• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DH's Up B

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Is it better to press it once? Or does it work like Isabelle's Up B? I could probably lab this out myself but I figured i'd ask you guys.

I like DH but I feel like the Up B has less vertical recovery than it should.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm pretty sure that you just press it once.

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
Mashing does not help Duck Hunt's upB. Remember that just before his upB ends, you can directional airdodge up to get a last little bit of height.

Side note: Since upB does not have a hitbox, if you want to protect yourself, throw out a can right before you start it. Then you can tap B to have the can cover you as you fly.
This does take practice though, as if you are, say, holding left, to move closer to the stage, and you tap B to try to make the can rise, DH will cancel his upB into a sideB, killing you instantly. You have to be sure to tap the can only when not pressing a direction, which takes practice to work into a good recovery.

Top Bottom