• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64, Melee, PM & Wii U DI Another Day 2 - Perth Major

Noied

Smash Rookie
Perth’s biggest Smash event is back and it’s ready to be bigger than ever! DI Another Day 2 - presented to you by Outplay and Smash West.

This will be a three day event featuring singles and doubles tournaments for:
Super Smash Bros. (64)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Project M.

We are expecting very large numbers for this event, so each singles tournament will be held in two stages. Players will compete in pools and the top (x) players of each pool will make it out of that round. Round two will be a double elimination bracket.

If you plan on attending one tournament this year, make it this one. We are expecting attendance from out of state (and possibly from out of the country) so take this opportunity to learn from their experience - or make them learn from ours!

DATE:
September 9th 2016 - September 11th
COST:
Venue Fee: TBC - Required for entry
Price per singles event entry - TBC
Price per doubles event entry - TBC

All tournament entry fees go towards the pot for their respective games, with the exception of the venue fee.

VENUE:
Curtin Stadium
Kent St, Bentley WA 6102

HEAD TOs:
Tom Smallridge (Sundowns)
Max Chapman (Chappos)
Byron Evans (Bearfist)
Matthew Bennett (KIC)
Matthew Moyses (Smesty)
Jason Ly (Ace)
Deion Solomon (Noied)

POT BONUSES:
Melee Singles: $TBC
Melee Doubles: $TBC
Project M Singles: $TBC
Project M Doubles: $TBC
Smash 4 Singles: $TBC
Smash 4 Doubles: $TBC

SCHEDULE:
To be confirmed.

FACEBOOK EVENT:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1066517983399682/

SMASH.GG EVENT:
To be confirmed.

Evacuation Plan:
TBA

INFO DUMP:

The early stages of a big tournament like this are very hectic, so we ask that people not play friendlies on ANY of the consoles while the group stages are being run. Only when the tournaments are small enough that we don't require all setups for each will we be allowing friendlies.

There'll be a strict no food policy in the venue. We'll be enforcing this quite strictly, so don't be offended if you get asked to eat outside. This is just to minimise the mess we create. There's plenty of space to sit at and eat immediately outside the venue though. Please be courteous of the venue, don't break things and let your TOs know of any issues as soon as they arise.

ENTRANTS:
Upon arriving at the venue, make your way to the TO desk (just ask anyone with a wrist band where it is), where we will confirm your attendance and hand you a coloured wrist band. This wristband is used to identify paid competitors, so it's very important you have it on during the event and try not to lose it! If you do happen to lose it, talk to our TO's and we can organise a replacement.

DOUBLES ENTRANTS:
It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you are signed up with a partner, failing to do so may result in you not entering doubles.

SPECTATORS:
Regarding spectators, they will be plenty of room and seating to watch pools games and brackets.

===[SMASH 4]===
Wireless Controllers cause a lot of drama at tournaments, so PLEASE ensure you desync them from a console when you finish playing. These can cause serious delays and are very hard to track down.

===[MELEE]===

If you plan on bring a setup make sure it’s PAL Melee. If you have 20XX buy a 8GB SD card and contact Byron Evans at least a week before the event and he will give you the PAL ISO. Please no 20XX.

===[BASIC GUIDELINES]===

As for the tournament itself, there will be POOLS (similarly to PRIME II and onwards). We divide all the players into X amount of POOLS, where they will play round-robin (possibly double elimination depending on the numbers). There will be someone with a tablet/laptop running these pools, so PLEASE listen to them and only play who they tell you to play or you will risk being disqualified.

The two players with the best record in their pool will move on into a 32-man double elimination bracket, which plays out just like the regular tournaments we host.
Pools themselves will be run in waves, so make sure you're in the venue and ready to play during your allotted wave. It's YOUR responsibility to make sure you're there, we won't be chasing around every single player that goes missing.

You must bring your own controllers! No spares will be supplied on the day.

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post
Is the evacuation plan for when corpse shows up to threaten my girlfriend?

Cruzybecks

Smash Rookie
DIAD2 is going to be bomb.
y'all best be ready when my olimar comes in swinging pikmin full force yo

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm so keen but last time cost me too much. Unless I'm a candidate for sponsorship my attendance is not likely this time.
I loved Perth though.

Ol Jim Grizzigsby

Smash Rookie
aw yeah keen as

if any interstate/national players are looking for really cheap places to stay can put people (2) up, im pretty close to the venue and should be able to secure vehicular transportation. pm me for further details. you get at least 1 beer out of every carton I buy when you stay here (house rules).

Top Bottom