• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I dont care about the fact you decided to gamble, but you do have to hold that L when people are angry about it. When you make a decision like that (and from a position of experience I recommend you do not) you still need to take your licks if it turns sour instead of bailing.

I will gladly call you a moron, Mac a horse's ass, and Ran all manner of things, but I am not going to carry beef outside of the game. Inside of the game, however, man up.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Get back in here. I know Ryker has made similar decisions like that, and so have I. We all are tempted into making gambits. Dgames has a history of gambits. Kary was too harsh.
Kary is usually right.

/in

I fail to see what negative we got out of that. No new information was outed, however I have a stronger town read on ryker now. Still can't guarantee anything because ryker is experienced with getting out of situations like that, but that means that I can rule out one of my hypothetical scumteams. Like I said, Ryker was either town, or so hard town that it seems scummy. I wanted to rule out the latter. This whole game, I'd been attaching myself to Ryker's ideologies on how to play mafia, and I hoped that by staying on his nice side, as I was d1, I would get a more genuine reaction out of him. If this makes me a lynch target, ngl thats kinda dumb, but whatever, because I do deserve it for playing too brash.

I also was trying to fetch an overreaction, and you all delivered on that front. I was just surprised how little my reads developed, I thought there was going to be more arguments that I could look into. I even got a fair amount of heat myself, which caught me off guard for a bit but still acceptible.

If you're gonna read a post, read this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Basically, you have to take responsibility. Do so by doing your best to make up for it. I want you to do that analysis you promised. Start with that.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I dont care about the fact you decided to gamble, but you do have to hold that L when people are angry about it. When you make a decision like that (and from a position of experience I recommend you do not) you still need to take your licks if it turns sour instead of bailing.

I will gladly call you a moron, Mac a horse's ***, and Ran all manner of things, but I am not going to carry beef outside of the game. Inside of the game, however, man up.
Fair.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
UP do you at least get why that wasn't the best play?

ryker can you comment on my Tom post when you have a chance?

hm also just gonna throw this out there lol, is there any chance that this was a coordinated scumplay between Ryker and UP to phish for PRs? though if i were them i'd wait for real CCs and PR claims before pulling back on it

vote: JTB

ever since this slots wagon d1 he's just been MIA. never addressed any of the concerns around his wagon. like we can all agree that's scummy right?

the only thing that even remotely helps this slot is the competing nature of the doop / jtb wagons

fos: Rockin i like this direction as well, Ran

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe where yall at

also wtf is Maven still in this game???

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's the nature of gambits. They promise so much, but give so little in return but people using that to lynch you. I also want you to look at my #1628 and tell me what you think of that.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I fail to see what negative we got out of that. No new information was outed, however I have a stronger town read on ryker now. Still can't guarantee anything because ryker is experienced with getting out of situations like that, but that means that I can rule out one of my hypothetical scumteams. Like I said, Ryker was either town, or so hard town that it seems scummy. I wanted to rule out the latter. This whole game, I'd been attaching myself to Ryker's ideologies on how to play mafia, and I hoped that by staying on his nice side, as I was d1, I would get a more genuine reaction out of him. If this makes me a lynch target, ngl thats kinda dumb, but whatever, because I do deserve it for playing too brash.
uhh a ton of new info was outed

assuming yall both are town, at the bare minimum 2 roles were outed. and that's at bare minimum. I would say that a couple of other roles have been outed now too and I'm thinking that mafia probably has a good sense of who might have PRs now

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
JTB does need to post, he did say he had notes before I voted Marshy. Much time has passed since then.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy cow. What a SPICY conversation.

I’m gonna put a big ol’ fos Kary Cause of their interaction in that.

Kary has been well thought out and reasoned.
I know Kary didn’t think Ryker was town but man alive, you didn’t even want to wait for UP

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag Pythag Can I get a vote on Rockin, since you say you agree with me? I'm also curious what makes you want to disagree with me. (More on a personal note really)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Prod received, I'll be here for a few hours this afternoon before I get sucked into playing Bloodstained and doing nothing else

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
assuming yall both are town, at the bare minimum 2 roles were outed. and that's at bare minimum. I would say that a couple of other roles have been outed now too and I'm thinking that mafia probably has a good sense of who might have PRs now
that's the key word. I can't guarantee that I'm town because I have no way to prove it. Scum already knows who all of the town is, and there is no way of knowing whether or not Ryker has a power role or not.

I'm town. Anybody here would say the same unless they wanted to claim scum. That is why I don't believe any new info was outed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Technically you both claimed VT, and now scum can use process of elimination to have a better guess of who might be what power role depending on their reaction. Let's actually focus on scum hunting now, any more about this isn't really helping. Talk to me about my Rockin, UP.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
vote: JTB

ever since this slots wagon d1 he's just been MIA. never addressed any of the concerns around his wagon. like we can all agree that's scummy right?

the only thing that even remotely helps this slot is the competing nature of the doop / jtb wagons
What makes a vote on me, an inactive slot, more valuable than anyone else that has been here toDay? Has nothing happened yet toDay that your only read is still me as scum?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Technically you both claimed VT, and now scum can use process of elimination to have a better guess of who might be what power role depending on their reaction. Let's actually focus on scum hunting now, any more about this isn't really helping. Talk to me about my Rockin, UP.
Unless one was a mafia JOAT and used their godfather ability last night. Then they could claim VT all they wanted and know that no one is going to call them on it.

Ran, I see the case on Rockin, why do you think it's more condemning than FF?
Do you find one scummy and not the other?
If not, do you think both are scum?

On the personal level, I thought a large majority of your reads were wrong during D1, and thought you took things painfully literally. D2 you posted like someone with authority, ("Pythag I need you voting") and it rubbed me the wrong way. It is EASIER for me to want to write you off as still being off base or wrong. I'm trying not do that, because I actually think we're on the same side rn

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do, I find Rockin much more suspicious. He's flip flopping with his vote on Doop and when it actually counts, he isn't on Doop at the end of the day. Plus, Lore caught this, he had JTB as null in the same page. He's voting JTB, who he's finally null on (I know he has talked about agreeing with FF before) Yet he doesn't change his vote to Doop once he sees a wagon grow. That's scum to me.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Unvote

Hopefully most of you aren't too shellshocked. I'm a vanilla townie. Next post i will evaluate my new hypothetical scum team, as my Ryker!scum team can be crossed out. Unless this is all just WIFOM and Ryker is actually scum, however I can't endorse that as of now. Unless there was fishy ****, then I'll have to scrap my entire list of scum reads once again and start from scratch.
I'm reading backwards through this thread and I'm assuming there was a gamble that occurred, but am I wrong in reading this paragraph as you gained nothing from it or you are just going to ignore the possibility of scumRyker in favor of your gut?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually feel we shouldn't really be trying to read into it. I say we try to remember the actions around Doop.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
did he not? what i mean is that he did not wait until late in the day for wagons/having to claim and definitely didn't wait until day 3. Day started on Monday and he claimed that same day. am i mischaracterizing this?
yea but he didnt shout out his bingo as soon as the Day started sooooo

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Right now, I'm just waiting here to see what Ryker got to say in regards of all of this.
Ryker has said plenty, and UP just revealed it was a gambit. I want you in here. Who do you believe is scum, and I want a vote from you.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I do, I find Rockin much more suspicious. He's flip flopping with his vote on Doop and when it actually counts, he isn't on Doop at the end of the day. Plus, Lore caught this, he had JTB as null in the same page. He's voting JTB, who he's finally null on (I know he has talked about agreeing with FF before) Yet he doesn't change his vote to Doop once he sees a wagon grow. That's scum to me.
Interesting.

I mean, it gives Rockin and FF the same scum read on JTB, which is...as far as I can tell, nothing. 1-1
but Rockin is avoiding the doop vote, while finding doop scummy 2-1

IHHHMMMMmMmmmmmmmmmmmmok.

unvote Vote : Rockin

#HBC | Gorf

Okay so this was not actually planned on my end for this who gambit to turn out as **** as it did.

I'm not actually tracker, but am a VT. I had two completely diffetent hypothetical scum teams that completely were reliant on whether Ryker was scum or not. Town!Ryker would have said that they didn't do anything, while a scum!Ryker would have called BS on my claim and outed it as a gambit. My read on Ryker was either hard town or hard scum, and i couldn't decide whether Ryker was actually trying to help town, or whether it was all a façade. So, I wanted to get a reaction and see how it ended up. If I can't make proper reads, I would rather take risky plays and get more confidence in my reads. I said earlier that it was a stupid play, but I'm not that much use to town in the area of scumhunting. Hopefully this helped. There are 3 possible combinations that involve the Innocent Child: one has a tracker, and the other two don't. Nobody in their right mind would counterclaim on D2 unless they like being NKed. So, if there still is no consensus about what the setup is as of now, then no combination is any more likely to VTs, as the power roles already know I was BSing. Will look back to find fishy reactions to the play, i.e. not trusting it, overtrusting it. After all, who the **** would claim Tracker and not post the result, unless they aren't tracker.

Unvote

Hopefully most of you aren't too shellshocked. I'm a vanilla townie. Next post i will evaluate my new hypothetical scum team, as my Ryker!scum team can be crossed out. Unless this is all just WIFOM and Ryker is actually scum, however I can't endorse that as of now. Unless there was fishy ****, then I'll have to scrap my entire list of scum reads once again and start from scratch.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i told you this **** was a ****ing trainwreck

poyzin vote lore plz and ty :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yea but he didnt shout out his bingo as soon as the Day started sooooo
you're right. obviously in hindsight i can see this train of thought you had (obviously ryker had it too LOL) was correct bc of this gambit. i didn't feel that. i started out 100% on the claim and lynching Ryker, even started to re-read with scum!Ryker in mind. i maybe got to 99% lynching Ryker before the UP reveal.

#HBC | Gorf

Give me a good reason and I'll consider it. I only wanted a simple reaction from ryker but I let it stagnate for hours so people got overly anxious into an overreaction. Also I'll be ignoring any and all posts directed towards me about the play itself because I honestly couldn't give three and a half more ****s
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Get back in here. I know Ryker has made similar decisions like that, and so have I. We all are tempted into making gambits. Dgames has a history of gambits. Kary was too harsh.
yea all things considered ive seen way worse ****. ryker literally dayvigged the town innocent child back in the day lol. that plays was ludicrous but i mean fwiw you basically softcleared yourself as town so thats chill

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Nah you've just been kinda focused on me, plus the Utopian gambit.

What are your thoughts on Rockin? Heck, what about Pythag and Kary?
What are your scum reads?

Top Bottom