• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Design choice question

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
So I was considering tweaking the mechanics of wall-teching on the offchance I ever get around to making a smash fangame. Here's what it'd be:

When you wall tech without a jump, your jump gets replenished. If you wall tech jump without a jump, you don't get your jump back, but you get better distance and more i-frames than a standard wall jump.

The thought behind this is to reward players getting edgeguarded for reacting properly to their opponent's edgeguarding attempts.

The reason for making them function differently is to give the defending player either an instantly gratifying option with less versatility, or an option that opens up more options to recover or retaliate, but less safely.

Any thoughts on this? How do you think it would affect the overall balance of a game similar to Melee?

Top Bottom