• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong AT Compilation

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Diddy Kong AT Compilation(woot!)

Diddy Kong AT's

Peanut Popgun Shield Cancel

How- When charging Standard Special press shield to cancel the move.

Use- Mix-up, fake out and a ways to not get punished for a misinput.

Button Input-:GCB: + :GCLT:

Peanut Popgun-Shield

Difficulty: Please...

Ranking::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:

Thanks to @ Orocket Orocket

Peanut Popgun Reverse/Cancel

How- Jump in the air and B-momentum reverse. This will work as long as Diddy Kong is in the air. Shield during the Peanut Popgun input to cancel it.

How (ZCatch)- Jump in the air and Z-Catch the Banana, immediately aft Peanut Popgun B-Reverse and then cancel it by pressing Shield during the Peanut Popgun input.

Use- This can be used to safely catch the banana and as a good mix-up in trajectory and movement.

Button Input-:GCY::GCR: + :GCB::GCRT:(Shield is optional) quickly:GCL:

Button Input (ZCatch) :GCY::GCR: + :GCZ: + :GCB::GCRT:(Shield is optional) quickly:GCL:

Difficulty: Hard/Medium

Ranking: :4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:

Thanks to @ Orocket Orocket

B-Reverse Slide Cancel

How- Dash forward then B-Reverse the Peanut Popgun. Quickly afterwards, shield. This will make Diddy Kong turn and slide a bit.

Use- Mix-up to bait a punish

Button Input- :GCR: + :GCB: + quickly :GCL: + :GCLT:

Dash-B-Reverse Peanut Popgun-Shield

Difficulty: Hard

Ranking::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:

Monkey Flip B-Reverse

How- In the air use side b and then after the window in which the kick will come out, quickly b-reverse with the peanut popgun and all the momentum from the side b will shift into the opposite direction.

Use- As ZeRo showed us in GF at EVO, it can be used as an amazing mix- up.

Button Input::GCR::GCB: + :GCB: + quickly after :GCL:
(Note: Both directions of Monkey Flip work.)

Monkey Flip Right/Left-Peanut Popgun-Immediately after Left/Right

Difficulty: Medium

Ranking::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:

Monkey Flip B-Reverse Cancel

How- Do the same thing as above but while the monkey flip is active hold down shield and then B-Reverse at the usual time, this will cause the peanut gun to come out and then almost immediately cancel the peanut gun without the air dodge.

Use- mix-up without having to commit to a peanut gun, allowing you to act out of the reverse with a Bair or even upB. You can even B-reverse peanut popgun again for the jankiest flight pattern ever!

Button Input::GCR::GCB::GCLT: + :GCB: + quickly after :GCL: + release :GCLT:

Monkey Flip Right/Left-Press Shield during Monkey Flip-Peanut Popgun- Quickly Press Left/Right- Release Shield

(Note: I find it annoying because B-Reversing while holding Shield can be troublesome.)

Ranking::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk: (it's just that good!)

Monkey Flip Banana Reverse

How- Instead of using standard B, use down B and then immediately hit the opposite direction Diddy kong is facing. This will reverse his direction as well as throw out a banana.

Use- mix-up, free banana, enough said.

Button Input::GCR::GCB: + :GCD::GCB: + quickly after :GCL:

Monkey Flip-Down Special-B-reverse

Monkey Flip Ledge Cancel

How- Use monkey flip a little over a roll away from the ledge and Diddy will slip off the ledge.

Use- This cancels the momentum as well as the lag of monkey flip. Allowing you to slip edge onto the ledge or quickly jump into an attack to ledge-guard. There are many uses for this tech in which I might go into later after I test it some more.

Button Input: :GCR::GCB: + landing close to ledge + slip off

Monkey Flip-Land near Ledge-Slip off

Rising Rockets

How: While still in Hitstun, Buffer Both Up B and Jump at the same time.

Use: This will give Diddy a good amount of lift, Making it easier to recover and providing a good mix-up.

Button Input: :GCX::GCU::GCB:

Jump + Rockets-Move Upward

Difficulty: Medium/Hard

Ranking::4diddy::4diddy:(situational)

Thanks to @ Rog48439 Rog48439

Monkey Flip Dash(Super Crawl)

How: Jump and Monkey Flip to the right, you have to jump high enough that you do not suffer any Landing Lag. Then when Diddy Kong hits the ground, quickly crouch and crawl backwards/forward. Diddy will crawl much faster then usual.
(Note: This works best when using Monkey Flip to the RIGHT, it works to the left, but isn't as good.)

