• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
an awful role that I've used before in games I've hosted.

"A rather controversial twist is the Death Miller, whose alignment is shown as "Mafia" by the Moderator upon death. This has been argued and discussed in Ethics Threads as a source of distrust in the Moderator, which most people feel should not be tolerated. Thus, the Death Miller is an particularly scarcely-used role even in ******* mod games. "
jesus **** thats just diirty

i get behind forgers and think their clever in usage, but thats just the moderator dickery there for adding a role whole together not players action

**** hosts lying to people

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I am very curious! How has everyone been? I've been gone for so long from forums since my life accelerated a lot quicker than I was anticipating, though I am ecstatic to be playing mafia again on homefield.

Anyone have any fun adventures or stories they'd like to share? Even new people if you don't know me! I would love to get to know everyone in the room again and try to be an active member of the community.

Especially because I want to come back to smash competitively after playing the Smash Ultimate at my work conference. God, the game is what I missed from the series. I love Inkling, Ness, Kirby but omg Bayo nerf is real. Also Link feels clunky and clumsy as always in a fighting game ;_______; I need to play my boy Lucas when it's finally out, but ugh what a tease to get to play Ness and not Lucas.
Hey J! How's it been? Done any fun things lately? How's the drama career been? Let me give you a quick update.

The Last 4 years have been busy. I was on that religious mission for 2 years which was fun. I learned a lot about myself and the world at large. After that I got a job on the plane home. I worked as a truck driver making deliveries for about a year and a half. I then quit that job after saving enough money to partner up on a restaurant. Currently I own this pizza place and I'm loving it.

Last edited:

T-block

B2B TST
Believe it or not, I do think about y'all every once in a while.

But there's zero chance that I'll have enough time to actually commit to a game nowadays T_T

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
...that answered jack **** weirdo :V
A John is when you make a crappy excuse for losing in smash, and so then people kind of just say "no Johns" whenever someone makes a crappy excuse. For Example:

Loser: "I only lost because my controller sucks"
Winner: "No Johns"

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
A John is when you make a crappy excuse for losing in smash, and so then people kind of just say "no Johns" whenever someone makes a crappy excuse. For Example:

Loser: "I only lost because my controller sucks"
Winner: "No Johns"
oh that makes sense

and i think that sounds familar actually :V

thank you for not being useless unlike bardul dude~

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Okay, look. This Bows(er)ette meme is completely wrong, and no one is talking about it.

This crown is designed to be a power-up for Toadette. It's a crown (representing Peach) with a pink mushroom cap inside (representing Toadette), and when worn, it shapeshifts the wearer into a Peach-like girl with Toadette's pigtails and a pink mushroom-print dress. The new character is called Peachette (Peach + the '-ette' suffix from Toadette).

At best, this same power-up should turn Bowser, or anyone who wears it, into an exact copy of Peachette, i.e. Peach with pigtails and a mushroom dress. But instead, for some reason, the same power-up (a crown with a pink Toadette mushroom) turns Bowser into a Peach with a black dress and an otherwise Bowser-like appearance, with no indication of a relation to Toadette. Notice, the name is Bows(er)ette, retaining the suffix '-ette' from Toadette.

Now, there are two ways that this can be redesigned (which it should be):

(a) Change the power-up's visual design so that it's just a special crown, and anyone who puts it on becomes a Peach version of themselves. Nintendo's failure to begin with was making it have a pink mushroom on it, which makes it a pre-destined power-up only for Toadette, not understanding that it would explode in popularity and be stepped all over as a power-up to be used by everyone.

(Walupeachi)

(b) Change the power-up's design so that it always reflects the character who's using it. If Bowser is collecting the Super Crown and becoming Bows(er)ette, then the crown should have horns and red hair in the middle, or a spiky green shell.

(Peacher)

And then, there's the issue of nomenclature. Like Peachette, the name needs to be Peach + a suffix representative of its wearer. So for Bowser, the name of this new girl should be Peacher, Peachser, Peachoopa, or anything in the same vein. I think a prefix is also acceptable, such as Bowspeach, or a name like King Peach. "Bowsette" suggests Bowser in the form of Toadette, not Bowser in the form of Peach.

(Bowsette)

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
100% agree on Bowsette being the wrong name for it. I'm also very surprised at how much fanart exists for this character when it was created what seems like 4 days ago.

Realistically if they want the powerup to apply to everyone thought they should just make it look Peachy as opposed to their being just a jillion power crowns out there.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It's great to hear that everyone is doing well still with everything!

Not to go into too too much detail so I do not bore as I know I type a lot, but my life has honestly never been as fantastic as it has been in my entire life. I run my own GameStop as a Store Leader now out in Colorado in the mountains, I have my own place and car, I have a loving boyfriend of 2 years who I live with, I became an award winning actor in MD/VA/DC, and I am currently on the journey of becoming a motion capture actor and voice actor for video gaming by combining my passion for theatre and my love of my career with GameStop into one mega-awesome job hopefully soon.

I'm very content with everything going on and to ask for more would just be greedy. I am just incredibly excited about the new adventures that away and the fact that I may be able to be in a video game sooner rather than later and be playing or facing a character I voiced/acted as is jaw drop passion inducing fire that I can't wait to accomplish someday.

I also have been working out a lot and because of that more acting/theatre/modeling/etc. and I just try and have fun with life through the people I have been meeting by just going with the flow more and more. I want to continue purusing my passions and re-visiting it with Smash Ultimate by becoming the Lucas analyst again and hopefully get back to my old spot on the PR boards.

I have a lot of fun ideas and adventures brewing, but I want to include DGames in them as it is a very important part of my life so I will probably be back resting on my throne of DGamesia for a bit ( ;) ) and just playing/reading/researching games as I did in the past since I can do a post or two a day in the morning after my workout and have time to veg/game before work so it works lovely to play mafia as a morning brain exercise.

I should mention to newer people I do type more than the average forum dweller, but that is only because I type really really fast and it does not seem that long to me after all these years of mafia. *Plus, I get very tongue tied when I try to consolidate so it honestly makes me sound less ditzy ^^"*

Though if you ever need a replacement for a game, a co-mod, or someone to look over your set-up please shoot me a PM or drop me a line. I'm usually up late and also awake early. I just don't post at work because I give my 200% while I'm there. But yeah, it's exciting to see a new generation and get to work in building the room up again so please allow me to assist in any way I can. ^_^

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
whelp damn, happy to hear for ya dude~ i'm katt we pretty much just met now more or less :p

welcome on around and good to see another oldcomer from the place we invaded reclaimed :p

glad to hear your life is shooting on the up and up -3- always swell~

would be glad to have ya around and interact more~ place will always have some bits of activity and welcome another staple!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

idk wtf this bowsette **** about but saw this on my recommended youtube after skimming past its discussion here n lmao'd at the title and guys expression

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
EE's been messaging you on discord for like a month respond to him or face termination of your **** via a forceful blow to that area

basically hes gonna punch you in your **** if you dont respond

Maven89 Maven89

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yo I'd play a game of mafia if peeps would be willing to work with my schedule. I usually work nights, so that means when most peeps are doing their thing after 5:00 I'm still at work doing ****. And if what Nabe says about day phases ending in 24 hours, that may be too much for me to invest in.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Yo I'd play a game of mafia if peeps would be willing to work with my schedule. I usually work nights, so that means when most peeps are doing their thing after 5:00 I'm still at work doing ****. And if what Nabe says about day phases ending in 24 hours, that may be too much for me to invest in.
ya were a lot more faster paced and **** :V

but were still flexible in wanting to give peeps chances to participate, nabe likes to overblow just how much we alienate traditional mafia

were really fine doing 48 hour phases, and we also make night phases open to discussion as well so its less to yourself and action deciding

its really only at 72 hours and longer that problems come up with our community cause we wanna move along, but i imagine most will be cool with that as long as night doesn't last longer than 24

longer than 3 days a phase though? ya nearly none of us nintenzoners will put up with that

were more flexible and like traditional mafia no matter how much nabe exaggerates on us, but its not like he does have a point somewhere :V
LMAO I forgot this was a kid's website so you can't swear.
sure as hell don't stop a lotta people lol

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I should note that a big reason I want to see Wargroove do well is so that Nintendo/Intelligent Systems will be more motivated in making a new Advance Wars.

Of course the game itself looks pretty cool and i'm looking forward to playing it whenever it does come out.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Finally, after like 4 months of being in Austin, got a job offer at a financial services company. Straight up took way too long, but I'm glad that I'm finally getting an opportunity to build upon my resume and my vocational skill set.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
well hey yo, nice its moving along and ya getting settled in somewhere~ hopefully a good start for the future

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Finally, after like 4 months of being in Austin, got a job offer at a financial services company. Straight up took way too long, but I'm glad that I'm finally getting an opportunity to build upon my resume and my vocational skill set.
Grats dude! I know how hard it is to find anything job related in that field.

For me I finished a 3 year program in Finance but finding a job is hell. I'm working a retail job while taking a training course to build up my resume.

Top Bottom