• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
For my money tho Xivii has the best Avatar cuz his is The Last Airbender

EDIT:
Ooooooo how far? I've been really enjoying it so far, I think writing is good, the game is pretty, and the puzzles in it are challenging but fair, but the combat is leaving a little to be desired, and maybe i just need more TP. I'm in chapter 5 currently.

Playing the game is making me want to play Paper Mario 64 again. Maybe I'll play through it after this.
SORRY didn't mean to ignore this. I'm on Chapter 3.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The instant I uploaded my last profile pic, he messaged me on discord about it. I'm talking less than half a second. I think he has some profile pic detector or something.
Wow I guess he really doesn't like my current avatar. ;)

1. Meryl (wait is this one of the missing ones? Didn't you have another Meryl ava?)
2. Dr Who girl
3. Third from the right on the bottom {EMBER from EXAPUNKS}
4. Kpop girl second from right on bottom {김청하 aka Chungha}
5. Simon
Wow, I completely forgot about that lol. Gosh what was wrong with me.
Uh oh. Xivii might be in the lead for recalling an avatar even I don't remember. I know I thought about a Meryl avatar but idk if I used one outside of Sons of Hardbody Sons of Hardbody

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I actually just went through them for the first time really. I like the look of Sugilite the most as well.

In my opinion,

S
exy Tier: Sugilite, Onyx, Project M
Awesome Tier: Cobalt, Garnet, Malachite, Amethyst
Beloved Tier: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Common Tier: Dark
Definitely can't see Tier: Tourmaline
F'n ugly Tier: Topaz, Smashboards

I personally like Sugilite, Onyx, and Malachite.
huh

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I honestly don't know what I'll do if maven switches to an avatar that isn't a judgey stare from reboot.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 10.47.00 AM.png

I love players that will replace in, but It seems like so much more work than just playing the game in the first place!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've been that dude that always says no to the replace request but I'm trying to support each mod with my time when I can. Yet I also try to play in one game at at time, and I need to take breaks in between. I respect y'all for replacing in! Also I love that meme, thanks Pythag. You are now our meme guy.

Last edited:

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I've been that dude that always says no to the replace request but I'm trying to support each mod with my time when I can. Yet I also try to play in one game at at time, and I need to take breaks in between. I respect y'all for replacing in! Also I love that meme, thanks Pythag. You are now our meme guy.
ranmaru ranmaru go answer the interview questions!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
omg I forgot i'm so sorrrryy ok imma focus on that tonite

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Uh oh. Xivii might be in the lead for recalling an avatar even I don't remember. I know I thought about a Meryl avatar but idk if I used one outside of Sons of Hardbody Sons of Hardbody Sons of Hardbody Sons of Hardbody
This, or something similar was the image that I was thinking of.
It may have been someone else that used it or maybe I fused the image of Ember with the style of the Sons of Hardbody avatar somehow. Whatever the case, "Kary" seems to be included in my gestalt of this image.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
It may have been someone else that used it or maybe I fused the image of Ember with the style of the Sons of Hardbody avatar somehow. Whatever the case, "Kary" seems to be included in my gestalt of this image.
ooh, yeah, I remember thinking that one looked like Metal Gear Solid artwork

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This, or something similar was the image that I was thinking of. It may have been someone else that used it or maybe I fused the image of Ember with the style of the Sons of Hardbody avatar somehow. Whatever the case, "Kary" seems to be included in my gestalt of this image.
I'm pretty confident I never used that image. But I think I might have used this one; I found a copy of it on my imgur which suggests I did use it on smashboards for something. Might be using it now just to straighten out the canon once and for all.

P.S. also used this one as a hydra

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I say no, don't cancel. There are 10 people already signed up. Just wait patiently.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would have signed up UP but I’m literally on the road for the next 10 days and didn’t want to be an inactive player

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I mean, if nobody really likes the setup I have up, I’ll take it down and let someone else host. I originally postponed it from last year, but if it’s not fun then I can just cancel it.
I doubt it has anything to do with that. There's a natural cool-down phase in small communities.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I say no, don't cancel. There are 10 people already signed up. Just wait patiently.
Patience wasn’t the issue, the game itself is. The signups can be copied over to a new game I’d think. If people don’t want to play the game in its current state, then the solution is to play a different game.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Patience wasn’t the issue, the game itself is. The signups can be copied over to a new game I’d think. If people don’t want to play the game in its current state, then the solution is to play a different game.
No one said they didn't want to play the game. You're good, keep it up. People are busy, and will join once they get the chance. You have 10 out of 13, I'm betting it'll fill this week. So leave it up.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I mean, if nobody really likes the setup I have up, I’ll take it down and let someone else host. I originally postponed it from last year, but if it’s not fun then I can just cancel it.
I think the setup is okay. I would prefer a setup with less power roles, and I think randomizing things in a semi-open can make for a very one-sided game.
So I don't love the setup enough that it makes me want to join, but on the other hand I don't hate it so much that I would never join. I'm ambivalent about it.
But my decision as to whether or not I will join is based on many factors, such as how busy I am in real life, who else has joined the game, and other things that you as a host cannot control or affect. It's not a criticism of you or the setup that it hasn't filled yet. The issue, if there is one, is that the playerbase is just not large enough or active enough to fill games regularly.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I wanted to answer Bad Apple or One Winged Angel for pretty much everything... I clearly play video games.

Maven89

Smash Master
My plane got redirected due to rain, so instead of landing in Dallas at 8:30pm I landed in San Antonio and was told the plane would leave for Dallas at 11:30am. Instead I hitched a ride with some guy on my flight who rented a car to just drive the four hours. Turns out this guy is a badass whose job is to rescue teenagers kidnapped for sex trafficking. He looks like old Bruce Campbell too.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I have a habit of skimming through posts before actually reading them. I read "I hitched a ride" and "sex trafficking" and panicked there for a bit.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
#HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse what is your avatar?

Edit: Also I just searched for the book mentioned in that personality article, "The End of Average," and apparently the author has another book titled "Dark Horse." Trippy

Last edited:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
It’s the album cover for Westside Gunn’s pray for Paris which is a modified version of one of Caravaggio’s David Holding The Head of Goliath. Fair warning the full picture is definitley something I couldn’t use as an avatar on here

I’m so happy I thought the phrase “Dark Horse” sounded cool when I signed up here otherwise I shudder to think what other name 6th grade me would’ve come up with

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
It’s funny how EE’s personality makes you not think about his username that way. It’s like how “The Beatles” is a terrible band name

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sometimes you wonder if its possible for you to be truly happy.
Not if it's possible to be truly happy, period. I know that's a thing, I've been there temporarily.
But just. In the now. Is it possible for you specifically to be truly happy?

I recall 10 years ago when I would frequent these forums. Life was simpler then, I would go to school, usually skip some classes, head home, play some mafia. Mom would cook dinner, it would almost always be fine, but not quite delicious. Ohwell. Play some Smash in the weekends. Play some other games during the week.

I stopped mafia because I started college. I graduated at quite a prestigious university, but who cares about that now? It was a lot of work. 60 hour weeks were not rare. Out of the 60+ people who started in my year, I'm one of the only 7 who graduated in the minimum time of 4 years. But still. Life was good. I was studying, learning, and focused on what I thought I wanted.
In the fourth year of my education something dawned on me. Through being busy all the time I never stopped to realize what I wanted. In my fourth year, I started playing Smash again... and it was so much fun. I had control. It was me who decided what was good enough, how much time to put in, and it let me measure directly to others. Of course, against better judgement I also did this during university, but it's different, in a sense.
This made me pause. What do I want to do?

Now I'm graduated and I've been working for about 4 years already. Crazy.
It sucks guys. Working is hands down the worst thing that ever happened to me. I work a 32 hour work week, so I even work less than average.

I feel like since I've started work, I haven't found true happiness. Even meeting the girl of my dreams. Even reaching my goals within Smash. Even spending days doing only what I want. Spending money on hedonistic pleasures. It's not there.

The fact that I'm required to sacrifice the better half of a week for literally zero emotional or personal gain (only financial) will always haunt me. The worst thing is, as much as I try to rationalize it as a choice (I want a roof above my head, obviously) I just can't shake the feeling that it's not a choice. Work has stolen control.

It's ****ing weird when you pause and realize that what you thought you wanted isn't what you want. It's a wake-up call. I imagine many others go through the same path I do, but never have that pause. They just keep doing what the system pushes them to do, and live a life of smoke and mirrors. Sometimes I wonder which I would prefer, myself.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
It’s the album cover for Westside Gunn’s pray for Paris which is a modified version of one of Caravaggio’s David Holding The Head of Goliath. Fair warning the full picture is definitley something I couldn’t use as an avatar on here

I’m so happy I thought the phrase “Dark Horse” sounded cool when I signed up here otherwise I shudder to think what other name 6th grade me would’ve come up with
One of the luckiest things that happened to me in high school was that I ended up with a nickname I actually liked. And rather than come up with anything "cool", I just used that for usernames (although I used to spell it with y's, because that was a big fad back then). As an added bonus, it's not a "word" in any language I speak, so it's usually not taken.

Top Bottom