• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did I accidentally find a new character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
This isn't a troll thread, and I don't think this is necessarily a new character. But I noticed Mr. Saturn isn't adjacent to any Mother characters on the big Smash wallpaper. Lucas is sort of nearby, but he's not very close. I bring this up because the only objects of interest on the wallpaper are the characters themselves and their related helpers (Popo/Nana, Olimar and Pikmin, etc.) with the exception of Mr. Saturn.

Again, I don't think it's necessarily evidence that Mr. Saturn is going to be a character, but there's no Assist Trophies or items on the image...

mrsaturn.PNG

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
It seems more likely that Lucas would have a somewhat altered moveset. He already uses the Rope Snake, why not Mr. Saturn?
I'm not really sure what I think yet. Probably this is nothing.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
My guess is that Mr. Saturn is just there to fill some space. He has been an iconic item in Smash since Melee.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's best to think this is nothing. It's also been noted before, and being it's an Item since Melee, it's just something fun. If he was playable, he would've been noted by now that he is. He's literally on the playable character montage and all.

Plus, it's an item on the actual Item list. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom