to kill my opponents in either FG or when my friend comes over (whos been playing smash a lot longer than I have)

I'll try to explain this the best I can. As you know, Diddy can have somewhat of a hard time landing the KO compared to others in the heat of a 1 stock 1v1 90+% close match. Landing an f-smash around 90-100% and taking the stock is pretty hard as Diddy (must admit, realistically f-smash is diddys quickest way to take a stock) So against a smart player who's playing very defensively and will do whatever it takes to punish you- this is what you do.

Down-B a banana on either side of the stage (usually the side where your opponent is... It does not have to be at the edge or even near it. It can even be a bit closer to the center. Let's say I land a banana on the more left side of Final Destination. My opponent is to the left of the banana as well, apprehending me to approach my fallen banana and pick it up so he can punish quickly with a grab, etc. Instead - Use the banana as a boundary for you and your opponent. Wait for your opponent to approach the banana (get close enough for an f-smash) and simply stutter step f-smash. Luckily, Diddy's F-smash will reach your opponent even if the banana is in between. It's quite the bait, and works pretty well. In text this may not seem like anything much but try it yourself and you'll see. If this technique was already covered then my bad, just trying to shed some info on the diddy kong community. Thank you!

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
What you're describing is classic diddy kong banana bread&butter, lay it on the ground to get solid stage positioning and punish how your opponent reacts to it.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Fsmash a roll or shield, Usmash a jump or go for the safest option of Dsmash.

Top Bottom