• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Designing a remake of the og Smash Bros.

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
This is my take on how a complete reboot of Super Smash Bros. would look, feel, & operate... I had fun designing the roster & everything hear, so enjoy!

Every Map & Mii Fighter costume ever can be obtained in this game. All music from every game is available as well...

All amiibo still function in the game as there fighter, even if they aren't playable. If the character isn't playable, then it gives you new mii gear or music.

Lets work out a roster:

Base-
:ultkirby:, :ultyoshi:, :ultsamus:, :ultpikachu:, :ultluigi:, :ultfalcon:, :ultjigglypuff:, :ultness:, :ultmario:, :ultdk:, :ultfox:, :ultlink:, :ultswordfighter:, :ultbrawler:, :ultgunner:

Unlockable-
:ultpiranha:, :ultbanjokazooie:, :ultsonic:, :ultsnake:, :ultbayonetta:, :ultlucina:, :ultpokemontrainer:, :ultryu:, :ult_terry:, :ultbowser:, Byleth, :ultrob:, :ultduckhunt:, & :ultpeach:

DLC:
Returning Pass-
1. Solo :ultcharizard:
2. :ultsimon:
3. :ultpacman:
4. :sheilda: (They switch again, like pokémon trainer)
5. :ultlittlemac:

Newcomers Pass-
1. Steve (Minecraft)
2. Peashooter (PvZ)
3. Meatboy (Super Meatboy)
4. Rayman (Rayman Series)
5. DK Jr. (Game of same name)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'm only going to make this one using characters who were released or made before 1999. Also, if it was released in 1999 like I guess i'm pretending it is for some reason, that would mean no third party characters. But I put Banjo and Kazooie since it technically was published by Nintendo.

Veterans: 1. :ultmario:2.:ultluigi:3.:ultdk:4.:ultyoshi:5.:ultlink:6.:ultsamus:7.:ultkirby:8.:ultpikachu:9.:ultjigglypuff:10.:ultfox:11.:ultness:12.:ultfalcon:
Newcomers from Other Smash Games: 13.:ultpeach:14.:ultbowser:15.:ultdaisy:16.:ultdiddy:17.:ultkrool:18.:ultzelda:19.:ultganondorf:20.:ultridley:21.:ultkingdedede:22.:ultmetaknight:23.:ultmewtwo:24.:ultsquirtle:25.:ultcharizard:26.:ultwolf:27.:ultmarth:28.:ultbanjokazooie:29.:ultduckhunt:30.:ultgnw:31. :ultpit:32.:ultwario:33.:ultlittlemac:
Newcomers: 34.. Toad 35. Goomba 36. Waluigi 37. Geno 38. Dixie Kong 39. Link (Classic, which means he takes his appearence from AlttP and has moves from the first LoZ) 40. Ganon 41. Gooey 42. Meowth 43. Togepi 44. Leif 45. Baloon Fighter 46. Mach Rider 47. Muddy Mole 48. Takamaru 49. Mike Jones 50. Hakkun 51. Lip 52. Plok

Pupp135

Smash Lord
This is my take on how a complete reboot of Super Smash Bros. would look, feel, & operate... I had fun designing the roster & everything hear, so enjoy!

Every Map & Mii Fighter costume ever can be obtained in this game. All music from every game is available as well...

All amiibo still function in the game as there fighter, even if they aren't playable. If the character isn't playable, then it gives you new mii gear or music.

Lets work out a roster:

Base-
:ultkirby:, :ultyoshi:, :ultsamus:, :ultpikachu:, :ultluigi:, :ultfalcon:, :ultjigglypuff:, :ultness:, :ultmario:, :ultdk:, :ultfox:, :ultlink:, :ultswordfighter:, :ultbrawler:, :ultgunner:

Unlockable-
:ultpiranha:, :ultbanjokazooie:, :ultsonic:, :ultsnake:, :ultbayonetta:, :ultlucina:, :ultpokemontrainer:, :ultryu:, :ult_terry:, :ultbowser:, Byleth, :ultrob:, :ultduckhunt:, & :ultpeach:

DLC:
Returning Pass-
1. Solo :ultcharizard:
2. :ultsimon:
3. :ultpacman:
4. :sheilda: (They switch again, like pokémon trainer)
5. :ultlittlemac:

Newcomers Pass-
1. Steve (Minecraft)
2. Peashooter (PvZ)
3. Meatboy (Super Meatboy)
4. Rayman (Rayman Series)
5. DK Jr. (Game of same name)
Pea shooter and Meatboy sound like interesting picks that I never thought of. Also, I wonder what would have happened if DK Jr. was in more games like the Mario Spinoffs and DKC games.
If I remade Smash 64, I’d probably just tack on the planned fighters (Bowser, King Dedede, Mewtwo, Marth) in terms of the roster.
For stages, I’d also make FD, Battlefield, and Metal Cavern/Meta Crystal available in multiplayer and add the maps Bowsers Castle/Keep, Mt. Dedede/Fountain of Dreams (I prefer the latter), Pokemon Stadium, Indigo Plateau/Unknown Dungeon (Cerulean Cave), Onett (I like Magnificant more but the former is more important), Mute City 3DS, and Archania/Dolhr Palace.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom