• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did I Do That? Make a Thread for Steve Urkel for MultiVersus? Yes.

AlRex

Smash Lord
urkel.jpg

First of all, I should explain who this guy is. Well, Steve Urkel is a young, very exaggerated nerd from the sitcom Family Matters. He was originally supposed to be a one-off character, but was ridiculously popular, eventually coming to the household of the Winslow family very frequently, and increasingly turning the sitcom over towards high-tech, sci-fi shenanigans. He was the breakout character of the show, pretty much, and when people ever think of this show, and perhaps, notable sitcom characters in general, they think of Steve Urkel. He was ridiculously huge in the 90's, to the point of getting his own toys, cereal, and presidential campaign.

But what does he do? You'd expect that this would just be a nerdy guy on a sitcom hanging out with the neighbor family, but like I hinted before, Urkel has numerous inventions that could be useful. Rockets, jetpacks, exploding food, robot duplicates of himself, a magnet suit, a giant vacuum, freezing spray, cloning, time travel, teleportation, super speed spray, electrified magnifying glasses, explosive detonators, and of course, his numerous transformations, ranging from the cool Stephan Urquelle, to even the ability to have exactly as much fighting skill and strength as Bruce Lee in his prime. Let's also not forget that while Urkel is clumsy, it can cause a huge amount of destruction.

All that is well and good, but is he eligible? Well, Family Matters is currently distributed by Warner Bros., and has been since its later seasons, plus Urkel met Scooby-Doo fairly recently. So moveset and eligibility wise, he certainly has the material for MultiVersus. A bit silly? Well, the game already is, somewhat, having Bugs Bunny fight Arya Stark and Batman, so I don't see a good reason why not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom