• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deluxe Mii/ PreMiiUm costumes

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There is a special sauce Sakurai hit with this new game. Simply rebranding clones to echoes, he won over the hearts of just about everyone who saw them. Just a few months later, lightning struck twice, and the oft- poorly received Mii costumes got a huge makeover, with approximately one per fighter pass being upgraded in a way that... well... fans cannot quite put their finger on.

Sure, many of these upgrades cover the entire Mii.
Sure, many of these upgrades get their own mini trailer.
Hell, many of these upgrades get their own music tracks added.
Yet all of these Mii's seem to be more true to character, and even change the proportions of the Mii fighters for the characters.

Now, I think they could go a step farther.

Most importantly, I think each of these premiium's could be given a signature new move. A move added to the Miis, that actually fits the character's home game. A Bomberman character needs a ...bomb move! Shovel Knight could be next, and where would he be without a Shovel Dig? I think this is the most missed opportunity.

That said, what else would you like to see to make these characters be a bit more lifelike, without much effort? Maybe Sakurai will even see this thread and get some ideas!!

A few more other ideas:
-- Actually say the name of the character when in use
-- Being able to see the PreMiium's on the fighter preparation battles (with their names, not the Mii name)

How would you like to see these Deluxe Mii costumes improved? And what other thoughts do you have?

Dan

Smash Lord
Great thread. I really think they need to go back and adjust the head pieces for Goemon, Knuckles, Vince, Ray MK III, Isaac, Saki and Lip to be "Deluxe"... they are all so close to practically being there. On that note, couldn't they also give Toad the Deluxe treatment and just make him a smaller Brawler? It all seems very simple.

The new move thing is a great idea... would it really be that hard to allow Bomberman to spawn an actual bomb? Missed opportunity. I also wonder why he didn't get a trailer. Most of the time the Deluxe is more hype for me than the actual character.

The most nerve-wracking thing for Geno supporters is he is the most obvious and ideal character for this treatment.

But then why stop with just one move? Why not give them their own moveset?
Because they don't have time for that. It's much easier to make one move than an entire moveset.

-- Being able to see the PreMiium's on the fighter preparation battles (with their names, not the Mii name)
Good point... why can they not just show their image instead of a silhouette?

Yet all of these Mii's seem to be more true to character, and even change the proportions of the Mii fighters for the characters.
If they could truly do this to the extreme the possibilities would be endless. They could probably make 10 deluxe costumes in the time it takes for one brand new fighter; probably even more considering how difficult it is to balance a new character. Like give me a Chunky Kong Brawler, or heck, why not just make him a DK alt.

Dan

Smash Lord
what makes you think they have time to make even one unique move?
I never said that, I was just making a point that didn't include that. But it would incredibly easy for them to just give Bomberman Toon Link's bomb for instance as a move.

Dan

Smash Lord
I'm sort of the opposite... I kinda feel like costumes are pointless if they're not Deluxe. The only good one at launch was Skull Kid. I've also been playing Goemon cause he looks pretty close.

GRSpeed5

Smash Rookie
One of the things I most want for the deluxe Mii costumes is a unique voice. I don't want to hear Bomberman or Sans sound like an anime girl.

Top Bottom