• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
UtopianPoyzin is interested in hosting a 13 man setup he made that seems interesting

Thirdkoopa is planning to host a p fun game when the Summer game hes hosting for us ends

I think that there is interest in a 9 man but, if that interest is similar to mine - I wouldn't be able to do it and also 1 or 2 of the other games, so we'll see

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
have you played a game before

if not, you might really hate me if VGM2 is up next. be warned right now: it's ******* and definitely does not work as a representation of mafia around here
Rajam has absolutely played before lol

also you keep talking about vgm2 mafia. can you link me to the original? can't find it with a cursory search. thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in other news, I could probably host or co-host a game if needs be. hope y'all like vanilla though.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Rajam has absolutely played before lol

also you keep talking about vgm2 mafia. can you link me to the original? can't find it with a cursory search. thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in other news, I could probably host or co-host a game if needs be. hope y'all like vanilla though.
I never said it was on this site

also the BBCode is ****ed up and this was at my peak of making game-breaking roles. There's some stuff I already told myself you guys won't have to deal with (no alignment converts without permission, no death lawyer/miller, etc)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
throwing my hat in the ring as a potential mod

im likely not playing the next one(s) so itd b good for maximizing players

fairly vanilla but with some swag power roles, dank af flavor, best team wins

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just showed up to a wedding an hour and a half early because I didn't hit any traffic (which I left a half hour buffer for) and forgot that Bloomington, IL isn't in EST lol.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Question : Have any of y'all ever tried play The Resistance / Avalon on a forum? Do you think that lends itself to a different form, or would it only work IRL?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm down to support our local mods and play the games they want to run

But really and truly I want to play more semi opens with pretty straightforward but interesting setups

9-13 man

5 day deadlines

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

But really and truly I want to play more semi opens with pretty straightforward but interesting setups

9-13 man

5 day deadlines
I’m getting all hot and bothered

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

9-13 man

5 day deadlines
To that end, semi-open set-ups are cool and all, but the one we just played was not a very good one. It served, but you had a major issue where any role that could prove itself was cleared. Messenger was just a CCable Inno Child. Tracker with a credible claim was cleared. Jailer was the only one that wasn't necessarily cleared if their action was known to have resolved.

In general, you want a semi-open set-up to include more roles that can be town or scum and more roles like Bodyguard that can't confirm itself short of death.

You'll note that most established semi-open set-ups are matrix set-ups where you can see all the possible combinations at the onset.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Yo. Unless everyone ends up being way more down for a vanilla setup more, I'll post the sign-ups for VGM2 in a few days.

Debating how many players to go with? 15 is my absolute max, but only because I know if I put anything above 13~ that I'll make it so that roles drop like flies

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I know @HBC | marshy had thoughts on the set-up.

Also, **** FF Oracle is DUMB.
said most of my thoughts on it in a better way than i can think of atm

mods just need to consider how town/mafia react to claims during the dayphase. this is huge. if i list 6 potential town power roles which have NO overlap with scum roles, imagine rolling scum and being told "there are up to 4 power roles" and realizing that 4 out of the 9 people you need to mislynch can potentially just clear themselves for no reason than because the OP says they exist

scum shouldnt b subjected to that. its an extreme example but you get my point

also my bad on endorsing oracle. i think that role sucks lol. back to my stingy "99% of investigatives suck except tracker" state of mind

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer

9-13 man

5 day deadlines
i gotchu

dibs on hosting after 3ks game

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer

apparently this is an actual game thats releasing on switch stateside in about a week

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

congratulations, didnt kno you were a game designer

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Wtf is >///< supposed to mean. I had someone text it to me and I feel like it’s anime related.
It's the anime inward-looking frustrated face with a blush. I hate it lol
Ty, I knew you degenerates wouldn’t let me down

Now, off to go **** the girl who sent it to me
'Tis a great exchange. 10/10 story, the plot had me on the edge of my seat for the whole development.

Also go check out the new game because it's out now, mkay?

Top Bottom