• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I really hate the government's response to the majority of the protests so far. Also hate how many people on my social feeds feel the need to turn this into an all lives matter moment.

Also I use malachite because it's the best, but when there's special holiday themes I tend to use those too.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i used sapphire. itd b nice if they had the dark black that malachite has in place of the very dark gray sapphire has

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Has anyone watched the earliest show? It’s a six episode series where Ben Schwartz and Lauren Lapkus are morning show hosts, in the first episode Ben’s character proposes to his girlfriend, she says no and the rest of the show is him going through the five stages of grief while still hosting a morning show. They also uploaded an hour long blooper and outtake reel that’s also hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRcB4n4CGcy_Vhk2IL5zsV-l7s-GSICpp

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
i used sapphire. itd b nice if they had the dark black that malachite has in place of the very dark gray sapphire has
As usual, Steven Universe is the first thing I think of when I see the names of some gemstones. I guess that's bound to happen if you don't know squat about gemstones.
Oh, and Emerald I guess.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Taco Bell Sauce Tier List

S - Verde
A - Hot
B - Mild
C - Roasted Tomato
D - Fire
E - Diablo

I could maybe see Fire and Roasted Tomato switching.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I don't know it's name but the sauce on the quesadilla is my favorite.

What games is everyone playing recently? I've been alternating between Bug Fables, Xenoblade DE, and Indivisible this past week,

Also the cool part about using Malachite is that the grimer's usernames are the same color as normal users so no one gets to be special.

Last edited:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also the cool part about using Malachite is that the grimer's usernames are the same color as normal users so no one gets to be special.
I didn't even know about themes until like a year ago. I'm on sapphire now, but I used the default for foreeeeever

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What games is everyone playing recently? I've been alternating between Bug Fables, Xenoblade DE, and Indivisible this past week,
Recently dropped Animal Crossing: New Horizons after 250 hours. (~3 weeks ago).
Played Ori and the Blind Forest to 100% completion.
Just started Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling.

This is unacceptable, I'll be disabling this style immediately :mad088:

In other news, does the spelling of "Maifa" in osieorb's game bother anybody else? It's clearly intentional but MY BRAIN :mad:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I used default until a few months ago and now I don't think I can go back. Once you go chite, default aint right!

I just started Ori and the Blind Forest!

What is Taco Bell?

What happened to our gold dice!?

Maven89

Smash Master
I started Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2. I got it on sale, it’s pretty fun but I don’t think it’d be worth full price.

otherwise I generally play paradox interactive/total war games.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have been playing Yss III Lacrimosa of Dana.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hello Kary I see that your avatar is missing the lemon you used as an avatar.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
This is correct. But this is my 42nd avatar on this website. So I couldn't fit them all into a 6x6 grid. But can you guess the OTHER 4 avatars that were left out?
I thought I had actually been hanging around DGamesia for a while. But I only recognize the last 10 avatars in the compilation, which puzzles me. I could swear there were more!! I guess two years isn't really that long of a time (it feels longer!)

But I'm still going to guess that one of those four missing avatars would be somewhere in there, one of the more recent ones.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I thought I had actually been hanging around DGamesia for a while. But I only recognize the last 10 avatars in the compilation, which puzzles me. I could swear there were more!! I guess two years isn't really that long of a time (it feels longer!)

But I'm still going to guess that one of those four missing avatars would be somewhere in there, one of the more recent ones.
I mean between 8 years and 42 avatars it makes sense you would recognize about 10. But there is one that was quite recent, because it's this one, and it's also a combination avatar. And unfortunately the combination in combination was not a good combination.

I thought this might be a fun game to play, but then I challenged myself to remember Ranmaru's previous avatar... and I can't. I'm sure I would know it if I saw it, but, uh... yeah.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Even I can't remember my previous avatar right now. It should all be on my computer though. I think it might have been from True Detective. Also I can't remember the other 3 of the 4.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I think I can remember the last four I've had but any avatar before 2018.

The only avatar I can remember anyone having is when Nabe's was just the outline of boobs.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Has anyone watched the earliest show? It’s a six episode series where Ben Schwartz and Lauren Lapkus are morning show hosts, in the first episode Ben’s character proposes to his girlfriend, she says no and the rest of the show is him going through the five stages of grief while still hosting a morning show. They also uploaded an hour long blooper and outtake reel that’s also hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRcB4n4CGcy_Vhk2IL5zsV-l7s-GSICpp
This was glorious. I don't know how I hadn't heard of it before. Those two are great together, and Marc too.
As usual, Steven Universe is the first thing I think of when I see the names of some gemstones. I guess that's bound to happen if you don't know squat about gemstones.
Oh, and Emerald I guess.
Same. That show actually got me pretty interested in gemstones. I need to catch up. I think the last episode I watched was R&S's wedding.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tried to change my avatar back in like 2009 but I remember that was met with resistance, so I just changed it back.
Now I feel some sort of obligation to keep this avatar because it was super OG smashboards

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I tried to change my avatar back in like 2009 but I remember that was met with resistance, so I just changed it back.
Now I feel some sort of obligation to keep this avatar because it was super OG smashboards
Aye, when someone has an avatar for a really long time it kind of merges with people's perception of them.
Pokechu is definitely Snoopy, Pythag is definitely goth shy guy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think I can remember the last four I've had but any avatar before 2018.

The only avatar I can remember anyone having is when Nabe's was just the outline of boobs.
I recall you having a Kirby avatar when I first joined, but idk if that's correct.

Do you mean the two blades of grass having an argument? (i.e. his current avatar lol)

I checked the social either yesterday or the day before and your avatar was replaced by the default 'P', I was terrified. I thought it was the end of an era.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Pretty sure it was that detective guy. Mad I didn't guess the combo avatar.
The combo avatar did not hang around for long from what I remember, so I wouldn't feel bad.

Still not sure this is fun, but here's some hints:
#10 (before karen gillan) - this avatar was part of a trend at the time. Avatars had just made the switch to larger sizes.
#16 (before the first K avatar) - this avatar was to fit the theme of a game I joined. It was a drawing of 3 people.
#26 (before yellow Rey) - this was a character from an anime who was quite angry - but I gave him a hat.
numbers represent my own record and are not guaranteed to match the order in my current avatar

The prize for the winner is that you get to choose my next avatar after this one. Terms and conditions apply.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like to have different avatars for different mafia games because avatars are important for how you are perceived, but I understand that you want to have it stay for a consistent time so people aren't confused.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I checked the social either yesterday or the day before and your avatar was replaced by the default 'P', I was terrified. I thought it was the end of an era.
that's odd, I didn't change anything.

I like to have different avatars for different mafia games because avatars are important for how you are perceived, but I understand that you want to have it stay for a consistent time so people aren't confused.
There's actually a really interesting podcast I listened to or something that talked about how people's online personas absolutely messed with your mind.
e.g. if you have a tall avatar or character, you get the benefits of being tall IRL if you meet the people from the game in person. even if you're short. I can't remember the rest though

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
karebear avy tier list:

1. k pop singer with magenta background
2. profile of lightning
3. reddish/brownish haired girl, third one up from the bottom on leftmost column
4. simon
5. blonde haired woman cupping her face, 2nd column third one up

there are others that are good (like the doctor who girl) too. i think the k pop one fits your in game persona/"voice" the most, simon if youre having fun

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
you mean the turtle face?
I recall you having a Kirby avatar when I first joined, but idk if that's correct.

Do you mean the two blades of grass having an argument? (i.e. his current avatar lol)
I don't know where the turtle face came from and I still don't see it, but yes I mean the blades of grass having an argument. Zen wrote an analysis of what each interpretation of the avatar means about you. https://smashboards.com/threads/dgames-social-v-la.243825/page-476#post-14313435 2012 GLG was much more innocent than 2020 GLG.

Maybe I had a kirby avatar, that sounds like something i would do tbh. I just remembered at one point the bottom left panel of this webcomic was my avatar at one point too: https://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03242003
The combo avatar did not hang around for long from what I remember, so I wouldn't feel bad.

Still not sure this is fun, but here's some hints:
#10 (before karen gillan) - this avatar was part of a trend at the time. Avatars had just made the switch to larger sizes.
#16 (before the first K avatar) - this avatar was to fit the theme of a game I joined. It was a drawing of 3 people.
#26 (before yellow Rey) - this was a character from an anime who was quite angry - but I gave him a hat.
numbers represent my own record and are not guaranteed to match the order in my current avatar

The prize for the winner is that you get to choose my next avatar after this one. Terms and conditions apply.
Did you participate in the Sailor Scout Trend? Or the 999 trend? I can't remember what trends happened on this forum anymore and I feel bad about it.

This was glorious. I don't know how I hadn't heard of it before. Those two are great together, and Marc too.
I'm glad you liked it! whenever I'm in an awkward situation now I just want to say that it's time for lunch, but no one's going to get the reference so I probably won't.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Just started Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling.
Ooooooo how far? I've been really enjoying it so far, I think writing is good, the game is pretty, and the puzzles in it are challenging but fair, but the combat is leaving a little to be desired, and maybe i just need more TP. I'm in chapter 5 currently.

Playing the game is making me want to play Paper Mario 64 again. Maybe I'll play through it after this.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
wait, there was a sailor scout trend? all i remember is sold2 rocking a jupiter avatar but i never heard the story. i thought he was just memeing by himself

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see a father blade of grass yelling at his son blade of grass becuase the son wants to be a poet and doesn't want to learn how to fight bears.
Thanks to GLG linking the Axel post, I remembered this. Great quote.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Edit: marshy liked this post 4 seconds after I posted it
The instant I uploaded my last profile pic, he messaged me on discord about it. I'm talking less than half a second. I think he has some profile pic detector or something.
karebear avy tier list:

1. k pop singer with magenta background
2. profile of lightning
3. reddish/brownish haired girl, third one up from the bottom on leftmost column
4. simon
5. blonde haired woman cupping her face, 2nd column third one up

there are others that are good (like the doctor who girl) too. i think the k pop one fits your in game persona/"voice" the most, simon if youre having fun
1. Meryl (wait is this one of the missing ones? Didn't you have another Meryl ava?)
2. Dr Who girl
3. Third from the right on the bottom
4. Kpop girl second from right on bottom
5. Simon
Zen wrote an analysis of what each
Wow, I completely forgot about that lol. Gosh what was wrong with me.

Top Bottom