• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delta Upsilon II: The Ohio Circuit Opener (1/23/10)

Kel

Smash Master
That wouldn't have mattered. He was losing badly anyway so we didn't care.
I had 5 minutes to do whatever I wanted to with.

You guys got antsy and started approaching me. This means I got what I wanted.

All I did was glide over the stage.

And I knew the time out was close, but I didn't know it was only 6%.

Suyon

Smash Lord
NEOH! Top 8 that don't play MK

1: Mew2King - Meta Knight ($139.20) Did you enjoy those bread parodies?
2: Blue Rogue - Wario ($63.80) - Arisu
3: Kel - Meta Knight ($40.60) - Sorry for bumping you during loser's finals. Good games btw.
4: Overswarm - Meta Knight($23.20) I think I naired you the most only. I don't recall approaching nairing others.
5: KB - Peach($11.60) - Coming out of no where to get 5th man. Good job.
5: Fizzle - Meta Knight/Lucario/Falco($11.60) ..........I shake my head to your MK....................
7: Z - Meta Knight- Good set in doubles.
7: Suyon - Pit - ...............................................................................
9: AlphaZealot - Diddy Kong - Thanks for hosting the tournaments and making it run smoothly as usual except for the power outage.
9: Fonz - Lucario - Glad I could help.
9: Nope - Snake - Good games Nope.
13: Doctor X - Pit - Cmon step it up!
13: Sil - R.O.B. - Very close set Sil.
13: IThrowThings - Sonic - Come on....**** in singles more. But at least you got out of pools

---Pool Cut Off---
17: Beegs - Marth - You'll getem next time Beegs
17: TheKeist - Kirby - Still an awesome person as ever.
21: Argent - Pokemon Trainer - Thanks for the ride man! Next time you going Lucario right?
25: Wisdom - Peach - ggs in pools
29: Juu - Pit/Mario- fun friendlies

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
1: Mew2King - Meta Knight ($139.20) - The reason I wasn't too enthused about the balloon popping game is because I was legitimately trying to beat you. You came off as being condescending when you didn't even remember my main and were clearly not taking the matches seriously. There's a difference between being confident in your abilities and being unsportsmanlike. I do appreciate that you had the decency to say good games afterwards though.
2: Blue Rogue - Wario ($63.80) - Wish you woulda remembered how you did that sonic glitch no one saw. We gotta team sometime.
3: Kel - Meta Knight ($40.60) - GGs, sucks that the power went out. I want to play you for like a 99 stock to see how to get kills against an ex sonic main.
4: Overswarm - Meta Knight($23.20) - I TOTALLY had you in that MM till I tried gettin fancy on my last stock on smashville. I'll get you next time. Stop pickin janky stages and come up to TYM VIII
5: KB - Peach($11.60) - Nice job reppin NEOH
5: Fizzle - Meta Knight/Lucario/Falco($11.60) - You got a LOT better than the last time I saw you. I won't take you lightly next time.
7: Z - Meta Knight
7: Suyon - Pit - Good job steppin it up.
9: AlphaZealot - Diddy Kong - Fun tourney, I enjoyed it.
9: Fonz - Lucario
9: DJIskascribbles - Meta Knight - Fun friendlies, thx for the MK advice
9: Nope - Snake - That trick in doubles was unexpected. Don't SD with Wario in dubs next time.
13: Doctor X - Pit
13: Sil - R.O.B. - Good MM
13: IThrowThings - Sonic
13: Sai - Diddy Kong
---Pool Cut Off---
17: Links24 - Do you even check smashboards?
17: Beegs - Marth - Me and Xtacy gotta get you high sometime.
17: TheKeist - Kirby - Nice side tourney, it was fun
17: Wakka - Diddy Kong - Yay, I got revenge from that one wings and brew! GGs
21: Banhammer -
21: XtacyFalco - Meta Knight - Good seein ya again, I'm gonna try to make it to more tournies. We gotta get Beegs high sometime.
21: Argent - Pokemon Trainer - I wouldn't be so mean to you in doubles if your doubles name wasn't "Don't bother playing Sonic" :p
21: Crow! - Link/Yoshi - Not bad for your first tournament, keep goin to more and you're bound to get much better.
25: SG -
25: Urban - Lucas
25: Wisdom - Peach
25: Moose - Sheik Good games in pools, you've definitely improved since WaB. If you could get the tech skill on that grab release down you would've beaten me.
29: Juu - Pit/Mario
29: Kassandra - Lucas

Kel

Smash Master
ITT, Sonic CANT kill. That's a big reason I had to drop him.