Use: This AT can be used for spacing, mix-up and to fake out your opponent and then run in for a punish.

Button Input: :GCR::GCB: + Land +:GCD::GCDL:

Monkey Flip(Right)-Crouch-Crawl(Left)

Difficulty: Easy

Thanks to @ NintendoLabz NintendoLabz

Wave Peanut Popgun/Banana

How: Dash, and while dashing, B-reverse either a PP or Banana. This will cause Diddy to turn around and slide a bit before throwing out the item.

Use: Mix-up and quick movement/turn.

Button Input: :GCR: + :GCB::GCL: or :GCR: + :GCD::GCB: + :GCD::GCDL::GCL:

Dash-B-reverse-Peanut Popgun/Banana

Instant Popgun Cancel (IPC)

How: This buffers the move so that the popgun starts, but then is canceled, and you buffer an input before the popgun is cancelled so that it cancels shield.

Use: DTILT. Running Dtilt, think about that. Also, running Fsmash and Dsmash.

Button Input 1::GCB:+ :GCCD: immediately after:GCLT:

Button Input 2: :GCB: + :GCN:any attack:GCA: immediately after :GCLT:

Button Input 3: (Change R to special) :GCRT: + :GCCN: (any direction) immediately after :GCLT: (easiest)

Special- Attack- Shield

General AT's

B-Reverse

How- After pressing B immediately hit the opposite direction Diddy Kong is facing. This will turn him around and allow you to fire in the opposite direction. Also, if you reverse after you press B your momentum will also reverse if you are in the air. If you reverse before pressing B Diddy will simply turn around without a momentum change.

Use- it has many uses to mix-up your opponent and change direction quickly, as well as give you more control over your movement.

Button input: Diddy facing left, :GCB: immediately after :GCR:
(note, you can press right before B to change direction without the momentum shift)

Peanut Popgun- Reverse Direction

Ranking: :4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:

Wavebounce

How: While jumping to the right/left, flick the joystick left/right and then press neutral with a quick B-reverse-momentum right/left

Use: I have not been able to do this AT yet but it's use would be to fake out an opponent. It is more useful with other characters.

Button Input: Diddy facing right :GCX:+:GCL:(Flick Before)+:GCB:+:GCR:(Flick After)

Jump-Flick Right/Left-Peanut Popgun-Flick Left/Right

Ranking::4diddy::4diddy:

Z- Catching

How- when you throw out a banana, jump into the air and press Z when Diddy Kong is basically inside the banana. Diddy will then grab the banana without any lag, like Fair does. If you air dodge while grabbing it your timing is slightly off. For the 3DS substitute Z for Grab.

Use- grabbing the banana fast without any lag, thus making it safer

Button Input::GCD::GCB: + While Banana is still in the air:GCX: + :GCZ:

Down Special-Jump-Z

Difficulty: Easy, however, perfectly getting it every time is hard.

Z-Dropping

How- While holding a banana, press Z to drop it while in the air.

Use- Dropping it into an aerial or a set-up like peanut popgun ledge-guarding.

Button Input: :GCZ:

Z-Drop

Z-Drop Aerial Catch

How- While in the air, Z-Drop your banana and then quickly use an aerial. The aerial will hit the opponent and catch the Banana.

Use- It allows you to use an aerial without letting go of your banana. (Also used with gyro, peanut and saw.)

Button Input: :GCY: + :GCZ: + :GCA:

Z-Drop-Aerial-Catch

Credit goes to @ NintendoLabz NintendoLabz

Jump Cancelled Item Toss (JCIT)

How: When holding an item (Banana, Peanut, etc.) dash forward and then press :GCX: and then :GCA:

Use: This tech allows Diddy to throw his banana without having to stop, allowing for quicker banana follow-ups and safer combos.

Button Input: :GCR: + :4miisword: + :GCX:+ :GCA: or:GCCN: (In any direction)
(Note: Diddy should not leave the ground)

Dash-Jump-Item Toss

Jump Cancelled Up Smash

How: Press jump and then quickly up smash. Diddy will not jump, and instead will do up smash.

Use: Provides extended range on the smash, allowing it to combo easier.

Button Input::GCX: + :GCU::GCA:

Jump-Up Smash

Slip Edge

How: Dash to the ledge and then shield so that you stop at the ledge, then release shield and tilt the circlepad down towards the ledge like this:GCDR: This also works with a roll, MFK and any ation that gives forward momentum.

Use: Cold steel, ledge trump.

Button Input::GCR: + :GCLT: + :GCDR::GCDL:

1: Dash-Shield-:GCDR:
2:Roll-:GCDR:
3: MFK

Ranking: :4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:
:4diddy::4diddy:

Instant Ledge Snap

How: Run towards the ledge and as soon as you fall off, press down. As soon as you see the spark, press another direction to cancel the Fast Fall and snap on to the ledge.

Use: Ledge trumping

Button Input: :GCR: + :GCD: + :GCDL:

Dash-Fall off ledge- Fast Fall- input other direction

Difficulty: Medium ( Muscle Memory)

Stutterstep

How: Dash and cancel the dash with Fsmash. You have to cancel the dash in the first few frames.

Use: Extending Fsmash.

Button Input::GCR: + :GCA:

Pause before inputting the smash

A-Landing

How: Right before landing, activate a Aerial with timing that falls into the aerials auto-cancel window.

Use: Allows a standard landing lag landing and avoids a tech situation.

Button Input: :GCA::GCN:(any)

Aerials:

Dair: 1-15 Frames

Fair, Bair and Uair: 1-2 frames

Nair: 1-3 frames

Miscellaneous Techniques

Rockets Under the World

How: Use rockets to quickly travel under the stage. (you can swivel back and forth for even greater effect)

Use: It will mix-up your opponent and allow you to return to the stage unpunished.

Button Input::GCU::GCB:

Rockets

(Note: Check out My Smash Corner for a detailed video of how this tech works.)
Coming Soon

Searching for more! Also, does anyone know if Diddy can PP buffer shield drop through a platform?

Final Notes
Input on this post/guide/forum would be appreciated, and if you know any techs I have missed please tell me!

And if anyone has any advice on how to make this thread better that would be great, also, if you have or know of videos I can add that demonstrate these AT's that would be great!

Also you can go to My Smash Corner for a great B-reverse/Wavebounce guide and an amazing Diddy Kong video!

Disclaimer: I did not discover any of these AT's nor do I take any credit for them.

Last edited:

Rog48439

Smash Rookie
NNID
rog48439
You should add Rising Up-B! It's really easy to do, but simultaneously situational. The best use is if you get hit by a spike at a low percent, all you have to do is buffer jump, then up-b right afterwards. However, you can only get the rising up-b if you buffer the jump and up-b out of ANY hitstun. If you try to buffer it outside of hit-stun, you'll jump slightly, then cancel your upward momentum with the up-b. You can even use rising up-b out of something with as little hitstun as a sheik needle. The timing isn't strict at all, very easy to perform.

Sonicninja115

You should add Rising Up-B! It's really easy to do, but simultaneously situational. The best use is if you get hit by a spike at a low percent, all you have to do is buffer jump, then up-b right afterwards. However, you can only get the rising up-b if you buffer the jump and up-b out of ANY hitstun. If you try to buffer it outside of hit-stun, you'll jump slightly, then cancel your upward momentum with the up-b. You can even use rising up-b out of something with as little hitstun as a sheik needle. The timing isn't strict at all, very easy to perform.
Thank you! I have been trying to do this tech for awhile and have never been able to properly do it. Also that is the weird barrel tech were you jump really high. But thank you for clarifying! And giving me a better description on how it works.

NintendoLabz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Labzy01
3DS FC
0705-4071-0070
Another AT you could add is the super crawl (not sure of the names). MySmashCorner had it in a video.

Basically, if you shorthop and do a smash side b, and hold down and back as you touch the ground, your momentum will be shifted backwards.

I'm not sure off all of its uses, but you can pair it with tilts and smashes for good spacing and mindgames.

Sonicninja115

Another AT you could add is the super crawl (not sure of the names). MySmashCorner had it in a video.

Basically, if you shorthop and do a smash side b, and hold down and back as you touch the ground, your momentum will be shifted backwards.

I'm not sure off all of its uses, but you can pair it with tilts and smashes for good spacing and mindgames.
Thanks, I had heard of this tech ( I saw the video) , but I couldn't think of any practical use for it. Especially because it only works if you monkey flip to the right. I will add this though.

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Something minor but you might want to add that you can shield cancel peanut popgun on the ground in addition to in the air like we do to b-reverse popgun after side-b.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Something minor but you might want to add that you can shield cancel peanut popgun on the ground in addition to in the air like we do to b-reverse popgun after side-b.
I hadn't thought of that, thanks!

NintendoLabz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Labzy01
3DS FC
0705-4071-0070
It's not really diddy specific tech, but it's useful nonetheless and I feel it should be added.

Not sure of a name, but anyway. All you do is, at the peak of a jump, press z (or whatever grab is mapped to) and instantly press A. If done anywhere other than the peak, you usually can't regrab it. Labbing might be done to find a way.

It's not just limited to nair. With this technique you can do any aerial with a banana in hand. Good for mixing up, especially if your opponent is expecting a banana ( or has a reflector out).

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

That is the Z-Drop technique, I didn't find out that use for it until yesterday. But thanks anyways!

Edit: added it to OP.

Last edited:

Boasting Toast

Smash Apprentice
Something I should add about Super Crawling that I've actually known about since 3DS version is that it can be done in both directions. If you quickly hold down+back, then just down, you will slide further without crawling. This allows you to slide in both directions.

Sonicninja115

Something I should add about Super Crawling that I've actually known about since 3DS version is that it can be done in both directions. If you quickly hold down+back, then just down, you will slide further without crawling. This allows you to slide in both directions.
Ahh, yes, he talks about that in the video doesn't he... I didn't notice I only said backwards. Thanks!

Boasting Toast

Smash Apprentice
Ahh, yes, he talks about that in the video doesn't he... I didn't notice I only said backwards. Thanks!
No, what I meant is it can be done to the left, not just to the right, people just don't know about it because My Smash Corner claims you can't. You have to stand right after initiating the crawl and it'll work in either direction.

Sonicninja115

No, what I meant is it can be done to the left, not just to the right, people just don't know about it because My Smash Corner claims you can't. You have to stand right after initiating the crawl and it'll work in either direction.
To the same degree or not? Because MSC did say that it works both directions, but that it wass not neary as good to the left.(they even showed it in the video, it barely went anywhere.)

Boasting Toast

Smash Apprentice
To the same degree or not? Because MSC did say that it works both directions, but that it wass not neary as good to the left.(they even showed it in the video, it barely went anywhere.)
He did it wrong in the video. It doesn't go quite as far, but it still goes much longer than showed in the video.

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Im not sure if most Diddy players know these, but you can b reverse popgun when catching banana and you can b reverse popgun in the air without previously holding :GCRT:. When you Z-catch a banana if you hold down :GCZ: and b reverse in the other direction you can switch your momentum after catching the banana. Also if you just want to b reverse popgun in the air when you're not catching a banana you just have to input :GCB: and the opposite direction you are going and :GCZ: / :GCRT: all at the same time. Doing so will give you a "clean" b reverse without the airdodge afterwards. Normally we b reverse after monkey flip because we are able to hold down :GCRT: during the flip animation, but using :GCB: and :GCZ:/:GCRT: at the same time when just normally short hopping or full hopping can allow you to do this without airdodging.

@ Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Im not sure if most Diddy players know these, but you can b reverse popgun when catching banana and you can b reverse popgun in the air without previously holding :GCRT:. When you Z-catch a banana if you hold down :GCZ: and b reverse in the other direction you can switch your momentum after catching the banana. Also if you just want to b reverse popgun in the air when you're not catching a banana you just have to input :GCB: and the opposite direction you are going and :GCZ: / :GCRT: all at the same time. Doing so will give you a "clean" b reverse without the airdodge afterwards. Normally we b reverse after monkey flip because we are able to hold down :GCRT: during the flip animation, but using :GCB: and :GCZ:/:GCRT: at the same time when just normally short hopping or full hopping can allow you to do this without airdodging.

@ Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115
Ok, slightly confused. So you are saying that you don't have to use MFK to use b-reverse. And that if you want to cancel the b-reverse Cleanly you need to press the shield button during/shortly after the input. You can use B-reverse PP to catch a banana? Is it because you press shield that it works?

Thanks for writing this down! I had completely forgotten this application for B-reverse. If you want proof just go and look at a Mewtwo or Lucario match. Maybe not Mewtwo as it is not commonly used yet but lucarios use it all the time right?

Also, if you are on the ground, you can activate PP and cancel it again. Making it a sorta fake-out. You can do this over and over. It looks like Diddy is just waving it up and down. There is a video explaining it somewhere.

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Ok, slightly confused. So you are saying that you don't have to use MFK to use b-reverse. And that if you want to cancel the b-reverse Cleanly you need to press the shield button during/shortly after the input. You can use B-reverse PP to catch a banana? Is it because you press shield that it works?

Thanks for writing this down! I had completely forgotten this application for B-reverse. If you want proof just go and look at a Mewtwo or Lucario match. Maybe not Mewtwo as it is not commonly used yet but lucarios use it all the time right?

Also, if you are on the ground, you can activate PP and cancel it again. Making it a sorta fake-out. You can do this over and over. It looks like Diddy is just waving it up and down. There is a video explaining it somewhere.
Yeah I've seen the video before with Diddy waving the popgun up and down. It makes for a good taunt :grin:

D

Deleted member

In the regards of Banana B-Reverse PP Cancel...
Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115
Orocket Orocket
Since any grab input retains the shield animation after the initial grab...it's much more easier and reliable to hold Z-Air (or which ever is your grab input) and than hold Neutral Special...input the B-Reverse and than let go of Z-Air(or which ever is your grab input) and Neutral Special right before you land.
Nice little mixup I suppose...

Inputs -
Banana Toss - Grab (and HOLD) - Input Neutral Special (and HOLD) - Input the B-Reverse (control stick) - and let go of both Grab and Neutral Special before you land.

http://gfycat.com/UnawareCavernousAsiandamselfly

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonicninja115

In the regards of Banana B-Reverse PP Cancel...
Orocket Orocket
Since any grab input retains the shield animation after the initial grab...it's much more easier and reliable to hold Z-Air (or which ever is your grab input) and than hold Neutral Special...input the B-Reverse and than let go of Z-Air(or which ever is your grab input) and Neutral Special right before you land.
Nice little mixup I suppose...

Inputs -
Banana Toss - Grab (and HOLD) - Input Neutral Special (and HOLD) - Input the B-Reverse (control stick) - and let go of both Grab and Neutral Special before you land.

http://gfycat.com/UnawareCavernousAsiandamselfly
I have R as a special button, so I just use L,R and the Direction Stick.

D

Deleted member

I have R as a special button, so I just use L,R and the Direction Stick.
Same...just thought it should be noted that you must hold the Neutral Special instead of just quickly inputting it and someone wanted a video earlier in the thread. Nonetheless great work by the both of you.

NOTE * - working on IPC applications this week...( IPC DTilt is too good )

Sonicninja115

Same...just thought it should be noted that you must hold the Neutral Special instead of just quickly inputting it and someone wanted a video earlier in the thread. Nonetheless great work by the both of you.

NOTE * - working on IPC applications this week...( IPC DTilt is too good )
I have been testing IPC a lot myself. I have X as Grab for easy Z-catching, so smashes out of IPC aren't that hard, Dsmash is even easy! and this allows me to use the C-stick on attacks, which makes Dtilt and Utilt really good.

I haven't found any combo's out of IPC yet, and I don't know if there will be, but IPC definitely needs the rep.

Also, have you heard of DAGC?

Edit: A-Landing moves:

Dair has a 1-12 window

Fair, Bair have a 1-2 window.

Nair has a 1-3 window

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have been testing IPC a lot myself. I have X as Grab for easy Z-catching, so smashes out of IPC aren't that hard, Dsmash is even easy! and this allows me to use the C-stick on attacks, which makes Dtilt and Utilt really good.

I haven't found any combo's out of IPC yet, and I don't know if there will be, but IPC definitely needs the rep.

Also, have you heard of DAGC?
I have Y as Grab lol
Also think IPC will be great for mind game punishes...
I'm sure they're will be combos out of it! ( I lab too much )
Haven't heard of DAGC...at least I don't think...enlighten

Edit -
Yeah I just seen that video, Down Air would be the best option

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonicninja115

I have Y as Grab lol
Also think IPC will be great for mind game punishes...
I'm sure they're will be combos out of it! ( I lab too much )
Haven't heard of DAGC...at least I don't think...enlighten

Edit -
Yeah I just seen that video, Down Air would be the best option
DAGC is a tech that @meleebrawler came across while playing Mewtwo, after I labbed it a bit, we found that it was an AT.

Mewtwo's DA has a sound at the very start, this is what clued him to the tech. We found that it is possible to cancel the DA animation within the first few frames with a grab. This makes the DA sound while the dash grab is happening. After testing this with multiple characters, I found a 1/2 frame animation that is added. Dash Attack Grab Cancel extends the grab animation by a bit, and extends the length as well. I am asking around to see if this tech is new, and so far, it seems it is.

D

Deleted member

Have yet to hear about it until now, wonder what characters can?!
Also I'm going to be doing a tech video for Diddy since I have yet to see anything visually and collectively as a whole...
Similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si3V9H6_EYs
I always played Diddy in the shadows aside from Sheik since the beginning and still feel that he is very good/viable...still one of the best Neutral games from all the cast.
Also since I been mainly only seeing you on these boards that are active, etc...I hope it could help out people on here or in general...

Sonicninja115

Have yet to hear about it until now, wonder what characters can?!
Also I'm going to be doing a tech video for Diddy since I have yet to see anything visually and collectively as a whole...
Similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si3V9H6_EYs
I always played Diddy in the shadows aside from Sheik since the beginning and still feel that he is very good/viable...still one of the best Neutral games from all the cast.
Also since I been mainly only seeing you on these boards that are active, etc...I hope it could help out people on here or in general...
That would be amazing! If you would let me, I would love to post the link to your vid in here!

Everyone sorta lurks, I am the only active poster left...

It works with everyone I have tested so far. It will probably work with the entire cast.

Sonicninja115

Of course! You'll see from me soon and I'll try that tech out soon as well...
The tech is really just icing on the cake. It isn't anywhere near game changing, but I will personally use it as it only has upsides.

Edit: It's called Boost grabbing. Pepespain has a video on it.

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
I've been wondering how useful PP dtilit is. It creates a lot of space and I feel it can be very useful for Diddy in the neutral. I feel like its great for reading run-ins and rolls, and it is an amazing spacing tool.

PP --> Perfect Pivot

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

I've been wondering how useful PP dtilit is. It creates a lot of space and I feel it can be very useful for Diddy in the neutral. I feel like its great for reading run-ins and rolls, and it is an amazing spacing tool.

PP --> Perfect Pivot
Have you gotten PP down? I got it down just a couple of weeks ago. I think that PP Utilt is a good tool for surprise kills.

PP Ftilt is good for spacing and PP Dtilt is good for combo extensions, Dtilt-Dtilt-PP Dtilt?

I find it hard to use PP to start a combo, but I expect this is because of the timing and prediction involved.

Sonicninja115

Do you use your L button as special for IPC's?
I use R and c-stick on attack. I also set:GCX: to Grab so that Z-Catching is easier when I had R on jump, but I decided to keep it as it makes Smash attacks out of IPC easier.

D

Deleted member

PP --> Perfect Pivot
Perfect Pivots are going to be SO useful once you master it...
I use it a ton and with enough practice, becomes second nature and a part of your movement as a whole.

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Have you gotten PP down? I got it down just a couple of weeks ago. I think that PP Utilt is a good tool for surprise kills.

PP Ftilt is good for spacing and PP Dtilt is good for combo extensions, Dtilt-Dtilt-PP Dtilt?

I find it hard to use PP to start a combo, but I expect this is because of the timing and prediction involved.
Yeah I have it down for the most part. And those are some good ideas I hadn't thought of! Thanks, I will try those out.

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
I've found that when doing the super crawl after a monkey flip it is possible to get the same distance when monkey flipping to the left as you get when monkey flipping to the right. You just have to input the backwards crawl but immediately return the control stick back to the neutral position. This will cause Diddy to return to standing, but maintain the momentum from the monkey flip and slide back while standing. Any action can be performed out of this slide (such as dtilit and fsmash for example).

It is true that if you continue to crawl (and do not return the control stick back to the neutral position) you will go a shorter distance when monkey flipping to the left than you would when monkey flipping to the right. BUT the distance is equal for both left & right and a little farther than when you crawl (at least from what I have tested) when you do what I have said above.

It is worth noting that some moves will halt Diddy's sliding motion while other moves will allow him to continue sliding. For example, Diddy's fsmash will stop his sliding immediately, while dtilit does not stop the sliding.

I feel like this a very neglected tech that Diddys should use more. This is great for baiting out moves that can easily be punished. With a banana in hand you can easily set up for kills after baiting an unsafe move from your opponent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom