• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Did anoyne else beat classic 9.0 without losing a single stock?

Veigar

Smash Rookie
I just did this yesterday, which was excruciating due to the items and random things that make or break the game. The reward isn't even worth it; you just get a dumb badge. But the satisfaction of doing it is pretty great. I beat it with Yoshi, and I only won because I was able to sidestep edges' little smash move (the swipe that kos). So did anyone else do this?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Got it Friday. Ganondorf power. The satisfaction was worth it (since it only took me two tries total, and completionism makes all achievements worth it).

Raijinken

Smash Master
Can you tell us the setup you used?
Vampire Brawn Badge, Vampire Protection Badge, and I'm unable to remember the last one (and erased the setup when I was done, since I use the custom moveset project and didn't want it in the way). Might'a been another offense badge of some sort, resulting in positive offense, neutral defense, and negative speed.

I also used Warlock Blade, Flame Chain, Dark Vault, and Wizard's Dropkick. Flame Chain proc'd Vampire on virtually every hit, and Vault and Dropkick gave extra recovery.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I'm not even going to mess with it, not right now at least. Considering how rarely I use custom characters I see no reason to go through all that for a badge. I completed all the challenges that unlock CDs, I'm content with that.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Did it with Ness a few weeks back. I hung around the edges a lot and forced them to group together and then used PKT2 for 2-3 kills at a time sometimes if it sweet-spots (kills at around 50%).

I got the idea from this video, and since I'm a Ness main, I figured why not try it. Honestly, I was shocked at how comfortable it was, and got it on my 3nd try, one time my team mate died (if you get into a team battle and your mate dies I don't think you can finish the challenge, stupid I know), and another time I got too rushed in Master Fortress.

Of course, what feels comfortable to some is a nightmare to others, if you aren't comfortable with Ness' recovery mechanics, it probably isn't recommended. If you are though, Ness handles those annoying 8-man battles quite well, can heal during multiple portions of the Master Core battle (in fact, I purposely stalled at the sword form and healed to 0% on my last run so I'd be super safe vs the last form), and he requires 0 customisation. PSI Flash is also good when he's changing forms to get some damage off instantly.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
"Did anyone else beat the objective that you're required to do" is basically what you're asking.
The answer of which is yes and no. Some people have and some haven't.

Veigar

Smash Rookie
I'm honestly starting to believe in my own opinion that all the smash tour challenges are way harder than classic challenges. Smash tour is just... it gets on my nerves, and one moment I have 10 fighters, then someone activates a random item and I now have less than half of 10.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm honestly starting to believe in my own opinion that all the smash tour challenges are way harder than classic challenges. Smash tour is just... it gets on my nerves, and one moment I have 10 fighters, then someone activates a random item and I now have less than half of 10.
If you're familiar with Calvin & Hobbes, the best way describe Smash Tour is Calvinball in video game form. Nothing makes sense, the rules change when they feel like it, and it's a complete and utter mess that is nothing more than a waste of time and disc space.

If you have multiple controllers or Wiimotes, use them as dummies and just play by yourself. It makes all the bull**** challenges much easier.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I believe I posted this before, but I did it with Luigi and this setup (give or take on the stats):

Critical Hitter Gloves (+7 Atk -44 Def)
Risky Respawner Gloves (+70 Atk -12 Def)
Risky Respawner Protection Badge (+59 Def -13 Spd)

Destroys Master Core (save for Master Shadow, as is the case with most custom sets) so hard that you don't need healing, if you can survive the normal matches.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I did it a couple days ago after a couple days of trying. I gave Ness a Vampiric badge and he has slightly raised attack and defense. It took a lot of tries with Master Edge ruining two attempts and Master Beast ruining one. I also died a lot on Duck Hunt stage. When I beat it, it was my 15th time beating Classic on 9.0. Whenever I died on an earlier stage, I gave up and either SD or quit. If I lose a life in a later stage, I would just keep going and see if I could get more money because 2200 gold just to play 9.0 is a lot.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon success here from December 30.
Vampire Suit
Hyper Suit
Risky Respawner Gloves

Risky Respawner is the key for me here, since if you die you're going to reset anyway, so there's no downside to it in this case. Going with 2 Defensive items gave me Lifesteal and Stats at +68/+92/-88

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I know I'll have to face this sooner or later. But I have yet to get no deaths on Classic Level 9. I always get jerked around before the Master Core fights.

Porygon24

Smash Rookie
I did it as Marth even though I really wanted to finish the challenge as Luigi.

Equipment:

Legendary Sword

Kings Cape

Auto Regenerator Boots

It all depended on being defensive and striking at the right moment to not get blasted by their enhanced A.I. and trying to steal every possible item they grab before they do some unimaginable 0 to death KO.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I did it as Shulk even though I'm not that good as him. Two attack equips and a defense equip, random negatives I don't care about. Although I'd say three Risky Respawn swords would work better, good luck getting them.

Jump and Speed let me just camp the big FFAs for days and easily get good items, his counter destroys MC's forms, and Buster lets me combo Master Shadow indefinitely (since it doesn't seem to understand what airdodges are) and charged Buster Usmashes OHKO the second and fourth cores. With Shulk the final fight is probably the easiest.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I beat that challenge with Rosalina. It took me a couple of tries but I still got the job done.

Robbl

Smash Cadet
I did it with Toon-Link. I used the baseball bat, vampire and a random shield item.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
yes and many times... i suggest captain falcon with customs (I use one that makes it harder to grab the ledge and one that makes my shield regen slower) but they both give like 75 attack and -12 defense, for the third item i use the best defensive one that doesnt affect much my speed... its pretty much a cpt falcon that does 50 damage per up smash on the boss with a bit of extra defense sacrificing a bit of speed and shield/ledge which isnt very fundamental on classic

the problem with that setup is master fortress can be a *****.... in that case, make a similar build for rob (shamefully he doesnt have anything similar to those captain falcon attack boosts) but you can still manage something good and rob has a very easy time at both bosses (Usmash and Uair do a ton of damage + projectiles) and he also has a relatively easy time beating master fortress.... with so many projectiles you can beat it without losing a single %

PD: i beat it on like 3rd try with that captain falcon and did it with rob without customs, didnt die once and beat it level 9 on my very first try (to complete classic with every character i always started at 9 and ended up at 7.5+ with all characters, depending on how much i died)... already had the challenge done, but doing it with rob like that surprised me a lot, caught me off guards, wasnt even trying

Last edited:

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Did it with Mega Man. Not nearly as frustrating as any challenge involving Trash Tour.
Ditto, lol. I would rather grind for 50,000 blocks in Trophy Rush than wait for the planets to align and watch a Metroid show up in exactly the right spot at exactly the right time in Smash Tour. Just hammer that garbage.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I just did this yesterday, which was excruciating due to the items and random things that make or break the game. The reward isn't even worth it; you just get a dumb badge. But the satisfaction of doing it is pretty great. I beat it with Yoshi, and I only won because I was able to sidestep edges' little smash move (the swipe that kos). So did anyone else do this?
I get that the reward is pretty lousy... at the same time if it was something big like a stage... I think a lot of people would be upset at the amount of work it takes to unlock. The unlock process in games is fun.. but if it is to hard then playing becomes work.

Eventually I want to achieve that... but it is nice that I don't need to push at it for hours in order to get something I want.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Did it with Ness a few weeks back. I hung around the edges a lot and forced them to group together and then used PKT2 for 2-3 kills at a time sometimes if it sweet-spots (kills at around 50%).

I got the idea from this video, and since I'm a Ness main, I figured why not try it. Honestly, I was shocked at how comfortable it was, and got it on my 3nd try, one time my team mate died (if you get into a team battle and your mate dies I don't think you can finish the challenge, stupid I know), and another time I got too rushed in Master Fortress.

Of course, what feels comfortable to some is a nightmare to others, if you aren't comfortable with Ness' recovery mechanics, it probably isn't recommended. If you are though, Ness handles those annoying 8-man battles quite well, can heal during multiple portions of the Master Core battle (in fact, I purposely stalled at the sword form and healed to 0% on my last run so I'd be super safe vs the last form), and he requires 0 customisation. PSI Flash is also good when he's changing forms to get some damage off instantly.

Ness was my 1st 9.0 Classic Clear... figured that was possible because I was a Lucas main in Brawl so recovery is similar enough... and he is a great matchup vs fighting Mii Team which has a way of getting me at higher levels, Master Beast (HATE THAT FREAKING THING!!!) can heal against Master Blades, and vs Master Fortress has some options that are easier than any other character I have found... Though I have yet to complete beat on 9.0 no lives lost... I think Ness is the best character for the job. I am trying to unlock as many customs as possible in a somewhat fun way before my friends and I get together for our next game fest... so I was going for that even if it met an 8 man smash on a level I detest instead of a one on one against a character I think i could beat easily.

EDIT: shoot sorry about the double post... if there is a way to delete a post so i can edit stuff into the last one let me know because I have not found it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom