• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delta Upsilon II: The Ohio Circuit Opener (1/23/10)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Delta Upsilon II: The Ohio Circuit Opener
January 23rd, 2010

Pools, Singles, and Doubles Bracket Located Here! Check to see how you did!

Doubles Results (9 Entrants)
1: Mew2King + DJIskaScribbles (Mew2King + DJIskaScribbles) ($93.50)
2: Kel + Overswarm (Kel + Overswarm) ($51.00)
3: Nope + Z (Nope + Z) ($25.50)
4: Suyon + IThrowThings (Suyon + IThrowThings) ($10.00)
5: AlphaZealot + Fonz (AlphaZealot + Fonz)
5: Blue Rogue + Argent (Blue Rogue + Argent)
7: TheKeist + Doctor X (TheKeist + Doctor X)
7: XtacyFalco + Beegs (XtacyFalco + Beegs)
9: Links24 + Yami (Links24 + Yami)

Singles Results (30 Entrants)
1: Mew2King - Meta Knight ($139.20)
2: Blue Rogue - Wario ($63.80)
3: Kel - Meta Knight ($40.60)
4: Overswarm - Meta Knight($23.20)
5: KB - Peach($11.60)
5: Fizzle - Meta Knight/Lucario/Falco($11.60)
7: Z - Meta Knight
7: Suyon - Pit
9: AlphaZealot - Diddy Kong
9: Fonz - Lucario
9: DJIskascribbles - Meta Knight
9: Nope - Snake
13: Doctor X - Pit
13: Sil - R.O.B.
13: IThrowThings - Sonic
13: Sai - Diddy Kong
---Pool Cut Off---
17: Links24 -
17: Beegs - Marth
17: TheKeist - Kirby
17: Wakka - Diddy Kong
21: Banhammer -
21: XtacyFalco - Meta Knight
21: Argent - Pokemon Trainer
21: Crow! - Link/Yoshi
25: SG -
25: Urban - Lucas
25: Wisdom - Peach
25: Moose - Sheik
29: Juu - Pit/Mario
29: Kassandra - Lucas

--------

I hope everyone had fun! I'm glad to see some new faces and I hope everyone makes it out to the next one on February 20th. Also, I didn't know everyone's character, so if people could help me for the blanks, please let me know!

We got 10 more people then I expected, so that was really good considering this was the weekend after Pound 4 and I announced this tournament just 2 weeks ago! Ohio is getting big!

Sorry that I didn't do friendlies toward the end of the tournament. Next time I'll get you guys!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Casual Results (24 Entrants)
1: Blue Rouge ($15)
2: Baro ($8)
3: Fizzle ($1)
4: Z
5: ITT
5: Overswarm
7: TheKiest
7: M2K
7: Sleep
7: AlphaZealot
7: Nope
7: Argent
13: Suyon
13: Moose
13: Dr. X
13: Sil
13: Nova
13: Yami
13: Wakka
13: Crow
13: Juu
13: Sai
13: Fonz
13: Kel
1 Dollar entry FFA Tourne with items on high. 2 players advance: the one won wins and the player who has the most kills (who didn't win).

I'll post shoutouts later.

My videos will be up on:
http://www.youtube.com/user/OUGamingArts

Doubles are going up right now.

Also...
Juu used Pit and Mario
Wisdom used Peach
Argent used PT the whole tourne.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Fun tourney after Pound, I'll post shoutouts a little later

Side note: finally getting the MK matchup down more comfortably. That's good news. :3

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Good matches all. Everyone is definitely improving, and I love to see that.

Suyon - thanks for the matchup experience it has helped greatly.
Beegs - sorry we didnt get our friendlies in I need marth experience badly though!
King beef - Good ****, lets do some friendlies so I can learn that matchup.
Kel - GG's
Fizzle - Good stuff, I know where I went wrong against your D3, and I will stick with Lucario next time. My MK still needs work hahaha.
Overswarm - Fun matches. I am Norfair King though =D.
Wisdom - Very nice peach I learned some stuff from you in the matchup for sure.
Argent - Go back to lucario!!

For anyone I missed. Sorry, GG's

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
KB and BR...
KBR? Killed by ****? Maybe when it'll be a God Kai team...

Framerate

Smash Lord
Lol you guys aren't God Kais. They just wanted you associated with them because you guys are good. There's only 3 God Kais; everyone else is just a publicity thingy. Don't be fooled by their slander. God Pies.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
1: Mew2King - Meta Knight ($139.20)- Congrats.

2: Blue Rogue - Wario ($63.80)- Nice job placing in the thick MK forest bro. In fact...both of us are surrounded by MKs above and below us lol.

3: Kel - Meta Knight ($40.60)- GGs and congrats on third. I'm glad we're on good terms now, video game tensity is pointless like you said. :3 P.S. Norfair/Rainbow Cruise ban situation in our matchup is gaaaaaaaay, I need to try and win the first match from now on to prevent that. xD

4: Overswarm - Meta Knight($23.20)- GGs and thanks for the compliments. I'm steadily learning to handle the MK matchup.

5: KB - Peach($11.60)- Decent run after pound.

5: Fizzle - Meta Knight/Lucario/Falco($11.60)- Fun friendlies, you're a solid player!

7: Z - Meta Knight- Last game was so epic! That was a mad risky fair I threw out at the edge when you came charging in for the kill. I'll call it the "peek-a-boo" fair. xD

7: Suyon - Pit- Good **** Suyon! Came in and did work! NEOH!

9: AlphaZealot - Diddy Kong- Had TO duty, it's ok. ^.^;

9: Fonz - Lucario- Yeah I'll play you some more next time so you can learn the MU. More Lucario exp for me doesn't hurt either.

9: DJIskascribbles - Meta Knight- Your Peach exp and smart style is something I'm struggling to adapt to. You're a really good player DJ.

9: Nope - Snake- Good games Nope, totally didn't expect the Frigate CP from a Snake, but I see why it's a good stage for him. Always good to see you and Springfield. :3

13: Doctor X - Pit- Never spoke to or played you. :(

13: Sil - R.O.B.- Sil wins because he plays Melee like me.

13: IThrowThings - Sonic- Thanks for holding the winnings I forgot to grab, I appreciate it. :3

13: Sai - Diddy Kong- Sweet diddy. Nice job taking a game off OS.

---Pool Cut Off---
17: Links24 - Good seeing you.

17: Beegs - Marth- It's ok Beegs, you're dealing with a lot more than Smash right now. Come back strong for Lolis!

17: TheKeist - Kirby- Keisizzle!

17: Wakka - Diddy Kong- C'mon Wakka, step it up, your diddy is too good for 17th!

21: Banhammer - Dayton is mad cool.

21: XtacyFalco - Meta Knight- Good seein ya again Vince. Frigate ending was super gay but hilarious too. xD

21: Argent - Lucario- Yeah coming just for fun to enjoy the game again didn't seem like a bad idea. You look like you had a good time.

21: Crow!- GGs.

25: Wisdom - Peach- Another Peach! Sweet! xD

25: Moose - Sheik- Good seeing you again Moose, nice Sheik as always man.

29: Juu - Pit/Mario- GGs in friendlies.

29: Kassandra - Lucas- Kel's lady I'm guessing? I'm out of the Cincy social loop. ^.^;

Baro

Smash Journeyman
no shoutout to good ol baro, KB?
shame.

well, I realized during the finals of casuals that if I was keeping track of kills, I could have suicided for the last stock and I would have gained a point, fizzle would gain two, and br would gain zero, prolonging the finals to one more round. I would have had a chance at winning. but after that, what if I got 1st and br got the most kills? I can't wait for ANOTHER casuals tournament to see what a tiebreaker may be!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
1: Mew2King - Meta Knight ($139.20)- You suck versus Diddy and remind me of an Owl

2: Blue Rogue - Wario ($63.80)- You got the smash ball and killed me. You broke our pact! >:[

3: Kel - Meta Knight ($40.60) - Metakniiiiiight

4: Overswarm - Meta Knight($23.20)- Metakniiiiiiight

5: KB - Peach($11.60) - Don't "learn the peach vs. MK matchup". Pick a different character. I learned the matchup while playing you. It's a losing battle. Pick up a different character for the matchup unless you're on some super peach stage; your best bet is probably Metaknight. Your best case scenario with Peach is to learn the matchup better than any other MK knows the Peach matchup and then win until they do.

5: Fizzle - Meta Knight/Lucario/Falco($11.60)- Metakniiiiight. close game with Suyon! You are really good, but you make a lot of common mistakes; I never really feel pressured when playing with you because your punishment game is pretty lax. If you are gonna hit me off stage, you better be able to edgeguard. Also, stop air dodging. If you're going to air dodge, half the time it's better to just fast fall dair, tornado, or down+b.

7: Z - Meta Knight - good ish beating AZ! I've always enjoyed seeing you at tournaments, and your MK is one I don't like playing at all. If MK does get banned, you better keep coming to tournaments!

7: Suyon - Pit - losing to two MKs (again) has to be tough. :\ It's a near impossible matchup when you approach. Stop that nairing towards your opponent since it's a free tornado, and incorporate your grab game more.

9: AlphaZealot - Diddy Kong - Feel better! Good job with running the tournament. See you at Nope's.

9: Fonz - Lucario - *shakes fist at Norfair gimp*. Thanks for the stock market advice.

9: DJIskascribbles - Meta Knight - Got better at the MK ditto, eh? ;) You should step it up in singles by learning why Mew2King does things. You emulate him a lot and that's great and all, but you put his tactics into use in the wrong situations. Makes you really easy to read.

9: Nope - Snake - Snake's getting harder to play! When you gonna bust out that Wario?

13: Doctor X - Pit - Play more barwl!

13: Sil - R.O.B. - A ROB MADE THE BRACKET!

13: IThrowThings - Sonic - Good MM. No idea what to do on FD, you just have so much room to move! No idea what you could do on Norfair either. If you have a good vertical KO move from the ground, you might try baiting people to the top platform and killing MK earlier that way.

13: Sai - Diddy Kong - My hardest match in the tournament other than the two I lost. I thought you were gonna send me to losers! You learned the patience game pretty well it seems. Keep it up, you did much better this tournament then your placement shows.

Nth: Baro - METAKNIGHT CANNOT RECOVER WHEN METAL. The most fun money matches I have ever played. Next time we need to have several special modes on. The infinites made it a lot sillier. I totally thought your ganon was gonna **** my Falco though... 500% and you still weren't dying!

---Pool Cut Off gets no shoutouts from me!---
17: Links24 -
17: Beegs - Marth
17: TheKeist - Kirby
17: Wakka - Diddy Kong
21: Banhammer -
21: XtacyFalco - Meta Knight
21: Argent - Lucario
21: Crow! -
25: SG -
25: Urban - Lucas
25: Wisdom - Peach
25: Moose - Sheik
29: Juu - Pit/Mario
29: Kassandra - Lucas

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Blue Rogue and KB of AiB! AZ you could have done much better man.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
AZ was feeling a little sickly this tournament. He and I also were on the same side of the bracket as M2K, and then he played Z (Z is good).

KB for best Peach.
Go see KOS-MOS and Praxis and Edrees

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
5: KB - Peach($11.60) - Don't "learn the peach vs. MK matchup". Pick a different character. I learned the matchup while playing you. It's a losing battle. Pick up a different character for the matchup unless you're on some super peach stage; your best bet is probably Metaknight. Your best case scenario with Peach is to learn the matchup better than any other MK knows the Peach matchup and then win until they do.
I've already tried that route. As frustrating as it can be for me to consistently compete with a good MK as Peach, I just cannot enjoy the game as much when I use him. I've developed him to a respectable level in a short time (that's not saying much considering the character, obviously) but to no avail, I just can't bring myself to rely on him. He alleviates too many what-would-be pressure situations and I can feel myself becoming lazy and spoiled as a player with him in my hands. I may fight a losing battle as Peach, but at the same time I like to give my brain and creativity a workout. MK is too much of a crutch for my taste.

I'd just like to see where my newfound knowledge of the MU takes me for now, because that's one of the only reasons why I even still play/enjoy this game.

Go see KOS-MOS and Praxis and Edrees
KOS-MOS and I have been placing about the same over the stretch of half a year from what I remember, although he is famous among the Peaches for revolutionizing that MU vs Diddy in a way that no Peach had ever played it.

Praxis I agree with, he has been on the ball with just about everything Peach for a while now, and his placements are almost always good. He's kind of my "mentor" in terms of matchup knowledge as well. I have mad respect for the guy.

Edrees...still holds the title for best Peach to this day, I agree. No Peach has yet overcome his overall accomplishments with her in this game.

A good handful of us are definitely on the rise though, and we all are a tight knit group of people. Pound 4 was amazing because once we all met, there was no tension and we were like an insta-crew. :3

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
KOS-MOS and Edrees haven't entered a tournament in quite a while. Praxis is good, yeah. I'd say he's close to KB, for better or for worse. This tournament looked pretty hard, and KB got 5th...definitely impressive.

Kel

Smash Master
I played MK, Snake, dedede, Peach and Diddy in this tournament.

Thanks for running the tournament AZ.

Fun times to all

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I did terrible but still had fun, hopefully I'll see you all at Nope's this weekend. And Beegs whatever's going on I hope it gets better :X

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
1: Mew2King - Fun hanging with ya up until we played Smash Bros. 64... :p Sorry you got kinda bored, but maybe I'll get the rest of those Bubble Bobble expert stages for next time we meet...
2: Blue Rogue - I still think it was my fault we failed in doubles... How'd you get wrecked so hard on Frigate?
3: Kel - You didn't seem to have much trouble with Fonz' Lucario... You'll most likely wreck me if we ever get to play... :p
4: Overswarm - HELP ME, MARINA!!! *waits for next obscure 64 reference*
5: KB - I need to relax... Hopefully I can fulfill that New Year's resolution of mine as well...
5: Fizzle - Do you even play Lucario anymore? You should not have failed with Bowser if you wanted a higher seed...
7: Z - Good seeing ya again...
7: Suyon - And you were ready to quit... Guess we both reached that point... Difference is you became better out of it all...
9: AlphaZealot - Hope you're feeling better...
9: Fonz - It's a one time thing... I'm trying to have more fun and less frustration!
9: DJIskascribbles - Where did you come from? Did you beat Junebug at Pound 4? :dizzy:
9: Nope - What happened to Smashfield? You guys need to do better next week...
13: Doctor X - Fun friendlies...
13: Sil - Looks like you're improving!
13: IThrowThings - You have not been good to me in doubles!
13: Sai
---Pool Cut Off---
17: Links24
17: Beegs - You're better than that! Come on now!
17: TheKeist - REMATCH! Kirby v PT at Nope's? I will make you fear PT!
17: Wakka
21: Banhammer
21: XtacyFalco
21: Argent - I'm keeping PT in my back pocket for certain matchups...
21: Crow!
25: SG
25: Urban - I've never lost a set to Tyr with my Lucario/MK, but I haven't played him in a few months now...
25: Wisdom - You played me at a bad time... I had a ton of confidence, and that's when I'm at my best...
25: Moose
29: Juu
29: Kassandra

fonzi21

Smash Ace
3: Kel - You didn't seem to have much trouble with Fonz' Lucario... You'll most likely wreck me if we ever get to play... :p
He didn't have much trouble because he planked me, and he still only won by 6% (He needs to work on his planking abilities). Kel is good, but saying he didn't have much trouble is quite an ignorant remark.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
That's right... I forgot that he timed you out... Sorry, Fonz... Didn't he also try some kinda stalling stuff against you and AZ in doubles when you both had two stocks each?

Top Bottom