• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'd play, but we saw how little time it turns out that I had for Crossover Mafia lol.

EDIT: Never mind, it's only 3 people. I've totally got this.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
but just in case: if you catch up, don't respond until totally caught up. I should have told you that, as zen did to me in Bim4. Sorry.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Holy **** 10 year anniversary since joining this site

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks dude! I appreciate that. If you ever wanna play a mafia game on ms with me, let me know. or xkcd

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Definitely want to play on xkcd again soon. I saw that Maven played some more games there.

Btw Maven what ended up happening with your job situation?

Maven89

Smash Master
Series of things. I got a job at Chipotle and was in talks with a manager of being trained into a shift leader and moving from there to a manager position, but that manager (the only one who spoke English fluently) was transferred a week after I joined, so I'm one of the only people who doesn't' speak Spanish and i'm mainly just in the back working by myself. Due to the job issue I had to move back in with my parents, which is awful. I first thought of going back to college this semester, so I originally wasn't going to look for a second job, I changed my mind but right at the same time my sister gave birth so I planned a vacation to visit her and my new nephew, I got back two weeks ago and have been semi-looking. The problem is that I'm so sick of working 50-60 hours a week with nothing to show for it. I've had a dream since being a kid of writing for a living, so I decided today to give that a shot. If that doesn't work out I'll probably try college again.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Series of things. I got a job at Chipotle and was in talks with a manager of being trained into a shift leader and moving from there to a manager position, but that manager (the only one who spoke English fluently) was transferred a week after I joined, so I'm one of the only people who doesn't' speak Spanish and i'm mainly just in the back working by myself. Due to the job issue I had to move back in with my parents, which is awful. I first thought of going back to college this semester, so I originally wasn't going to look for a second job, I changed my mind but right at the same time my sister gave birth so I planned a vacation to visit her and my new nephew, I got back two weeks ago and have been semi-looking. The problem is that I'm so sick of working 50-60 hours a week with nothing to show for it. I've had a dream since being a kid of writing for a living, so I decided today to give that a shot. If that doesn't work out I'll probably try college again.
I support writers (been thinking about writing a book myself, to be honest). If you release a book on Amazon (or something to that effect), post about it here and I'll buy it no questions asked.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
im feelin dat itch again bois

dat itch to ball up and dunk on fools

if anyone wants to hop into anything on ms or mu holla @ ya boi

good luck to yall who joined the xkcd game

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want to run a game. I'll think about a simple setup. Or maybe just vt's and goons only. I dunno.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
the mini i played here last year was hella fun

whos still around? like me/zen/ran/ruy/spak/bard/maven? i can run a simple 5 man or we can raid an mu game tho id suggest yall familiarize yourself with the site a lil before playing there. actually i could even ask them to run a simple slower paced game for us and have us play with a bunch of new ppl but we would hav to b pretty active

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/15496-Throne-Of-Lies-D6?p=2123965#post2123965

72 hr dayphases with 5 posts minimum per phase

some things you should know

theres a decent amount of ****posting but not excessive

people tend to be much shorter/concise there but in a 13 man there is decent room for a few longer posts

plurality is in effect and lynches usually go thru at deadline. a lot of times people push a lynch last minute near deadline as the thread gets more active

dont let any of this intimidate you. its a good site and quite easy to get used to cuz there is little policing of others playstyles. im just telling you these things so you have some knowledge of the meta entering the game

if you meant you wanna do a game here then cool. we would need 4 more people and i can run a simple vengeful or something

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
actually there wont b as much ****posting in this one as usual but there definitely will be at least a little because im in it. im YOLOSWAG btw. but it will get serious fairly fast cuz of 13 people and the phase length lending itself to more serious play

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
i dunno i'm again failing in life even though I'm working wth lol

may need to take a break after the few games i'm in yo

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
And I've got three Comp Sci projects due next week as well as a 12-page take home test this weekend, so I'm slightly booked at the moment lol.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
damn that sucks dude

im hoppin the wagon and finally bought a switch. im ****in hype. i cant shake the nostalgic enjoyment of nintendo. the only other game ive played for years is like gears 4 and gta 5 but mostly the former. its like i bought an xbox just to play that ****. im on spring break and im bout to nerd out ****in hardbody playing mario and **** lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
yo let me know we can play some switch games dude

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
whats your handle?

switch update

holy ****. ive been missing out. ive had way more fun playing splatoon 2 than anything else in a while. there should b a setting to block kids from playing this after x amount of time this would have consumed my childhood to no end...tho i guess n64/gamecube/etc accomplished that anyway lol

but yeah. having had an xbox one for a few years and trying that and playstation through the years ive gotta say nintendos ips just have an energy/life to them which i find way more engaging

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Switch: 0654 7794 0698

That's my switch friend code get at me

yeah I got addicted to splatoon 2 so much that I considered getting serious with it but nvm that

i'm glad you got it, this is like, nintendo rising back from the dead, they are doing pretty well

btw nice Zoro avi, does this mean you are catching up on One Piece?

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
thanks bro. yeah splatoon 2 is addicting cuz

3 min matches. keeps player engaged instead of longass wars of attrition

constant stimulation via claiming territory. so even if youre not in combat youre still playing to a high stakes game where you need to constantly shoot

also heard its $20 for nintys online service this september and theyll b bringing virtual console back. holy **** man so imagine having all those old school ninty games on the go? they need to put voicechat on splat 2. i need online mario party in my life too but the board games seem way too long. maybe they could have it where ppl hop in/out of matches thats not ideal but better ppl flaking and playing bots by yourself. but nintendo is ****in dominating

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
and nah i havent read one piece in a while. just check spoilers here and there and love this avy thanks. what has happened?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
no i never did. i overestimated how much tv id watch when moving in. which is to say maybe like once or twice a month. and its only going to get worse now that i have switch

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Should watch a couple when you get the chance.

Also:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG said:
Didn't read lol, but I love how I just opened the thread and am already seeing "Zen" + "shenanigans" :p
I was good, I swear!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
yo

they getting ready to do the champions games on mafia universe soon. we will prolly hear from thingy in a month or 2 or 3

we sent j twice. then gorf who made the final game. then ryker who did the same i believe

anyone interested? im putting this out there so ppl can think about it and have a little more time than about the week or so thats usually allotted

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
aw shucks thanks yall

these games are prone to meta clash which can b disorienting. i dont kno if i feel like dealing with that and a potentially ****ty town in a champs game. that said ive played on mu a lot and with several champ players so am used to the playstyle there. its fun. this could b fun with the right playerlist

ill think about it. if anyone else is interested plz say so in case i decide i dont want to

Last edited:
Top Bottom