• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did Type Effectiveness Return?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So do we have any information on whether or not the Pokes retain their elemental weaknesses from Brawl? It’s been bugging the crap out of me. I haven’t been able to find anything through searching, but surely we know by now, right?

Last edited:

chaostails7

Smash Cadet
You know, I was sure I heard this somewhere, but now I can't find it at all, let alone from a credible source. Sorry about that - confidence withdrawn. I'll come back if I find it again. Hopefully I'm not just spreading baseless rumors.

chaostails7

Smash Cadet
Update: Okay, found a reliable source that says it's GONE.

Source: Virum, Charizard main who has played Ultimate carefully enough to publish materials on it
Location: 9/23 on the #pokemon_trainer channel in the Charizard discord (which you should join if you haven't already - here's the thread describing it https://smashboards.com/threads/charizard-discord-chat.425655/)

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
If this is true, this is FANTASTIC news!

I've been wanting to solo-main Ivysaur since the announcement, but the prevalence of fire-based moves scared me a bit. No longer must I worry!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
#nofear

I was actually hearing early on it was back, but I'm glad to hear confirmation from Virum that it's gone, alongside the annoying stamina and long, drawn-out switching.

<3

Top Bottom