• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
JTB, I want to see those notes, and full reads from you. If you're not caught up, catch up first and then post your conclusions.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Nah you've just been kinda focused on me, plus the Utopian gambit.

What are your thoughts on Rockin? Heck, what about Pythag and Kary?
you mean i presented a case on you, expounded on points on what implicates you as scum, and had to deal with the trainwreck taking center stage throughout the Day? does my play yesterDay or before you joined the game just not exist?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
What are your scum reads?
Town leans:
Ranmaru - Don't think he'd fake the AtE and quit the game, has generally been scumhunting and productive
Utopian - For already stated reasons of seeing my old playstyle in him, plus similar feelings as my Ran read
Ryker - Active, engages players, and his reaction to Utopian's claim seemed genuine.
Tom - Has been scum hunting while also showing his work, leaving a clear paper trail. Is open about his opinions and hasn't been hiding things. Has been giving genuinely solid advice to town and constructive criticism.

Scum leans / can go, ordered:
Rockin - For previously stated reasons.
JeXs/his replacement - A few things haven't sat quite right on a reread of this slot, and I'd enjoy a wagon/pressure here.
FF, Nabe - Inactive and unproductive, I'd vastly prefer FF as the choice between the two since at least he made some content D1.
Pythag - The Doop/Pythag interactions still feel a bit off, more of a gut feeling here. This read is less strong than the above 4.

All else are Null or being decided on.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
you mean i presented a case on you, expounded on points on what implicates you as scum, and had to deal with the trainwreck taking center stage throughout the Day? does my play yesterDay or before you joined the game just not exist?
Nah I just think you're tunneling a bit toDay and would like to see your thoughts on other slots too, besides mine and Utopian v Ryker. Again, what are your current thoughts on Rockin, Pythag, and Kary? Heck let's throw in JeXs/replacement for good measure.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i mean **** honestly if youve read the ****ing thread toDay you should have a good idea where my stances are at. aint that right Tom Tom
uhhh yeah i think so

specifically relating to the question Lore asked you,

i think its clear you find Pythag to be okay based on your posts Day 2. you at least do not think that kary bussed doop, or you asked ran to explain that assumption when ran pushed you on his kary read. couldn't accurately portray your rockin read but it seems to be scumpool

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
uhhh yeah i think so

specifically relating to the question Lore asked you,

i think its clear you find Pythag to be okay based on your posts Day 2. you at least do not think that kary bussed doop, or you asked ran to explain that assumption when ran pushed you on his kary read. couldn't accurately portray your rockin read but it seems to be scumpool
Maybe but I'd still appreciate him saying it instead of someone else.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
sure, and im always hesitant to speak for someone else, hence the 'uhhhh,' but i do think it is disingenuous of you to say he has only expressed opinions about you and not other players. specifically you ask about one player who he has already voiced an opinion on.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac i know im getting shady looks from yall but if theres anything you'd like to ask me, it will probably prompt some re-read/work on my part but just shoot. it'd be worth it only to have my opinions out there.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
(Also I still want to know what you don't like about my play-style personally)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
man ok. first its nothing personal and i hope what i said hasn't stuck with you or anything. your playstyle is very active. that's great for the overall health of any game you're in. however when i first reacted to your huge post - which was a post about nothing, literally - i was worried you were going to be making huge posts all game about stuff i dont find important. which i would have to read.

your playstyle seems to be like an incredibly aggressive game of pin the tail on the donkey.

#HBC | Gorf

no i am doing this as a small means of demonstrating that your go to method of play is to pick at something that looks bad on the surface level (my lack of cooperation with you, poyzin's "tone" and "defensive responses" etc) to justify content and look like youre scumhunting (saying im tunneling and only focusing on a couple of things, when thats a misrepresentation of my play). youre sitting at a null read on me right now despite the fact that the reasons youre townreading tom even moreso apply to me. this gives you the ability to pivot me into a scumread. and since townies have bad reads too, this can look okay because "hey at least hes trying to develop reads, right?"

your lens has naturally been too narrow too consistently, and THAT'S scummy. your rationale for your scumreads arent good either tbh but idgaf about touching on those atm