Suyon, no worries man. Sorry for being MK. You have a nice Pit BTW. I'm thinking of picking up Pit when MK is banned too.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
ITT, Sonic CANT kill. That's a big reason I had to drop him.

Suyon, no worries man. Sorry for being MK. You have a nice Pit BTW. I'm thinking of picking up Pit when MK is banned too.
It's not that he CANT so much as that he has no guarantees. While MK can combo many of his moves into dsmash and shuttle loop, and Snake can force people into his utilt, sonic doesn't really have that. It just means that you have to call people out exactly instead of using moves that cover a variety of your opponents options.

But ya, killin is pretty difficult.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
4: Overswarm - Meta Knight($23.20) - I TOTALLY had you in that MM till I tried gettin fancy on my last stock on smashville. I'll get you next time. Stop pickin janky stages and come up to TYM VIII
You can say that when I don't have a 100% win rate against you in MMs ;)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
: DJIskascribbles - Meta Knight - Got better at the MK ditto, eh? ;) You should step it up in singles by learning why Mew2King does things. You emulate him a lot and that's great and all, but you put his tactics into use in the wrong situations. Makes you really easy to read.
lol i didnt care about singles at all this weekend. i just wanted the doubles money. They only match i tried was vs bluerogue cuz i needed to learn the wario match-up. which i succeeded in but it was too late for me when i did lol after that i was too annoyed to play well
and i know exactly why m2k does things. you havent seen me play well recently and im VERY confident id beat you

overall i had fun this tourney was very laid back for me especially since im still burned out from pound. im currently sick from salmonella poisoning so hopefully im better by saturday for nopes. I feel like complete **** right now lol

9: DJIskascribbles - Where did you come from? Did you beat Junebug at Pound 4? :dizzy:
yes i beat junebug at p4 2-1 but only cuz i suicided game 2 at 43 hes real good though

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol i didnt care about singles at all this weekend. i just wanted the doubles money. They only match i tried was vs bluerogue cuz i needed to learn the wario match-up. which i succeeded in but it was too late for me when i did lol after that i was too annoyed to play well
and i know exactly why m2k does things. you havent seen me play well recently and im VERY confident id beat you

overall i had fun this tourney was very laid back for me especially since im still burned out from pound. im currently sick from salmonella poisoning so hopefully im better by saturday for nopes. I feel like complete **** right now lol
I've thrown more matches than you'll ever think to throw and know when someone is or isn't trying. I know you were disappointed in your losses; don't get into the habit of covering them up by saying you "weren't trying". You are definitely beatable, and always will be (even if you get to M2K's level!). You're a solid smasher, don't condition yourself to give up mid-match on the philosophy of "oh, I don't care about this". I don't care when I lose because I've already proven myself. The day I feel I need to prove myself again will be hard on my brain. Don't get into the trap! You're still trying to prove to yourself you can do it, so don't sell yourself short. You lost to tough opponents and will bounce back next time.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kel: I approached because there were 3 minutes left and Fonz and I each had 2 stocks still (and I had <50%). Meaning we would really have to royally **** up in order for you to make a come back.

If we each had just 1 stock I would have been content just chilling. We weren't even trying to break your stall tactic and when I decided to just '**** it' I easily stopped what you were doing and you were KO'd within 30 seconds.

Stalling when you are down 3 stocks is...stupid.

Kel

Smash Master
Once again, you approached me. So I got what I wanted.

Stalling when you are down 3 stock is...smart.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, we were kinda laughing about it. People always just say "well, we're up ahead by enough" and then approach when you stall because they get bored. It's in the advantage of the stalling player, so why not? You don't lose anything by doing it. Even if they don't approach and the time runs out, you've slowed their momentum and given your teammate time to cool down.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm a big fan of purple, it's my favorite color. I'm also not a jerk that makes people read things in purple on a black background.

>:[

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's as close to a psychological guarantee as you get in a competitive environment.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
This color is garbage

That's why I'm using this, because it's purple and not a dark bleh. I'm sorry that you don't like it, but I don't have to please you.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
AZ was feeling a little sickly this tournament. He and I also were on the same side of the bracket as M2K, and then he played Z (Z is good).

Go see KOS-MOS and Praxis and Edrees
Poor AZ, I hope he got better

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ This

And Nope did you post our matches up yet? I wouldn't even know where to look though. xD

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Sorry Kel, I'm usually quicker about this but this week I went from 16 hours to 60 hours of work. :<

They'll go up tomorrow.

Top Bottom