• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
totally agree with the general consensus that the gambit basically helped scum narrow down pr's significantly. if NOTHING else, it outed poyzin and ryker as vt and gave a lot of direct reactions to role related things that didnt need to have happened. it couldve gone much worse UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin but i respect the balls

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Alright; I'll spoil it. The Mafia was...

JTB, Gorf, and Mac. JTB was the Ninja JOAT and Gorf was the 1 shot vig. Part of why Dooplissity got bussed might have had to do with JTB's powers? Don't know.

everyone else was VT, since ya'll already know Spak

Vote: Don't nuke fwiw because I just think giving up on games is kinda wack even if they aren't running the smoothest but I get everyone's frustration, just contributing my worthless inactive 2 cents

Yeah D2 was a **** show for me, crazy ****ing work week and then my best friend from college surprise visited me Fri-Sun for my birthday which was yesterday and I couldn't justify spending multiple hours during his visit to do catch up reading and posting as much as I had originally planned using the weekend to do so. So yeah I dropped the ball on that and contributed to the frustration the really active players were feelings and I can own up to that ****, sorry bros

If we're nuking this game and restarting I'd love to get in on it but I also understand if I'm not welcome given my abhorrent D2 in this game. If y'all want more bodies def give me a holler as I'd like a shot at redemption but if you're trying to thin out the player list and play a smaller size game Im not trying to box anyone out who would be significantly more active than me

Maybe my attitude has just changed and I care less about winning/losing or playing like a top tier quality mega competitive game? I was just trying to have some fun playing in a big game with old homies. I def didn't come into this game with the attitude that I was gonna put in a performance for the history books and I really wasn't expecting that from anyone else. Kinda saw this game more like friendlies than tournament I guess. My bad if that wasn't what people were going for
Hey man I totally feel you. Sorry that everyone voted to nuke this before you came in; I'm hoping that you'll enjoy what giraffelasergun giraffelasergun and I are putting down

Anyways, expect a thread sometime tonight. We'll talk about the next game(s) in there.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Good stuff, especially Mac and Gorf.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
oh and next game wise, I'm basically thinking of doing an 11 player game (13 if you guys really want) that's completely normal and semi-open, and then as that one has headway, I'll run a ******* game at the same time (that's 11 players at most) - this way if someone from the semi-open game dies early, they can consider joining the ******* one, and if the someone dies early in the ******* one, they can replace for the semi-open one.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
yo btw Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa if youre gonna do a semi open game can you please list full role pm's for any and all possible roles? all D1 i was operating under the pretense that inno child would have been revealed at the start of D1. i think that having that level of transparency is super important for everyone so that there are no questions about role speculation outside of "what roles might we be playing with?"

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
thank gorf this game got cancelled so i dont have to keep playing as scum

shoutouts to #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy for putting this thing together. it was def nice to play with the homies again

gorf was def holding it down, there was like no doubt in my mind he'd make it to endgame easily

my b if i was abrasive with anyone e.g: Rockin, Tom even JTB.

Ranmaru, ppl have been offering you good criticism and **** all game. but imma just say that there's also a lot of value in being a super obv townie slot like you can be. one of the best things to do as and for town is make yourself incredible townie so everyone else can narrow their options when scumhunting. in this game, it was way better to have a townie like you than a townie like nabe. so kudos at least on that end

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
yo btw Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa if youre gonna do a semi open game can you please list full role pm's for any and all possible roles? all D1 i was operating under the pretense that inno child would have been revealed at the start of D1. i think that having that level of transparency is super important for everyone so that there are no questions about role speculation outside of "what roles might we be playing with?"
Gotcha covered for sure. I'll be 100% transparent about how roles work, how roles interact with other roles, etc.

It'll be the first time I'm modding on this site and giraffelasergun giraffelasergun will be assisting me (At least with the semi-open)

edit: Also just so we're clear, I know I keep bringing up a B. Mod game, but the semi-open is absolutely 100% my priority over the two.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
good **** gorf/mac. consider this a win in spirit

the main thing this reminded me of is how important it is to always reevaluate your reads, especially townreads. ive been burned by going on autopilot with townreads and think that would hav been the case here for town with gorf/mac had it continued

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jex sorry I read you wrong I was trying not to push you but I was still vocal of what I saw. I'll try to read you better in the future. Hope things get better for you dude.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
WIll make sure this time!

JeXs

Smash Champion
Jex sorry I read you wrong I was trying not to push you but I was still vocal of what I saw. I'll try to read you better in the future. Hope things get better for you dude.
I didn't interact with you because I didn't have the energy to turn this into another sleepover. I talked a bit about my sickness etc to explain my skimming and low activity (in comparison to my past play) and I don't really know how you got a scum tell out of that :<

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
That's a fair amount of talk about me. I didn't want to put this out during the game, because it's partially AtE and partially tight-lipped gameplay. But since it's done I'll address some stuff.

I was pumped as hell for this game, but I had that sudden and unfortunate V/LA. I drove 16 hours out of 32, moved a lot of furniture, dealt with annoying people, and some sadness related to someone being dead. I came back to a ton of posts, which was fine, but when I was recovered and ready to start going, the Day was already over with a scum flip, and I let it sit for N1. It's stupid, but I was looking forward to playing with the people who died D1 and N1, and so I let the game slide when D2 started as well.

I started a real read when D2 was already ongoing, and then restarted when a particular idea came to mind, but it's a very big thread and I'm a literal human. I was doing my read-up looking hard almost exclusively at Mac, Ryker a little. But I wasn't done when people started scrambling for a lynch D2, and I didn't want to half-talk about it and come off stupid to town, potentially dangerous to scum, and risk getting lynch attention given the inactive situation in the thread. So I tabled it for D3 to finish the read correctly.

It's annoying; I've been playing some top-tier mafia in DG in the absence of this whole list. I wanted to come hard out of the gate D1 and enjoy some HBC, and I really tried to get back up to speed in good time when I ended up behind. When I started posting more on D2, me read was underway and I was making my normal catch-up approach in these situations, which is tight-lipped. I understand that rankling some people, it always does. But I wasn't being smug about being absent, I'm ****ing irritated that it happened this way. I had the time to actively play the game, I just didn't have the time to catch up my absence on this many pages before the end of the Day. I wasn't trolling, I just wasn't done baking.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm going to try to post less. We'll see how that goes. Also yeah that's why I tried to work with you more and was glad I was able to get you with me on Tom. I think I was just blind by meta. I also was having a really hard time reading you, I was biased by my experiences with you that it just felt off. Near the end I just felt like you were letting me drive more too, but I can see that you might have been just trying to post less. Also, that replace out was genuine and not a tactic. I just am not that good with reads admittedly and would rather not spend time when I'm wrong constantly. But I came back because I want to play with you guys overall.
I mean, the way I play the game has also changed drastically since when we used to play constantly. I learned a lot the last time I played in the mafia championships and I adapted it to my gameplan.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
To be clear also, I did say D1 that I'd sub out if people wanted, but that I wanted to continue if allowed. I didn't know at the time that the game was plagued by inactivity, and it never occurred to me whatsoever, because there were a ton of posts, and there seemed to be a ton of subs lined up. I only realized that the game was crumbling when people said so D2. I had no intent of sitting on one of many dead slots; I thought the game was up and running, having a nice chill time, and that I was the odd one out.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, we had no chance whatsoever of getting Mac + Gorf.

By the time we had gotten that far, I would've been dead. Either Ran would've gotten me when all the inactives I wanted dead flipped town or I'd have been night killed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would have pushed Rockin again before you and I don't know what I'd do. Mac I thought about but I was never sure I'd get him with how he was playing. He seemed so townie otherwise.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And sorry again for suggesting this if any of you wanted to play it out, but having to sit there and hold my **** so I didn't make it all the more impossible for inactive slots to get into the game all while wondering if Ran was going to use my lapse in activity to further a scum read on me did not make for a situation I liked.

At least I stopped the Rockin lynch. I didn't want Tom the most, I wanted Nabe or JTB, but with how dead the game was, I took what I could get. With two mafia among our pool of active votes, it was actually impossible to mobilize like I wanted to.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That's a fair amount of talk about me. I didn't want to put this out during the game, because it's partially AtE and partially tight-lipped gameplay. But since it's done I'll address some stuff.

I was pumped as hell for this game, but I had that sudden and unfortunate V/LA. I drove 16 hours out of 32, moved a lot of furniture, dealt with annoying people, and some sadness related to someone being dead. I came back to a ton of posts, which was fine, but when I was recovered and ready to start going, the Day was already over with a scum flip, and I let it sit for N1. It's stupid, but I was looking forward to playing with the people who died D1 and N1, and so I let the game slide when D2 started as well.

I started a real read when D2 was already ongoing, and then restarted when a particular idea came to mind, but it's a very big thread and I'm a literal human. I was doing my read-up looking hard almost exclusively at Mac, Ryker a little. But I wasn't done when people started scrambling for a lynch D2, and I didn't want to half-talk about it and come off stupid to town, potentially dangerous to scum, and risk getting lynch attention given the inactive situation in the thread. So I tabled it for D3 to finish the read correctly.

It's annoying; I've been playing some top-tier mafia in DG in the absence of this whole list. I wanted to come hard out of the gate D1 and enjoy some HBC, and I really tried to get back up to speed in good time when I ended up behind. When I started posting more on D2, me read was underway and I was making my normal catch-up approach in these situations, which is tight-lipped. I understand that rankling some people, it always does. But I wasn't being smug about being absent, I'm ****ing irritated that it happened this way. I had the time to actively play the game, I just didn't have the time to catch up my absence on this many pages before the end of the Day. I wasn't trolling, I just wasn't done baking.
Thanks for the explanation, I truly appreciate it and now understand better why you were inactive.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
One thing I've noticed myself doing more and more is figuring out what I DON'T want and derailing it in favor of something else that I'm willing to let go.

Top Bottom