• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you like or not like Star Fox Zero?

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I'm curious about the views here with the rollout of Star Fox Zero. It was pretty much the highlight of Nintendo's E3, and since we haven't had a legit Star Fox installment since either 2007 or 2006 (Command), I was anxious to see how it would go. Needless to say since initially falling in love with Star Fox Adventures, I was expecting something different.

Its supposedly a reimagined Star Fox 64, but it seems to be heavily lacking. I was expecting more engaging cutscenes and actually being able to control Fox from outside of the Arwing, not the chicken-looking thing. But anyway, that's my reaction.

What was yours other than Fox being a Muppet at the beginning?

I'm one of those fans who believes that Star Fox 64 was the last good Star Fox game, so a re-imagined version of that is pretty much all I could ever want. If they incorporate more stuff from Star Fox 2 (like the Walker) - even better.

That said, what they showed off back then looked pretty bland. Lots of really big environments with not a whole lot going on. It reminded me of locations in MMOs, just without all the people. Granted, it's not finished yet, but that footage certainly wasn't encouraging.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looks fun!

Very hyped for it.

finalark

SNORLAX
It's basically a glorified Star Fox 64 remake. So either this will be a case of "been there, done that" or it will be good. Personally, I was hoping for something a bit closer to Assault but Nintendo had to satisfy nostalgia-blinded purists who are keeping the series from evolving in any meaningful way long time fans who didn't like the GCN era games.

Interestingly enough, it looks like a lot of things from the scrapped Star Fox 2 made it into this game. It would have cool to see the scrapped characters make their first cannon appearance but seeing how SF64 fans lose their **** and riot if any new characters are introduced you can say goodbye to that concept I guess Nintendo decided against it.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
It's basically a glorified Star Fox 64 remake. So either this will be a case of "been there, done that" or it will be good. Personally, I was hoping for something a bit closer to Assault but Nintendo had to satisfy nostalgia-blinded purists who are keeping the series from evolving in any meaningful way long time fans who didn't like the GCN era games.

Interestingly enough, it looks like a lot of things from the scrapped Star Fox 2 made it into this game. It would have cool to see the scrapped characters make their first cannon appearance but seeing how SF64 fans lose their **** and riot if any new characters are introduced you can say goodbye to that concept I guess Nintendo decided against it.
I've said it before and I'll probably end up saying again. I believe Rare is the best at developing a Star Fox game.

I was hoping for something along the lines of Adventures or Assault myself.

finalark

SNORLAX
I've said it before and I'll probably end up saying again. I believe Rare is the best at developing a Star Fox game.

I was hoping for something along the lines of Adventures or Assault myself.
Personally, I'm a fan of Namco's take on it. Assault actually felt like an effort to move the series forward in terms of both game play and story. It's a shame that we'll probably never see another SF game take as many chances or set in the same continuity ever again.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Personally, I'm a fan of Namco's take on it. Assault actually felt like an effort to move the series forward in terms of both game play and story. It's a shame that we'll probably never see another SF game take as many chances or set in the same continuity ever again.
That kinda angers me to be honest. Nintendo's always put Star Fox on the back burner and its made my teeth cringe.

I understand the marketability and the profiting that comes off of releasing a Mario game, or a Zelda game, every year or so, but other franchises need love as well. How many times is Bowser gonna keep doing the same old kidnapping routine?

finalark

SNORLAX
That kinda angers me to be honest. Nintendo's always put Star Fox on the back burner and its made my teeth cringe.

I understand the marketability and the profiting that comes off of releasing a Mario game, or a Zelda game, every year or so, but other franchises need love as well. How many times is Bowser gonna keep doing the same old kidnapping routine?
I feel like it has less to do with marketability and more to do with Nintendo simply not knowing what to do with SF. Starting from Adventures onward every game in the series has had mixed reception. So instead of putting out games they knew fans were iffy on, they decided to take a break.

A bit disappointing that after an eight year hiatus the best thing they could come up with was "**** it, let's make Star Fox 64 again." But hey, I've never played a Star Fox game I didn't like so I'm probably going to buy it anyway since it will probably be good and will help me justify that $300 I spent on a Wii U.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I've only played Adventures and Assault, and I liked both, especially the latter. Zero is going to be my first real exposure to the Star Fox 64 story. That said, I would have preferred a sequel to Assault or even Command. I feel like the series going forward is going to be a never-ending deluge of SF64 rehashes and that I'll never get to see Krystal in action again. (She's my favorite member of Star Fox, mainly because Rare created her and I love Rare to bits and pieces.)

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I've only played Adventures and Assault, and I liked both, especially the latter. Zero is going to be my first real exposure to the Star Fox 64 story. That said, I would have preferred a sequel to Assault or even Command. I feel like the series going forward is going to be a never-ending deluge of SF64 rehashes and that I'll never get to see Krystal in action again. (She's my favorite member of Star Fox, mainly because Rare created her and I love Rare to bits and pieces.)
I think Rare knows how to make a Star Fox game, let alone a Nintendo game. Star Fox-wise not Platinum, not Namco, but Rare. Star Fox 64 was a iconic video game that defined the series, even more than the original (I wonder how many people actually know the SNES version), but to keep "reimagining" or "recreating" it will only hurt it over time since people will get tired of it.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
The sad thing is, people won't get tired of it. There are only two real kinds of Star Fox fans: people who like barrel roll memes, and people who like Star Fox 64. People who like the Rare and Namco games and want to see the story move forward are a very small minority. Nintendo can definitely get away with remaking the same basic game over and over again as long as they please the two biggest demographics.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
The sad thing is, people won't get tired of it. There are only two real kinds of Star Fox fans: people who like barrel roll memes, and people who like Star Fox 64. People who like the Rare and Namco games and want to see the story move forward are a very small minority. Nintendo can definitely get away with remaking the same basic game over and over again as long as they please the two biggest demographics.
True that.

At least with the Mario franchise, they've at least taken Mario to a vacation gone wrong, and shot him up into outer space twice, Adventures opened up a whole new dimension to Fox's world that the franchise could have benfitted from, but the fanbase ******* about Fox not being int he air enough (in fact, the Zelda dynamic fits Fox well). Assault was a mixture of both, Fox's personality being more subdued. Nintendo already tried giving handheld players the Star Fox 64 experience with the Star Fox 3DS version, do we really need another attempt with Star Fox Zero?

The whole thing is maddening if you ask me.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
A little, yeah. If the "main" Star Fox series is going to cater to the SF64 crowd and no one else, maybe Nintendo should start a sub-series that caters to people who liked Adventures and Assault. Something with more on-foot missions on new and familiar locations. Imagine an Adventures sequel where the hub world is downtown Corneria. I'd love to see something like that.

I think Rare knows how to make a Star Fox game, let alone a Nintendo game. Star Fox-wise not Platinum, not Namco, but Rare. Star Fox 64 was a iconic video game that defined the series, even more than the original (I wonder how many people actually know the SNES version), but to keep "reimagining" or "recreating" it will only hurt it over time since people will get tired of it.
Maybe. But unlike 2D Mario, which has been done to death at this point, Star Fox only got 2 games deep before it started to make some drastic changes. Whether you like those changes or not, there's no denying that it got away from what people loved about those first couple games (though Command did come close.)

As I said, I'm a fan of the first 2 games. Star Fox 64 is in my top 10. It's a really fun, simple, on-rails shooter where you blow **** up in space and murder fools while they cry about their emperor. All I've wanted all this time is more of that. I don't want some lame Rare adventure game with Fox slapped in it, I don't want bad on-foot segments, I don't want strategy elements. I just want some good old-fashioned space animals.

But that's just me.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The only Star Fox games I've played was Adventures and 64 3D on the 3DS.

I am particularly interested in Zero although I want to wait for further new info.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've played every game excluding SNES. I've enjoyed them all for what they were.

I will say.

64 and the Arwing only levels of Assault are the way to go.

On foot is fun, but when you're going for a revival, you need to go with what you know will work. Which is perfectly fine.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Hated it, looks like Nintendo didn't even try to take advantage of what the Wii U hardware can do, what I wanted was a space epic, that improves on everything that Assault did, keep moving the series forward, and NOT pander to nostalgia purists who rage if anything new is added., not make SF64HD. This is why Nintendo really should ignore a lot of what the fans want

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like how the game isn't even out yet and people are calling it Star Fox 64 HD.

We have freaking walker mechs and stealth missions.

It's more like 64 than others but it's still incredibly different even at a glance.

This is fanboying to the nth degree and you people are calling them fanboys.

This is ridiculous.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I like how the game isn't even out yet and people are calling it Star Fox 64 HD.

We have freaking walker mechs and stealth missions.

It's more like 64 than others but it's still incredibly different even at a glance.

This is fanboying to the nth degree and you people are calling them fanboys.

This is ridiculous.
Big deal, okay maybe they added two new features, but it still looks like an SF64 remake to me

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Big deal, okay maybe they added two new features, but it still looks like an SF64 remake to me
Not only that but the levels are different and and it's co-op.

You're pretty blind if you seriously think its a remake.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
It's not a remake like Star Fox 64 3D, but look at it. All we've seen are the same four space animals fighting Andross forces in familiar settings from Star Fox 64. Yeah, the chicken walker looks kind of cool (I'd rather see on-foot stuff myself), but so far none of the trailers are selling anything we aren't already intimately familiar with. It's a rehash. The title may well refer to the number of bold new ideas.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Not only that but the levels are different and and it's co-op.

You're pretty blind if you seriously think its a remake.
Nintendo is stated themselves Star Fox Zero is a "re-imagining" of Star Fox 64. By their account, its not a sequel or anything at all. Just a reimagined product of a game in the past with a few new features.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It's not a remake like Star Fox 64 3D, but look at it. All we've seen are the same four space animals fighting Andross forces in familiar settings from Star Fox 64. Yeah, the chicken walker looks kind of cool (I'd rather see on-foot stuff myself), but so far none of the trailers are selling anything we aren't already intimately familiar with. It's a rehash. The title may well refer to the number of bold new ideas.
That was the exact point of what I said
Assault was full of bold new ideas, I am just sad that it has been underappreciated for years

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
That was the exact point of what I said
Assault was full of bold new ideas, I am just sad that it has been underappreciated for years
Both Assault and Adventures added dimensions to Fox's world that Nintendo could easily take up. But they rather willow in the past with Star Fox 64.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Both Assault and Adventures added dimensions to Fox's world that Nintendo could easily take up. But they rather willow in the past with Star Fox 64.
Because of the purists who whine and complain all the time, ignore those idiots what they want gets in the way of having the Star Fox series progress and evolve. The On-Rails Shooter is a dying genre, it has been for years, Star Fox would have died out sooner if they didn't experiment with new genres, why can't those idiots get that through their thick skulls.
Zero really does represent the problems with Nintendo these days, too much pandering to nostalgia and rehashing. Oh and the barrel roll meme stopped being funny years ago, but Nintendo really flogged a dead horse at E3 by referencing that meme

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Because of the purists who whine and complain all the time, ignore those idiots what they want gets in the way of having the Star Fox series progress and evolve. The On-Rails Shooter is a dying genre, it has been for years, Star Fox would have died out sooner if they didn't experiment with new genres, why can't those idiots get that through their thick skulls.
Zero really does represent the problems with Nintendo these days, too much pandering to nostalgia and rehashing. Oh and the barrel roll meme stopped being funny years ago, but Nintendo really flogged a dead horse at E3 by referencing that meme
Agreed. I didn't notice (or take away) much of E3 other than Star Fox Zero was Mario Maker, although that Muppet opening was commendable. I really think it comes down to people sticking to certain installments they like (in this case, SF64 instead of trying to get a more modernized take) and the good of the franchise over profits. Super Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda get all of Nintendo's attention for the most part, which for the most part would take care of their profit margins.

Its time to shed some new light on these franchises put on the back burner, because playing the same song and dance can only lead to the demise of something rather to prospering it.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Agreed. I didn't notice (or take away) much of E3 other than Star Fox Zero was Mario Maker, although that Muppet opening was commendable. I really think it comes down to people sticking to certain installments they like (in this case, SF64 instead of trying to get a more modernized take) and the good of the franchise over profits. Super Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda get all of Nintendo's attention for the most part, which for the most part would take care of their profit margins.

Its time to shed some new light on these franchises put on the back burner, because playing the same song and dance can only lead to the demise of something rather to prospering it.
I agree, can I tell you an idea I have had for Star Fox for some time

I dunno, I've seen far more whining from the people complaining about purists rather than the purists themselves.

Calling people nostalgia-blinded thick-skulled idiots because they want a proper follow-up to a critically-acclaimed classic after 20 years or so is also kinda ridiculous.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Command would be retconned, and the game would take place after Assault A movie quality story, and branching dialouge like Mass Effect or Fallout 4, also explaining character backstories more, Space combat levels have been taken off rails, aka All Range Mode,Upgradable weapons and craft A slightly edgier storyline New enemies Different story options (I.e Fox's story, Falco's story, Krystal's story, Star Wolf, etc.) that show the story from another character's perspective and telling their origin stories, they are unlocked after beating the previous story Some team based elements On foot combat returns, but is slightly slower paced, you can switch between 1st and 3rd person views, oh and you can now aim with all weapons (AKA all weapons have iron sights) Online multiplayer with Voice Chat Local Multiplayer
Hidden Lore about Lylat is discoverable based on missions
Team Based Gameplay
Also the story is supposed to be slightly more serious then past games, also gone is the Cheesy dialogue and bad voice acting of past games, replaced with serious dialouge with some humor thrown in. Also gone is the old puppet visuals, replaced with realistic characters.
The different stories also provide backstory
(Fyi: By serious, I mean less campy)
The Great Fox (or Sargasso) would serve as an interactive hub world in between missions, with different characters that provide a useful purpose, (Krystal would use her telepathic abilites to provide intel, Slippy would upgrade weapons and vehicles and develop new vehicles and weapons).

finalark

SNORLAX
I dunno, I've seen far more whining from the people complaining about purists rather than the purists themselves.

Calling people nostalgia-blinded thick-skulled idiots because they want a proper follow-up to a critically-acclaimed classic after 20 years or so is also kinda ridiculous.
Probably because everyone who has been clamoring for Star Fox 64 for with an HD skin finally got what they wanted, leaving them with nothing to complain about while people who liked the post-64 games feel like they've been shafted.

I don't know if you were asleep between 2002 and now but for over a decade you couldn't even mention Star Fox in a conversation (or thread, if you will) without someone complaining about the GCN games and Command. For years it was "Fox should have never gotten out of the cockpit" and "When are we going to get another game like 64?" Hell, you shouldn't even suggest that you liked any of the post-64 games without getting flak for it. Mentioning that you like Adventures in particular was practically a death sentence in some circles.

Ironically, there was a follow up to 64. It was Assault. It was a return to more familiar game play, expanded upon the ground options from Star Fox 64's multiplayer and explored new avenues with things like the Landmaster and other vehicles as well as pushing the boundaries for what your options were in a given level.

Now, I'm not going to badmouth Zero too extensively. I'm sure the game will be good. I certainly plan on buying it since I've never played a Star Fox game I didn't like. But I am disappointed in what the game represents. It's like Nintendo has all but admitted that the series will never move out of 64's shadow so they've thrown their hands in the air and said, "**** it. Let's reboot it again. It's Fox, Slippy, Falco and Peppy fighting a disembodied monkey head. On rails shooting, lift some dialog wholesale from 64, maybe throw in some **** we scrapped from Star Fox 2 so nobody can call it a rehash and let's call it a day." They might as well have Miyamoto come out and declare that they'll be doing that for all future SF games since they're not willing to evolve the series in any meaningful way anymore.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Now, I'm not going to badmouth Zero too extensively. I'm sure the game will be good. I certainly plan on buying it since I've never played a Star Fox game I didn't like. But I am disappointed in what the game represents. It's like Nintendo has all but admitted that the series will never move out of 64's shadow so they've thrown their hands in the air and said, "**** it. Let's reboot it again. It's Fox, Slippy, Falco and Peppy fighting a disembodied monkey head. On rails shooting, lift some dialog wholesale from 64, maybe throw in some **** we scrapped from Star Fox 2 so nobody can call it a rehash and let's call it a day." They might as well have Miyamoto come out and declare that they'll be doing that for all future SF games since they're not willing to evolve the series in any meaningful way anymore.
SF Zero was the only Nintendo title I was considering purchasing this year, thus why my jaw dropped when I saw the rollout. I'm serious when I say I think its things like this that peels back a very ripe onion layer in Nintendo's R&D.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Probably because everyone who has been clamoring for Star Fox 64 for with an HD skin finally got what they wanted, leaving them with nothing to complain about while people who liked the post-64 games feel like they've been shafted.

I don't know if you were asleep between 2002 and now but for over a decade you couldn't even mention Star Fox in a conversation (or thread, if you will) without someone complaining about the GCN games and Command. For years it was "Fox should have never gotten out of the cockpit" and "When are we going to get another game like 64?" Hell, you shouldn't even suggest that you liked any of the post-64 games without getting flak for it. Mentioning that you like Adventures in particular was practically a death sentence in some circles.

Ironically, there was a follow up to 64. It was Assault. It was a return to more familiar game play, expanded upon the ground options from Star Fox 64's multiplayer and explored new avenues with things like the Landmaster and other vehicles as well as pushing the boundaries for what your options were in a given level.

I know right, technically it IS a rehash

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm really excited for it on the principle of it being Star Fox. I know I will enjoy it to some degree. Adventures is the only game I don't enjoy that much, but it's not even a Star Fox game and more like a mediocre Zelda game.

However, I am not without my gripes and worries.

First off, no online. There's no excuse for that. The game was perfect for it. I don't get Miyamoto. Apparently giving a sequel to Luigi's Mansion an online mode made sense to him (even though NOBODY asked for that, people just wanted a new Luigi's Mansion adventure, period), but an online mode for a game about literal dogfights didn't. I'm sorry, but it's just stupid. This game should have online. Star Fox has a history of having multiplayer in every game sans the original and Adventures, and each time, it's been a natural fit for online, but the tech wasn't there. On Wii U though, that isn't a factor, so online is a logical progression for the series. BUT NOPE MIYAMOTO AND HIS DINOSAUR GAME DESIGN IDEOLOGIES GET IN THE WAY AGAIN. It's especially annoying since his excuse for it was "we wanted to focus on making the graphics impressive". I personally like how the game looks a lot stylistically, but objectively, the game doesn't look too amazing from a technical standpoint, it's leagues behind other Wii U titles like Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, and Smash - yet all of these games look better and STILL HAVE ONLINE.

Also, the game doesn't have proper co-op. It's been revealed that the co-op is more like the Co-Star mode in Super Mario Galaxy - Player 1 controls the vehicle's movement, Player 2 controls it's weapons. I can understand local co-op being difficult for this game because of how the Game Pad is used, but again, online! It would have been cool if you could a least do four player co-op with all four pilots, that would have been awesome.

I am also disappointed the game is pretty much Star Fox 64 2.0. It's jarring, since the last game was literally a remake of 64. The stories and characters are also one of the best aspects of the Star Fox games, so it's annoying stuff like Assault is likely retconned, as they had some awesome developments. I have created my own Zelda-esque timeline for the Star Fox franchise, and I logically fit Zero into it, but I know Nintendo won't make this official.

I also was hoping for something akin to Assault, especially since it's the best game in the series, but I am not hurt too much by the lack of on foot (which by the way, DEBUTED IN 64, the game everyone loves so much!) missions, since I think the Landwalker is a good compromise. I enjoyed it a lot in Star Fox 2, and it looks fun here too.

There's more I could think of but at the end of the day, I know the game will be fun for what it is, I was just hoping it would be a bit more.

finalark

SNORLAX
Do we know if the game will have competitive multiplayer of any kind? Assault's was a staple for my friends and I for years until I lent my copy to another kid when I was in high school and then never saw it again. Command ended up replacing it since, say what you will for the story, but the multiplayer is a ton of fun.

Would be real nice to enjoy some dog fighting splitscreen again.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Do we know if the game will have competitive multiplayer of any kind? Assault's was a staple for my friends and I for years until I lent my copy to another kid when I was in high school and then never saw it again. Command ended up replacing it since, say what you will for the story, but the multiplayer is a ton of fun.

Would be real nice to enjoy some dog fighting splitscreen again.
I don't think it's been confirmed or denied, though I personally doubt it will unless the game does get an online mode in the end. Star Fox: Zero has a control scheme where the Game Pad is pretty much required for a single person to operate the game.

Then again, maybe they will add some asymmetrical mulltiplayer? Like, maybe the player on the Game Pad gets to play as Andross and place minions on the map and has to manage resources, while the other four players use traditional Star Fox controls and fly Arwings that way, and try to compete for the most points, while surviving Andross' waves. Kinda like the multiplayer in ZombiU.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I'm really excited for it on the principle of it being Star Fox. I know I will enjoy it to some degree. Adventures is the only game I don't enjoy that much, but it's not even a Star Fox game and more like a mediocre Zelda game.

However, I am not without my gripes and worries.

First off, no online. There's no excuse for that. The game was perfect for it. I don't get Miyamoto. Apparently giving a sequel to Luigi's Mansion an online mode made sense to him (even though NOBODY asked for that, people just wanted a new Luigi's Mansion adventure, period), but an online mode for a game about literal dogfights didn't. I'm sorry, but it's just stupid. This game should have online. Star Fox has a history of having multiplayer in every game sans the original and Adventures, and each time, it's been a natural fit for online, but the tech wasn't there. On Wii U though, that isn't a factor, so online is a logical progression for the series. BUT NOPE MIYAMOTO AND HIS DINOSAUR GAME DESIGN IDEOLOGIES GET IN THE WAY AGAIN. It's especially annoying since his excuse for it was "we wanted to focus on making the graphics impressive". I personally like how the game looks a lot stylistically, but objectively, the game doesn't look too amazing from a technical standpoint, it's leagues behind other Wii U titles like Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, and Smash - yet all of these games look better and STILL HAVE ONLINE.

Also, the game doesn't have proper co-op. It's been revealed that the co-op is more like the Co-Star mode in Super Mario Galaxy - Player 1 controls the vehicle's movement, Player 2 controls it's weapons. I can understand local co-op being difficult for this game because of how the Game Pad is used, but again, online! It would have been cool if you could a least do four player co-op with all four pilots, that would have been awesome.

I am also disappointed the game is pretty much Star Fox 64 2.0. It's jarring, since the last game was literally a remake of 64. The stories and characters are also one of the best aspects of the Star Fox games, so it's annoying stuff like Assault is likely retconned, as they had some awesome developments. I have created my own Zelda-esque timeline for the Star Fox franchise, and I logically fit Zero into it, but I know Nintendo won't make this official.

I also was hoping for something akin to Assault, especially since it's the best game in the series, but I am not hurt too much by the lack of on foot (which by the way, DEBUTED IN 64, the game everyone loves so much!) missions, since I think the Landwalker is a good compromise. I enjoyed it a lot in Star Fox 2, and it looks fun here too.

There's more I could think of but at the end of the day, I know the game will be fun for what it is, I was just hoping it would be a bit more.
I don't necessarily agree that Adventures wasn't a Star Fox game and just a "mediocre Ze;da game." Its the first real time we saw Fox completing objectives outside of the cockpit, considering the game for its time Rare did a commendable job with the graphics. Plus to this day I think Steve Malpass gives Fox the best voice, Mike West being one of the last. The "Legend of Zelda" element works well in Star Fox, it just depends on how you infuse the element. In my view, Fox's personality is the best in Adventures compared to the other games in the franchise, and I believe Fox should be modeled after that.

Do characters personalities matter at the end of the day when all is said and done? It doesn't have the most influence but compelling characters, like the scenarios, equally create a compelling game.
I still believe Adventures is one of the best games int the entire GameCube catalog to date.

Assault was a good game. Its the first time I noticed there was a creature named Wolf. Fox's personality in Assault I noticed was more subdued and the graphics in Assault was sub-par, to put it in a respectable manner.

Being I'm not big into online modes, I can give or take with SF Zero not having an online feature, or a multiplayer feature for that matter. What I AM hoping for though is that its not all just recycled SF 64 dialogue and plots, and has something fresh to offer (and more than just characters talking to each other via transmission boxes).

Something big would have to be showcased for me to purchase the game at this point.

Top Bottom