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
take for instance your day 1 push against marshy. it was full of detailed analysis and aggressive connections and pretty much everyone (marshy included) seemed to look at it and say "wow thats ranmaru alright"

#HBC | Gorf

also, when tom gave his notes on players in his town and scum pool, i told tom that his can die pool was solid aside from possibly spak. that list was lore, ff, jtb, rockin, and spak. i also was scumreading ff, jtb, and rockin by the end of the Day yesterDay, and have yet to make any sort of vocalization about my change of thought. it doesnt take a ****ing rocket scientist to discern where my head is at. if youre trying to scumhunt.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
no i am doing this as a small means of demonstrating that your go to method of play is to pick at something that looks bad on the surface level (my lack of cooperation with you, poyzin's "tone" and "defensive responses" etc) to justify content and look like youre scumhunting (saying im tunneling and only focusing on a couple of things, when thats a misrepresentation of my play). youre sitting at a null read on me right now despite the fact that the reasons youre townreading tom even moreso apply to me. this gives you the ability to pivot me into a scumread. and since townies have bad reads too, this can look okay because "hey at least hes trying to develop reads, right?"

your lens has naturally been too narrow too consistently, and THAT'S scummy. your rationale for your scumreads arent good either tbh but idgaf about touching on those atm
I'll respond to the rest in a minute, but is there any way you can capitalize stuff and not have giant blocks of text instead of paragraphs? It's difficult to read and all blends together.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
also, when tom gave his notes on players in his town and scum pool, i told tom that his can die pool was solid aside from possibly spak. that list was lore, ff, jtb, rockin, and spak. i also was scumreading ff, jtb, and rockin by the end of the Day yesterDay, and have yet to make any sort of vocalization about my change of thought. it doesnt take a ****ing rocket scientist to discern where my head is at. if youre trying to scumhunt.
Wait so instead of simply restating it in a convenient all in one place, you're wanting me to dig through and piece it all together from implications and your agreements on a few posts? All just to figure out what your simple reads are? Not even scumhunting, just figuring out reads?

Jfc that's irritating. I'm literally just asking you to clearly state what your reads are, especially after the cluster**** of today.

#HBC | Gorf

Wait so instead of simply restating it in a convenient all in one place, you're wanting me to dig through and piece it all together from implications and your agreements on a few posts? All just to figure out what your simple reads are? Not even scumhunting, just figuring out reads?

Jfc that's irritating. I'm literally just asking you to clearly state what your reads are, especially after the cluster**** of today.
no im wanting you to scumhunt and track players that you have piqued interests in. in most circumstances sure id give you my readslist but i preferred exposing the fact that you 1) dont really read the thread with townie intention (if im null in your book, you should be interested in what im saying and have an idea of where my heads at. if i hadnt addressed it, then the question would be valid) and 2) prefer assigning surface level tells when you feel like the onus is on you to make a read.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
no im wanting you to scumhunt and track players that you have piqued interests in. in most circumstances sure id give you my readslist but i preferred exposing the fact that you 1) dont really read the thread with townie intention (if im null in your book, you should be interested in what im saying and have an idea of where my heads at. if i hadnt addressed it, then the question would be valid) and 2) prefer assigning surface level tells when you feel like the onus is on you to make a read.
Why yes, my tunneling of Utopian, my vote and detailed reasoning for Rockin, and my strong reads of Ryker and Ranmaru are all surface level. I also only had surface level interaction with Ryker where he was more or less screaming at me from how involved the conversation was. /s

I'm interested in what you're saying, that's why I'm asking what your reads are.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 12:48 PM 6/18 Edition

Lore (2): Gorf, Ryker
Utopian (1): Kary,
Rockin (4): Ranmaru, Lore, Pythag, Tom
JTB(1): Mac

Not Voting(6): Spak, Nabe, FrozenFlame, Rockin, JTB, Utopian Poyzin

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
JTB, I want to see those notes, and full reads from you. If you're not caught up, catch up first and then post your conclusions.
I'll be real with you, this game has been incredibly difficult to keep up with and trying to gather reads by re-reading with how much I tend to overanalyze stuff takes so much time. Let's compromise, ask me for my reads on specific slots instead of the entire game while I ask questions to recent posts and I'll oblige to that.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Town leans:
Ranmaru - Don't think he'd fake the AtE and quit the game, has generally been scumhunting and productive
Utopian - For already stated reasons of seeing my old playstyle in him, plus similar feelings as my Ran read
Ryker - Active, engages players, and his reaction to Utopian's claim seemed genuine.
Tom - Has been scum hunting while also showing his work, leaving a clear paper trail. Is open about his opinions and hasn't been hiding things. Has been giving genuinely solid advice to town and constructive criticism.

Scum leans / can go, ordered:
Rockin - For previously stated reasons.
JeXs/his replacement - A few things haven't sat quite right on a reread of this slot, and I'd enjoy a wagon/pressure here.
FF, Nabe - Inactive and unproductive, I'd vastly prefer FF as the choice between the two since at least he made some content D1.
Pythag - The Doop/Pythag interactions still feel a bit off, more of a gut feeling here. This read is less strong than the above 4.

All else are Null or being decided on.
You previous speculated on Doops/Utopian/Rockin/Pythag being the scum team by connections in your #1402, but now have Uto as town because of his tracker gambit. Did your switch on Uto not have any impact on your Rockin/Pythag reads?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
You previous speculated on Doops/Utopian/Rockin/Pythag being the scum team by connections in your #1402, but now have Uto as town because of his tracker gambit. Did your switch on Uto not have any impact on your Rockin/Pythag reads?
I had already been starting to soften on Utopian before/around the start of the gambit.

The web of connections mostly fell apart after that, but I have Rockin as a scum lean for previously stated reasons that are outside the Utopian connection. Pythag I still have a weird gut feeling on, based on how Doop focused hard on Pythag. However, Pythag is very much at the bottom of my "can go" list.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ugh. God damnit UP.

also I can feel the smile thanos snapped from Tom LOOOOOOL

Rockin, why did you keep your vote on JTB?
Because I wasn't sure if Doop was really going to be the play or not. We had a day and a half till deadline, and the votes were slowly piling up. I saw Doop finally post and put a vote on himself. I didn't want to vote that time (because I was unsure if we were going to wait for another replacement or if we're going to end the game, because that was a thing that came up). Once I saw the hammer I went 'welp.'

Ranmaru is doing the exact thing he did with Tom. Waiting for someone to disagree/have a negative reaction to tom, begins to build cases out of thin air and spare random parts, and then aggressively asks other people to hear their thoughts so they can build into it as well. I'm sure like one or two of those reasons are justified, but they were never brought into light until I made this post . Even with the whole UP vs Ryker thing going on, he was tunneling in on asking others for their input on his 'case.' in D1, there was certainly enough time, even when Gorf and Macman stated their issues with me. Neither of those times Ranmaru jumped in on that opportunity to join their case, or even brought back up the fact that I didn't answer his question D1. Ranmaru thought that I was town even in D1 (though I disagreed with the logic behind it).

Admit it Ranmaru. Before that post I made even surfaced, did you really thought I was scum at all?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Gorf has clearly outlined other concerns in the thread. He's the one who originally got me looking at FF.

#HBC | Gorf

Why yes, my tunneling of Utopian, my vote and detailed reasoning for Rockin, and my strong reads of Ryker and Ranmaru are all surface level. I also only had surface level interaction with Ryker where he was more or less screaming at me from how involved the conversation was. /s
1) your tunneling of utopian was like completely predicated on surface level scumhunting, yea. i dont see what youre trying to say here

2) your rockin progression for the Day seems to be as follows:

-you loosely connect rockin to your doop + poyzin + pythag team, but having zero real read on him outside of that. then put your rockin reread on the backburner because of how contingent it is on doop + poyzin + pythag
-you post this:

Thanks for the Rockin analysis.

With your Breakdown, Rockin reads like an inactive player who was flip flopping around while they were catching up / stalling for time to do so. The flip-flop vote to JTB seems consistent with someone who doesn't know the vote total or the actual game state itself, instead popping in for a hot take, realizing there might be more from someone else, then changes vote after that.

It's weird for sure, but I'm not sure where I'm leaning on it. The lack of swapping from JTB, though, is the weirdest bit of behavior. Has Rockin already been asked why he didn't swap?
which is a surface level analysis of rockins play with the conclusion of him being "weird" but uncertain with where youre leaning

Wait he has him as null here but still has his vote on him, despite having others as scum reads.

Rockin, why did you keep your vote on JTB?
and picking out rockin keeping his vote on jtb, which again, not really impressive analysis. i guess its something tho

-your rockin vote at 1660 with the above being your only mention of "detailed reasoning" (feel free to correct me if im wrong)
-ragevote poyzin and then revote rockin

and thats it. rockins a ****in easy slot to ping anyway, and everything youve brought to the table doesnt have much weight

3) ryker and ran reads are incredibly easy to make and far from unique

so yes i can confidently say that your content has overall been extremely surface level based

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rockin Rockin I didn't have a scum read on you originally, my read on you progressed as I asked you questions and more concerns came up. My scumread on you started to stem from #1627, which is after I have asked you questions and your responses were not satisfactory.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac i know im getting shady looks from yall but if theres anything you'd like to ask me, it will probably prompt some re-read/work on my part but just shoot. it'd be worth it only to have my opinions out there.
I have a decent idea where you're looking right now, but order it for me.

What's the top three look like in order of priority.

I have seen your explanation and I can understand the explanations that you can give when asked, so I'm not gonna bother dancing around WIFOM with why on our confrontation today. I think your reaction to my slot around that UP fake claim is a terrible look.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also had a scum read on Kary, who I town read, but note that I also questioned him because he had some questionable parts of his play. Yet Gorf explained to me that Kary wasn't likely scum due to his placement on the wagon, and I agreed with him. Then I re-evaluated.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
take for instance your day 1 push against marshy. it was full of detailed analysis and aggressive connections and pretty much everyone (marshy included) seemed to look at it and say "wow thats ranmaru alright"
To compound on this, this is why I aggressively sought to rectify the situation between you and I this phase before everything exploded. You can be a right ******* to play with in a game where you set your mind on a scummer. You can have a great deal of positive effect when you're working with me and you are absolutely obnoxious to deal with when you've decided that I'm a bad guy and shouldn't be trusted.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also think you aren't fully looking at my slot because I've also done much more analysis than just looking at those who seem to disagree with me or have negative things to say about me. My problem with Kary was he dropped his Ryker case. That certainly doesn't fit in your criteria of people who are saying negative things about me or disagreeing with me. So Rockin, who's scum to you today?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ugh. God damnit UP.

also I can feel the smile thanos snapped from Tom LOOOOOOL

Because I wasn't sure if Doop was really going to be the play or not. We had a day and a half till deadline, and the votes were slowly piling up. I saw Doop finally post and put a vote on himself. I didn't want to vote that time (because I was unsure if we were going to wait for another replacement or if we're going to end the game, because that was a thing that came up). Once I saw the hammer I went 'welp.'

Ranmaru is doing the exact thing he did with Tom. Waiting for someone to disagree/have a negative reaction to tom, begins to build cases out of thin air and spare random parts, and then aggressively asks other people to hear their thoughts so they can build into it as well. I'm sure like one or two of those reasons are justified, but they were never brought into light until I made this post . Even with the whole UP vs Ryker thing going on, he was tunneling in on asking others for their input on his 'case.' in D1, there was certainly enough time, even when Gorf and Macman stated their issues with me. Neither of those times Ranmaru jumped in on that opportunity to join their case, or even brought back up the fact that I didn't answer his question D1. Ranmaru thought that I was town even in D1 (though I disagreed with the logic behind it).

Admit it Ranmaru. Before that post I made even surfaced, did you really thought I was scum at all?
Does that make Ran scum in your eyes at this point?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Note, Kary I also don't hate Kary despite the positioning in the UP debacle. Kary's just kind of a massive ****.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm fine with any of Rockin, Lore, or FF going today. I think all three are a good look for the noose.

I probably want Tom hanged if he makes it to LyLo, but I think there are more pressing concerns right now.

Top Bottom