• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I played Animal Crossing New Leaf on 3DS and that's it. Loved it though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I need a replacement for ZestofLife. Flavorless Mafia III is in Day 1, with 4 pages. Please contact Xiivi or myself if you would like to replace in.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
that's me inviting you to my animal crossing island tomorrow

*disease free!*

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Looks like I missed the boat. There's two games running now? Both in early game. I'll try to peek in and see if you guys need any replacements or a new game is starting. I'm ready to get back into some mafia. Any guess when the next games will start?

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It is the boomfrog. Welcome, it has been a while!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Been dealing with some minor corona symptoms and self-isolating appropriately. Feeling more distance from humanity than usual when I go out to the park and basically see people within a feet of each other socializing and even making out with each other. Kids and adults continue to not appropriately distance themselves. No one is wearing a mask and there is no attempt by the government to sanitize public areas. The likelihood that the public hand wash appropriately or avoid contact with their nose or throat makes me incredibly doubtful.

It's incredibly difficult to treat patients after knowing the mentality behind some of the r/o corona cases basically involves them being aware they are a vector and seemingly have the desire to infect as many other people they can within society. I wish there was a way for people to be aware of how painful it is to die from respiratory distress, before they actually die from respiratory distress. It is analogous to trying to drown yourself in a bath tub, but realizing you can't do it because drowning yourself is one of the worst ways to go. Now imagine that, but you remove the component of choice not just from yourself but also from other people who you meet on a regular basis. I don't think it's explicitly narcissism or stupidity that drives people to not be cautious, it's a mixture of both factors that make up the good old American individualist mentality to be gung-ho until you find out that someone you just happen to have met needs to be intubated. And then the thought immediately goes to, "Am I infected?" rather than "Did I infect them?"

I feel like the United States is generally terrible at preventive medicine partly because the industrial medical complex benefits more from patients who are acutely sick and require a heart transplant/pacemakers over medications over changing lifestyle/diet. Research on COVID is still continuing with regards to the viruses relationship to ACE-2 sites on adipose tissue and whether our country's issue with obesity could contribute to the ongoing severity of the disease in seemingly healthy patients. Even repurposed medications that are designed to treat other diseases, but could benefit treating symptoms of the virus are not being given for preventative or for prophylactic purposes because there is a shortage and therefore are being rationed to patients who would likely benefit the least from them with the notion that prolonging a patient on a vent is diagnostically the most relevant appropriation when basic triage would deem that these patients are unfortunately the ones who have to be let go.

The "corona curve" will probably flatten, but it will likely be because 1. we will lose interest in testing people because supplies are limited 2. boomers/people with respiratory issues will die and the population curve may normalize with the curve of the virus if testing is still done in earnest and 3. collective interest in the United States is for the curve to flatten so Americans can get back to work likely due to poor family dynamics and Wall Street wanting to see strong economic growth within a 2 month time span from now. Concepts that are all independent of the novelty of the virus itself and will do little to address either a new variant of SARS or the potential for a MERS type variant to possibly be introduced within the United States.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier I thought about you today! I typed in "fire" on my phone and it was autocorrected to "Fire" (in reference of you - the only reason I capitalize it)! Come join us in a game soon, you hear???

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Is there like an archive of all the previous april fools jokes? It's so hard to remember them for some reason. I'm 95% sure last year we were all Reggie though.

note to future self: this year we're all crash bandicoot

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Is there like an archive of all the previous april fools jokes? It's so hard to remember them for some reason. I'm 95% sure last year we were all Reggie though.

note to future self: this year we're all crash bandicoot
This page has the ones from the last 5 years: https://www.ssbwiki.com/SmashBoards#April_Fools.27_Day_gags

Doesn't have Rebecca Black Friday boards, Slowpoke World Forums, or other gags from before. I may be able to dig through admin/mod discussion threads to find older ones though.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy I don't mean to sound like a Karen or a Kevin. But who's the #HBC ring leader? I need to make an appointment with them because I want to apply to be a member of the Hard Body Crew. And don't tell me you're not accepting recruits!! I won't relent until a meeting is scheduled, with a receipt PM'd to me. Thank you for your cooperation Embarrass

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu for HBC, he won the Mafia invitational by himself
Even the forum administrators are in support of me joining the elusive #HBC gang! What a miracle :'^)

So, yeah.... if you guys refuse my application, I'll abuse my powers as a moderator! Is it a deal??

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
HBC ain't somethin' applied for
it's somethin' that you strive toward
when you got scum flailing in your sights
or frozen, a deer in the headlights
when hear the call of your town bros
ain't no doubt, ain't no time to hold throws
if you feel this and it vibes with you
consider yourself hard body crew

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy I don't mean to sound like a Karen or a Kevin. But who's the #HBC ring leader? I need to make an appointment with them because I want to apply to be a member of the Hard Body Crew. And don't tell me you're not accepting recruits!! I won't relent until a meeting is scheduled, with a receipt PM'd to me. Thank you for your cooperation Embarrass
very well

first, you must venture forth onto the southern most part of dgamesia where you will find a peninsula

from there, you must run eastward in soft sand for 50 miles. this is to build your stamina and explosiveness should you ever be summoned by the #hbc on an emergency

once youve hit 50 miles, there will be a steep mountain awaiting you. you must climb to its peak

there at the top, you must spin 3 times saying "swag" upon the exact completion of each 360 degree rotation. look below you and you will see that a great grizzly bear was summoned. weighing 1500 lbs, his name is "eor" and you must wrestle and overcome him with your bare hands. snatch a tooth out of his mouth as proof that youve completed this deed

finally, scale down the mountain into a humvee. from there youll see a long tunnel which you must enter. therein lies the #hbc headquarters, underground and sheltered from the earth. there i will meet you where i will finally test you on your knowledge of dgames and render a verdict that is perfect and fair

when you do all these things, pm me. ill b waiting

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
HBC ain't somethin' applied for
it's somethin' that you strive toward
when you got scum flailing in your sights
or frozen, a deer in the headlights
when hear the call of your town bros
ain't no doubt, ain't no time to hold throws
if you feel this and it vibes with you
consider yourself hard body crew
does one join the hbc, or is the hbc something within that one realizes in their life at the perfect time?

the age old question the great scholars and historians debate amongst themselves to this day

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
lmao

i dont remember deleting it? i dont have a file of it. im too lazy to rerecord it, but if i did put the time to it i could mix it better

Top Bottom