• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI or Die 2: The Sequel

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Tournament Thread:http://smashboards.com/threads/di-or-die-2-revised-pew-pew-card-games-oak-grove-mo.345117/
Date: January 18, 2014
Events:

Project M doubles

Entry Fee: $10 per team
Bracket: http://challonge.com/diordie2dubs

Results:

1. R-Frizzle/HyperMatt
2. Jace/Buzz Roll
3. Arion/Xion :samus2:/:sonic:
4. deadjames/j-slo :bowser2::mario2::luigi2:/:falcon::ganondorf:
5. Saber/Rahma Noodles :roypm:/:ike:
5. Pyro/Vion :lucario:/:ganondorf:
7. Arc/Marco :toonlink:/:peach:
7. Psyko/Aceman :samus2::mario2:/:samus2:
9. Jessica/Dylan
9. T-Rex/Meximan :toonlink:/:lucario::sheik::squirtle:

Project M Singles

Entry fee: $5
Bracket: http://challonge.com/diordie2

Results:
1. R-Frizzle :fox::falcon:
2. Jace :ivysaur::marth::pit:
3. Run DMX :metaknight:
4. HyperMatt :falco::marth:
5. Pyro:lucario:
5. J-slo :wolf::ganondorf:
7. deadjames:ike::peach::mario2:
7. Xion :sonic:
9. Arion :samus2::squirtle:
9. Xanto :zeldamelee:
9. Spire_Fan :yoshi2:
9. Buzz Roll :samus2::mario2:
13. Emo :squirtle::mewtwopm:
13. Rahma Noodles :link2::mario2:
13. Red:kirbymelee:
13. Ryan
17. Psyko :samus2::charizard::mario2:
17. ACEman :samus2:
17. Nrwd :pit:
17. Marco :peach:
17. Meximan :lucario::sheik::squirtle:
17. Badger :lucas:
17. Arc :toonlink::marth:
17. Stacy :popo::samus2:
25. DStarr2
25. Saber :roypm:
25. T-Rex :marth:

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
My boy j-slo goin Falcon in doubles.... O_o
Yeah he dropped Ganon, he's trying to decide if he wants to main Falcon or Wolf now.

Edit: I think he settled on Wolf though because he got a lot of compliments on his Wolf in singles and friendlies.

Last edited:

psykotikone

Smash Rookie
Damn, our sole Lucario player Pyro continues to impress me. Weirdly, watching the man play, I don't think he's got a single decisive victory in any of his games. He seems to always play to his opponent's level. Which could be a trait of Lucario's, I'm not exactly sure.

Regardless, he's doing well without most of the "Melee" skills, which shows how good his strategy and execution is with Lucario.

I'm a little sad I haven't watched more of your Peach play. I think that everytime I've tried to watch you, you've been playing Mario. I've also been meaning to check out Spire_Fan's Yoshi, seeing as he's been enjoying some moderate success with him.

Hopefully next time I won't drop both matches 0-2, and maybe I won't get matched up with the eventual 4th and 5th place finishers right off the bat either...Still, gotta get better if I want to get back into single digit placement.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Damn, our sole Lucario player Pyro continues to impress me. Weirdly, watching the man play, I don't think he's got a single decisive victory in any of his games. He seems to always play to his opponent's level. Which could be a trait of Lucario's, I'm not exactly sure.

Regardless, he's doing well without most of the "Melee" skills, which shows how good his strategy and execution is with Lucario.

I'm a little sad I haven't watched more of your Peach play. I think that everytime I've tried to watch you, you've been playing Mario. I've also been meaning to check out Spire_Fan's Yoshi, seeing as he's been enjoying some moderate success with him.

Hopefully next time I won't drop both matches 0-2, and maybe I won't get matched up with the eventual 4th and 5th place finishers right off the bat either...Still, gotta get better if I want to get back into single digit placement.
Well DMX recommended that I go Mario against Jace, so that's what that was about. I went Peach against almost everyone else except for Rahma, Arion, and Matt, Rahma beat my Peach with Link so I went Ike and styled on him pretty hard, then Arion beat my Mario so I went Peach, and Matt beat my Peach with his Falco then beat my Mario with his Marth. I wish he would've went Roy because I beat his Roy in a tourney at Lawrence. Personally, I think Pyro kind of overrated, his neutral game is virtually non-existent, he uses the same cross up over and over again, and he always blows his load too early with the spirit bombs. I think if Meximan actually put in the work to learn the general and Lucario specific ATs he could be way better because as a player he's way more intelligent than he lets on, he just lacks tech skill. Spire's Yoshi is really good though, since he's primarily a Melee player, I think he just needs to learn the PM MUs and utilize Yoshi's new OoS game then he'll be really scary.

Edit: As for improving you should come train with us some time, we usually get together at J-slo's house on Fridays, also every other Saturday Darkrain (a.k.a. one of the best Falcon players in the world) has an open smashfest at his house in Overland Park so you could go to that too, Jace and Frizz are there pretty frequently.

Edit: Also, speaking of Peach I'm salty about everyone else at Pew Pew using my color. I guess I'll start using Shadow Queen since everyone else uses Fire Peach now.

Last edited:

psykotikone

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'll have to see about joining you guys at least some Fridays so that I can train a little better. I pretty much get practice against Xanto and then an old school Melee player who can never come to the tournaments. The main problem is I'm already using a ton of gas getting to OG from Wburg, so it gets expensive if I'm heading up there, too. If I can swing it some weekend, I'd love to go out to Darkrain's, but that's more of the same issue from before.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah that's understandable. Well at the very least I'll grind out some friendlies with you at the next tourney.

j-slo-3

Smash Cadet
Yeah he dropped Ganon, he's trying to decide if he wants to main Falcon or Wolf now.

Edit: I think he settled on Wolf though because he got a lot of compliments on his Wolf in singles and friendlies.
well I haven't straight up dropped gannon, I just wont use him for certain match ups.

Top Bottom