• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did your most-wanted(s) made it in Super Smash Bros? and who is it/are they?

Did your most-wanted(s) made the cut in Smash Bros? if so, then it could be in Ultimate or Smash 4

• Total voters

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
Did your most-wanted(s) made into Smash Bros or not?
If they did, it could've been Ultimate, Smash 4 or maybe even as far back as Brawl (if you were there at the time)

Rather he/she/it is:
-A popular fan-favorite request (Mewtwo back:ultmewtwo:, Wolf back:ultwolf:, Ridley:ultridley:, King K. Rool:ultkrool:, Banjo:ultbanjokazooie:, Simon:ultsimon:, Mega Man:ultmegaman:, Pac-Man:ultpacman:, Little Mac:ultlittlemac:, Palutena:ultpalutena:, Inkling:ultinkling:, etc)
-A unpopular punching-bag (Daisy:ultdaisy:, Chrom:ultchrom:, Incineroar:ultincineroar:, Isabelle:ultisabelle:, Bayonetta:ultbayonetta:, Corrin:ultcorrinf:, Dark Pit:ultdarkpit:, etc.)
-Left in the dust in favor of others (Rosalina:ultrosalina:, Bowser Jr.:ultbowserjr:(after the former was confirmed), Robin:ultrobin:, Ken:ultken:, Shulk:ultshulk:, etc.)
-Once came outta nowhere (Villager:ultvillager:, Ryu:ultryu:, Cloud:ultcloud:, Greninja:ultgreninja:, Roy back:ultroy:, Snake back:ultsnake:, etc.)
or
-A literal who at first glance (Richter:ultrichter:, Joker:ultjoker:, Hero:ulthero:, Terry, etc.)

Back in Smash 4, the closest thing to my most-wanted was Bowser Jr. and even then, i lost interest with him atm through out most of Smash 4

In Ultimate however, i got not only Wolf back (tho i mained Yoshi, Peach and Puff), but also Daisy and even Ridley, and King K. Rool too a lesser extent.
Toad, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee and Isaac still didn't make it, and won't in the former two's and last one's cases)
I also retroactively got Pichu back, who i wanted to come back as a kid until i realized that he never will as i grew, same with Roy

Who is and/or was your most-wanted(s)?

and Here's the examples of popular fan-favorite requests that didn't make the cut (yet):
Toad/Captain Toad
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Geno
Ashley
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Midna
Ghirahim
Bandana Dee
Sceptile
Gardevoir
Black Shadow (if Ganondorf ever gets decloned)
Hector or really, any FE character that doesn't (just) use a sword
Rex
Spring Man
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Tails
Shadow
Bomberman
Phoenix Wright
Sora
Crash
Doomguy/Doomslayer
Rayman
Shantae
Shovel Knight (they probably gived up on him)

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
My most-wanteds were always game company mascots, the faces of each era or console or what have you. I came in with Melee, was ecstatic that Sonic got into Brawl (even though I ultimately didn't like how he was implemented, still glad he's in). Then I got a bunch more in Smash 4 with Mega Man and Pac-Man, and most recently Simon Belmont and arguably Banjo.

The only ones I'm still holding out for are the face of the PS1, Crash, and the face of XBox, Master Chief. There are plenty of other reps available to get to as well--a Valve one would be cool. A lot of these characters are from games I've never played, like Halo. I'm just happy every time the series moves one step closer to the video game death battle crossover that every 10-year-old dreams of.

I'm also partial to villains so K. Rool being added was something I was very happy about. My next choice for a villain is Eggman, but we'll see.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I have a lot of most wanteds but by far my favorites are Bandana Dee (#1) and master Chief (#2), both of which I think have a solid chance in the second round of DLC.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
So far, technically 4 made it in, being Inkling, King K.Rool, Incineroar and Dark Meta Knight (who is an alternate costume)

The ones that did not are Ray-Man, Dixie Kong, Shantae, Shadow, Steve, Fawful and my most wanted fighter, Lugia, but they may have a chance in the future.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Sonic, Bowser Jr and Paper Mario were my main requests for Brawl. I got 1... then another in the next game... 3 games and still no PM though...

I really wanted Palutena and Robin during the Smash 4 build up. Robin was a never-ever idea that I didn't think had a serious shot, so you can imagine my reaction when he was announced.

For Ultimate I wasn't really rooting for anyone until 'Everyone is Here', then I seriously began championing Banjo as it was starting to feel like his first serious shot since Melee. Dry Bowser and Gooigi are my echo choices. My current pipedream choice is Master Chief.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I mostly wanted

For Brawl: Mike Jones, Sonic, Crono, and Megaman.
Got Sonic!

For 3DS/WiiU: Mike Jones, Megaman, Little Mac, Saki, Simon.
Got Megaman and Little Mac!

For Ultimate: Mike Jones, Hero, Simon, PT back, Doomguy
Got Hero, Simon, and PT!

I feel Ultimate has been really good to me.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Now looking at it, my most wanted(s) are underrated, Mimikyu, Doc Louis, Cranky Kong and were implanted mostly in assistant roles. Ridley was really my only real most wanted(s) and the rest I just bandwagoned.

So technically, my most wanted(s) are absent from the game, yet to be added, but there are characters in Smash I still really like.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Here's what I've gotten so far over time
Brawl: :metaknight::dedede::warioc: :diddy::toonlink::squirtle:
WiiU/3DS: :4villager::4pacman::4duckhunt:(& technically:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:)
Ultimate: :ultdaisy::ultpiranha::ultkrool::ultzelda::ultsimon::ultbanjokazooie:

Me having, "most-wanteds" started with Brawl. I didn't even think for a second Squirtle would be possible because he wasn't a sensible choice on his own, which ended up being true of course. I'm counting the Koopalings because I wanted them to show up somehow and this works for me. I'm also counting Ultimate's Zelda because she's got the LttP design, and aside from Toon Zelda, I only ever wanted that incarnation of her. I didn't want Piranha Plant specifically, but I wanted a generic Mario enemy playable somehow, so it counts.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dark Samus and Ridley are in. I'm happy. I'd only like to see a Chozo Warrior, Space Pirate, and a Metroid, even if that meant dropping Dark Samus and Zero Suit Samus. I'm all about keeping the roster small. Or drop ZSS and add a Metroid.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
My most wanted was Banjo who finally made it. There are lots of other fighters I would not mind seeing but the only other one that really stands out for me is Crash. As much as I want Crash I am really happy and thankful to have at least gotten Banjo.

D

Deleted member

Ultimate did literally deliver all of the characters I always hoped to see added so far, with the exception at the moment being Crash Bandicoot.

These characters being Metroid newcomers outside of Samus in the form of Ridley and Dark Samus who I was hoping to see as a huge Metroid fan, K.Rool since he was the first videogame villain besides Bowser and Eggman who I had experience with and the DQ8 Hero who is the star of my biggest childhood RPG.

For years, I was trying to put myself up around the internet. Many kinds of people always tried to bring me down in order to have me give up on my dream picks... but in the end I finally succeeded, and Ultimate is right now the crossover of my deepest pipe dreams.
It brings me a huge smile to imagine that people on the internet could be doing awesome fan art of these characters joining forces or fighting any rivals, such as in this piece by Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday

62493033-D651-4C6E-9F96-53CB17907219.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Did your most-wanted(s) made into Smash Bros or not?
If they did, it could've been Ultimate, Smash 4 or maybe even as far back as Brawl (if you were there at the time)

Rather he/she/it is:
-A popular fan-favorite request (Mewtwo back:ultmewtwo:, Wolf back:ultwolf:, Ridley:ultridley:, King K. Rool:ultkrool:, Banjo:ultbanjokazooie:, Simon:ultsimon:, Mega Man:ultmegaman:, Pac-Man:ultpacman:, Little Mac:ultlittlemac:, Palutena:ultpalutena:, Inkling:ultinkling:, etc)
-A unpopular punching-bag (Daisy:ultdaisy:, Chrom:ultchrom:, Incineroar:ultincineroar:, Isabelle:ultisabelle:, Bayonetta:ultbayonetta:, Corrin:ultcorrinf:, Dark Pit:ultdarkpit:, etc.)
-Left in the dust in favor of others (Rosalina:ultrosalina:, Bowser Jr.:ultbowserjr:(after the former was confirmed), Robin:ultrobin:, Ken:ultken:, Shulk:ultshulk:, etc.)
-Once came outta nowhere (Villager:ultvillager:, Ryu:ultryu:, Cloud:ultcloud:, Greninja:ultgreninja:, Roy back:ultroy:, Snake back:ultsnake:, etc.)
or
-A literal who at first glance (Richter:ultrichter:, Joker:ultjoker:, Hero:ulthero:, Terry, etc.)

Back in Smash 4, the closest thing to my most-wanted was Bowser Jr. and even then, i lost interest with him atm through out most of Smash 4

In Ultimate however, i got not only Wolf back (tho i mained Yoshi, Peach and Puff), but also Daisy and even Ridley, and King K. Rool too a lesser extent.
Toad, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee and Isaac still didn't make it, and won't in the former two's and last one's cases)
I also retroactively got Pichu back, who i wanted to come back as a kid until i realized that he never will as i grew, same with Roy

Who is and/or was your most-wanted(s)?

and Here's the examples of popular fan-favorite requests that didn't make the cut (yet):
Toad/Captain Toad
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Geno
Ashley
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Midna
Ghirahim
Bandana Dee
Sceptile
Gardevoir
Black Shadow (if Ganondorf ever gets decloned)
Hector or really, any FE character that doesn't (just) use a sword
Rex
Spring Man
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Tails
Shadow
Bomberman
Phoenix Wright
Sora
Crash
Doomguy/Doomslayer
Rayman
Shantae
Shovel Knight (they probably gived up on him)
Literally any Undertale character BESIDES FRISK. hell, even something like Onion-san would be better as a character than a character who literally only has the protagonist tag to go for him/her.

I definitally want Monk Maz Koshia

Along with the wtf of adding Galeem/Dharhon as characters(sized down, of course)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
After the very first Smash, I was not really hoping for anyone: the first pictures of Melee were amazingly beautiful, and I was so excited to play as Sheik that I lost (part of) my sleep for a few nights... I was twelve. I also remember being very excited about Young Link, who I thought was a strike of genius, and Zelda, whose moves were so great. I was a bit disappointed by a fake roster showing Sonic, Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Joanna Dark, and my dear Skull Kid, but I didn't really mind. Melee was too awsome. Only Diddy Kong and Wario were lacking, and they got in in Brawl... which I never bought. I took a step outside of videogames for a time, never had a Wii nor a Wii U and didn't plan to get a 3DS. So I was not hoping for anyone for Smash 4, and when I learnt about the newcomers I was not hyped at all - except a bit for Pac-Man and Bowser Jr. I didn't know the others, or didn't care about them (I like Duck Hunt, but I still think he could have been a trophy).

Things changed with the ballot. I took it very seriously and thought for a long time. I came down to three characters: Skull Kid, Banjo & Kazooie, and King K. Rool. The last one I didn't vote for because I thought he was already popular enough and because I only played the first DK Country (which was great) and DK64 (which was boring). He had to be there, but he was not my number one. Banjo & Kazooie I didn't think were possible. So I turned to one of my favorite games of my favorite serie and voted Skull Kid. That was in vain (until the new wave of DLC?), but I still got two of my three most-wanted in Ultimate, so I count myself kinda lucky.

When I think of my "just wanted" and not only my "most wanted", that's another story. Dixie Kong, Toad/Toadette/Captain Toad, Waluigi, are pretty obvious choices that nevertheless missed the boat (so far?). I would also love Joanna Dark for nostalgia reasons (my first FPS, and a damn good one), but eh, this one is just a dream.

toonito

Smash Ace
My most wanted characters in Smash
Melee: :younglinkmelee:
Brawl: :snake:
Smash 4: :4megaman::4ryu::4cloud:
Ultimate: :ultken: Terry

Oddball

Smash Lord
My most wanted is Captain N.

His chances are very low at best, and due to the rules of the forum I can't even make a support thread for the guy despite him being an Nintendo owned character who's entire story is that he was sucked into videogames and uses Nintendo accessories for weapons.

Honestly, I'd be perfectly fine with just a Mii costume for the guy... well, maybe not perfectly fine, but I'd accept it.

Arrei

Smash Lord
As far as characters I felt had a reasonable chance to get in, yes - I was primarily concerned with Ike keeping his spot on the roster for 4 and Ultimate, though I ended up playing him a lot less frequently than I used to in this game, due to not really liking how his ground game saw very little improvement despite it being his weakest attribute while also being a slow swordie.

The character I'd super like to see in, however, Tales of Symphonia's Lloyd Irving, is just someone I cannot see having a ghost of a chance of making it in, as someone who is from a niche series, from an old entry in said series to boot, and is "just another anime swordsman" as his detractors would doubtlessly label him.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
The character I'd super like to see in, however, Tales of Symphonia's Lloyd Irving, is just someone I cannot see having a ghost of a chance of making it in, as someone who is from a niche series, from an old entry in said series to boot, and is "just another anime swordsman" as his detractors would doubtlessly label him.
Tales of is a pretty noted series. I've heard of it more often than I've heard of SNK.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Lets see:

:ultcloud:- Ever since seeing Snake and Sonic's inclusion in Brawl, there is one other guest character that I would've liked to have, a Final Fantasy character. I never imagined that Cloud would eventually make it into a Smash game.

:ultryu: - A Street Fighter character was one of the Capcom characters that I wanted for Smash. Although Megaman made it in and like Cloud, I never imagined that one of the well-known figures within fighting games would make it in Smash.

:ultpalutena: - It was probably after playing Kid Icarus: Uprising on the 3DS which is where I wanted Palutena to be playable for Smash.

:ultshulk: - Like Palutena, I played Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii and I enjoyed it. This made me want Shulk to be in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Tales of is a pretty noted series. I've heard of it more often than I've heard of SNK.
Honestly I've never heard of the series, other than the fact that the protag is a swordie. sucks to be me sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:ultcloud:was the first character I wanted that made it into Smash. Was definitely a character that shook things in a big way when he was announced.
:ultridley::ultdarksamus:got both of them! Going into Ultimate I practically gave up on getting either one and here we are!
:ultbanjokazooie: About bloody time!

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Yep, my most wanted characters that made it into ultimate (so far):

:ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool::ultincineroar::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ultivysaur::ultsquirtle::ultsnake::ultwolf:

Smash 4::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4mii:
Brawl: :sonic::wolf::metaknight::dedede::squirtle:
Melee: :mewtwomelee::falcomelee:

Hmm looking at it like this didn’t realize how much wish fulfillment I’ve had granted in smash 5 until now...

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I got Mac in 4.

He was my most wanted since before Melee.

I’m pretty happy with him.

I wanted King K Rool since melee, got him, pretty happy.

I wanted koopalings... actually not too happy. I wanted them to be a clone of bowser, not jr.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sadly not.

I've wanted Toad and Meowth since Smash 64. Neither have made it twenty years on.
They're not even obscure Nintendo characters but I feel they got robbed by Toad being (very) weakly implemented in Peach's moveset back in Melee and Jigglypuff getting in over Meowth back during the Pokemon anime's high. Half the cast are less recognised than these two, so it's a tiny bit frustrating seeing Peach push Toad in front of her or watching all those star KOs which were made famous by Meowth.

Dixie Kong has been wanted since Diddy's inclusion, Tails since Sonic's inclusion and a Zelda newcomer(any that aren't more Links or Zelda variants) since Melee. Bomberman was very high on my list for third party desires but ended up as an assist trophy. Must have somehow upset Sakurai I guess...

Okay that's not entirely true; high wants like Diddy, Wario and Sonic joined the gang back in Brawl, but I haven't had a super exciting newcomer since then.
Semi wants like Pac-Man, Inkling, Chrom, Isabelle and Duck Hunt have made the jump, but none of them ever made my top five most wanted characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Of all my most-wanted Nintendo characters, only three Nintendo characters never got in Smash.

Meowth, Toad, and Dixie Kong

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I didn't get my most wanted, but I did get a few characters I wanted, such as :ultdaisy:, :ultisabelle:, :ultken:, :ultincineroar:, and :ulthero:

I also got :ultrichter:, :ultpiranha: and :ultjoker: who I'm really happy about

Oh I also got the whole "Everyone is Here" thing which I wanted. The rest of my Most Wanteds are possible but idk how likely they are

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Smash 4: :rosalina::4littlemac::4lucina::4robinm: were my most wanted.
Ultimate: I only wanted :ultsnake: and :ultwolf: back, which I'm pretty thrilled about plus I got :ultchrom: as well.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I wasn't really around for the pre-release periods of 64 and Melee (as in, not really aware of it or anything about them), so I have nothing for them.

For Brawl, I only really wanted :lucario: and got it.

For Smash 4, I wanted and got (in order of reveal date) :rosalina:, :4palutena:, :4lucina: (:4robinm::4robinf: was a kind of "didn't know I want it until I got it" deal), :4shulk: and :4mewtwo:. Shulk in particular was my overall most wanted.

For Ultimate. . . there's only really :ultinkling:. I suppose I'm glad that :ultwolf: and :ultpokemontrainer: are back but beyond that. . . eh. I liked :ultridley: and :ultkrool:, but aside from them and Inkling, Ultimate's newcomers have been very disappointing for me, especially the DLC fighters. I'm still waiting for Elma.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yup. My top 3 in fact.

:ultkrool::ultridley:and:ultbanjokazooie:

Anyone else I want through DLC means will just be icing on cake at this point.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My top 3 wanted characters for DLC were :ultbanjokazooie:, Poochy and Bandana Dee, Banjo-Kazooie got in. And the other 2 might have a chance to be playable in Future DLC.

StormC

Smash Hero
King K. Rool has been my most wanted for the last decade. I might have cried at his reveal trailer.

Banjo & Kazooie were characters I didn't take seriously until K. Rool got in, at which point they became my next most wanted. I might have also cried.

Besides that, Mega Man and Ridley I wanted since pre-Brawl, Cloud was an insane pipe dream choice and Diddy/Dedede were my most wanted for Brawl. Palutena was a "if she can make it, great" character since I knew Smash 4 was her only window for inclusion and I loved Uprising so I wanted her in it.

K. Rool > Banjo & Kazooie > Cloud > Mega Man > Diddy > Dedede > Ridley

I've joked before that every game, I get two of my top 5, but only two (with Smash 4 and Ultimate giving me the bonus rounds of Cloud and Banjo). I've been extremely fortunate with Ultimate and truly feel like B&K was my last big wishlist character. Now I can finally rest.

...what do you mean there's more DLC after the Fighters Pass?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I started playing Smash around the Brawl era - 3 out of my 4 most wanteds got in 3DS/Wii U :ultpacman::ultduckhunt::ultmiifighters:, - the one who didn't get in was Muddy Mole, while I have a lot more characters I wanted between 3DS/Wii U and Ultimate, too many to name probably - but three did make the cut :ultdaisy::ultkrool::ultpichu:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I had 3 most wanteds in Ultimate, Sora, Layton and Joker, funnily enough the one I thought was a pipe dream was the one that got in. :ultjoker:

Before that my most wanted was Megaman who of course showed up way back in 4 and before that it was Sonic.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
I really wanted to see a Peashooter from Plants vs. Zombies make it in and Sans as a meme.

I guess a Mii Costume is good enough

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Brawl: Wanted Sonic, Mega Man, Ridley, Dark Samus, and Cloud
Got Sonic

Smash 4: Wanted Mega Man, Ridley, Dark Samus, and Richter
Got Mega Man and Cloud

Smash Ultimate: Wanted Ridley, Rex, Dark Samus, Richter, Shantae, and Fiora
Got Ridley, Dark Samus, and Richter

I'd say that Smash has been pretty good to me over the years.

Top Bottom