• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
We're all friends here, I think what Ruy/Third would want is for us to enjoy ourselves over what integrity a setup or game has. The intent seemed pretty clear to me reading the OP this was just meant to be a homage in some ways, and I'd really like to see it done proper.
^

I've had to nuke a lot of games before; games that I (sometimes with others) put a lot more time into organizing. During the course of this game I've been working on a 7 player B-Mod setup, an 11-P B-Mod setup, and ideas to rerun this game at 7-13 players, so we'll be okay with whatever option you guys pick.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Keep the game running (0) -
Nuke and Reset (4) -
Ranmaru, Mac, Pythag, Soup

3 more votes and i'll throw this thing into scorched earth
if that happens give us a good gif or video thanks

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Vote: Put it in the microwave and nuke it.

(I still really wanna know the setup of this one if we remake, though; I'm super interested to see where everyone was aligned).

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I’m trying to think how rude it would be to the mods to vote for nuking the game.

Obviously they’ve put a lot of effort into organizing this, and I don’t wish to disrespect, ans I find myself leaning towards a remake
Nah, it's disrespectful of the inactives to do this to the mods and the active players. **** em, they should be booted.

Vote: Nuke

I would also strongly prefer Nabe to straight up not be included in the next game. That was unsportsmanlike behavior as hell.

Like toxicity, cool. It can be ignored and dealt with. But continuing inactivity with barely any excuse and refusing to replace out? It ruins the game for those who actually give a ****.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, I'll have a better impression of everyone's playstyles upon a remake, so that's a huge upshot.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Nah, it's disrespectful of the inactives to do this to the mods and the active players. **** em, they should be booted.

Vote: Nuke

I would also strongly prefer Nabe to straight up not be included in the next game. That was unsportsmanlike behavior as hell.

Like toxicity, cool. It can be ignored and dealt with. But continuing inactivity with barely any excuse and refusing to replace out? It ruins the game for those who actually give a ****.
Strongly disagree with this. It's not how many posts you make rather the content of the posts, but this seems to be lost on a few of you who demand everything be handled to you on a silver platter. Sorry if my words are a bit blunt, but Nabe is a good player and I've had absolutely no problems reading him or playing with him in any games I've been in.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Strongly disagree with this. It's not how many posts you make rather the content of the posts, but this seems to be lost on a few of you who demand everything be handled to you on a silver platter. Sorry if my words are a bit blunt, but Nabe is a good player and I've had absolutely no problems reading him or playing with him in any games I've been in.
That's cool but you literally weren't in this game. No offense, but I don't value your input here.

#HBC | ѕoup

That's cool but you literally weren't in this game. No offense, but I don't value your input here.
I have eyes, moreover I have experience with Nabe. That's not fair to him or not fair to people who don't play at your pace to assume they're not listening. The thing I like about Nabe when he's town is that he pays attention to things people gloss over in the heat of things, but I digress.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I have eyes, moreover I have experience with Nabe. That's not fair to him or not fair to people who don't play at your pace to assume they're not listening. The thing I like about Nabe when he's town is that he pays attention to things people gloss over in the heat of things, but I digress.
Again, that's fine and a fair take on Nabe.

It doesn't change how Nabe behaved in this game. We're literally voting to nuke the game over behavior like his, and he was the worst offender.

I've been in games with Nabe too, and he's a cool guy. I just don't want him in the redo, after how he behaved in this one. I'd be fine with future games, just not this one.

#HBC | ѕoup

Also I'm gonna say this and I don't mean this in a harmful way:

Ranmaru, you're my guy. I think you're really obvious town when you are town (this is not a game read) but you don't have an off button sometimes. If the game were to continue, I would've had to actively ignore like 1/3rd of your posts. I'm used to you by now, I know you like talking and I'm pretty sure I've told you this many times but regardless of what alignment I am I would have to consciously make the decision to tread lightly because it is simply impossible to sustain you because the minute a question is answered you ask another. The thread needs room to breathe and you can't force people to give content, and all you're doing is probably making people more obstinate by doing so.

Again, that's fine and a fair take on Nabe.

It doesn't change how Nabe behaved in this game. We're literally voting to nuke the game over behavior like his, and he was the worst offender.

I've been in games with Nabe too, and he's a cool guy. I just don't want him in the redo, after how he behaved in this one. I'd be fine with future games, just not this one.
We agree to disagree then and I respect your own decision (and the mods as well).

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Sounds good to me, we just have different viewpoints. No worries.

I do think that being in the game and experiencing directly how awful that was would have changed your viewpoint, but that may also be bias on my end. Either way, we'll see what the decision is.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sounds good to me, we just have different viewpoints. No worries.

I do think that being in the game and experiencing directly how awful that was would have changed your viewpoint, but that may also be bias on my end. Either way, we'll see what the decision is.
I mean, I was in it too, and I thought he was definitely being smug, but I wouldn't mind him being back in the game. Isn't that what the self policing is all about?

Nabe's activity would've been a bigger flag for discussion if there weren't like 5 other people with the exact same issue. at least imo

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I mean, I was in it too, and I thought he was definitely being smug, but I wouldn't mind him being back in the game. Isn't that what the self policing is all about?

Nabe's activity would've been a bigger flag for discussion if there weren't like 5 other people with the exact same issue. at least imo
It's not the smugness at all, otherwise I'd be pushing for like half the roster (including myself at times) to be booted lol.

We had a massive inactivity problem, and Nabe was by far the worst offender. I don't believe that behavior should be rewarded by being allowed in the redo.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Like if that's not self policing, I don't know what is.

I literally got blacklisted from games back in the day for poor behavior, and if we aren't going to do the same here by merely not allowing Nabe in the redo, I'll be severely disappointed.

I'll be clear again on this: I'm fine with him in future games. But not this one.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't think we should blacklist as a community. We are too small for that. I just ask that anyone that signs up, play the game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I don't think we should blacklist as a community. We are too small for that. I just ask that anyone that signs up, play the game.
We used to do it. Was it the right call then? Eh, depends on the person.

Edit since game isn't on: By that I mean that I vaguely recall some very very toxic players getting reasonably blacklisted, myself included. I deserved it at the time, even if maybe that kind of blacklisting shouldn't be done today.

But I'm not calling for a blacklist here. I just don't want Nabe in the redo, for his behavior in the original game.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't remember any player being blacklisted, maybe it was when I wasn't playing.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
We had a discussion an inactive list it a while ago, but it was sorta dismissed and never picked up that much traction. If you want some more opinions on the matter, you can look here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gorf's not wrong. The thing is this is a reunion game and I'd rather not force a person out of a one time chance to be with us.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
okay now that we're taking a break from the game

Did anyone pick up Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled over the weekend? I've been having a lot of fun with it, just beat oxide for the first time and picking up some of those relics right now.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Majority voted. Nuke locked.
okay now that we're taking a break from the game

Did anyone pick up Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled over the weekend? I've been having a lot of fun with it, just beat oxide for the first time and picking up some of those relics right now.
I have it on PS4 and Switch. add me!

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No but I'm hype for Mario Maker 2! Alright I'll make my scum team guess in my next post since nuke is locked now.

Top Bottom