• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did I just discover a new mechanic in Melee by pure luck?

Drunken Hotei

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
JEDI#175
I was practicing Ahmsah-tech on my stream using UnclePunch, and someone in chat explained that you could prevent falling off the ledge by spot-dodging within a 4-frame window. In messing around, I accidentally downsmashed at about the same point where you'd want to spot-dodge, and it worked at least as well to stop me from falling. The window for the downsmash option seems much smaller unless it's somehow related to whatever other inputs I did (fortunately, I recorded them with m-overlay so you can see for yourself). Is this technique known? I can't find anything on it, and none of my followers seems to have any idea that this was possible?

Drunken Hotei

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
JEDI#175
Wow! That video was incredibly informative on far more than just the answer to my question. I can't remember the last time I've subscribed to a YT creator that quickly. Thanks a ton!

Top Bottom