• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delphox casts a return spell!

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
Delphox is a Pokemon species that made its debut in Pokemon X and Y (2013). The Fox Pokemon that can see into the future! #655 in the National Pokedex.

And, yes, I know that Delphox lost relevance when Sun and Moon hit the scene. We also just got another Pokemon newcomer that's a Fire type, which really doesn't help (Incineroar), which I know Decidueye fans aren't pleased about.

But, I'd say the show must go on. We may never get Delphox in Smash, but it still never hurts to show your support for it. I think we should still get the idea out there regardless. It may be another Fire type, and it may not be in the current generation, but we could really use more Pokemon species that aren't Gen 1. As Delphox fans, we don't want the fox mage to be forgotten. Me and many others tried getting Delphox in Smash 3DS/Wii U, but that never happened. After that, I started waving the white flag. Even when Delphox was relevant, it was still extremely hard to find enough people to support it. Most of the people who were against it used the "reps" argument, saying we can't have this many characters for said franchise. But now that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has ALL the veterans back, the reps argument is dead in the water. I decided that we can still support Delphox, even if we don't get it in the roster anytime soon. After all, it took Ridley and King K. Rool fans over a decade to finally get what they wanted. Krystal ended up being an Assist Trophy, and she hasn't been in a Star Fox game in over a decade.

Here's Delzethin Delzethin 's video explaining a moveset for Delphox:

I won't count on it happening anytime soon, but it means a lot to show your support. 30 character IDs were apparently datamined, which means that we MAY get six years of DLC, with five fighters per year, but it's best to take it with a grain of salt. If we actually do get 30 more fighters, then we'd have over 100 in the roster!

When Delphox was first revealed, people hated it, especially since it had a bad 3D model. It didn't really have the best movepool, or typing either. Will Delphox ever make a grand comeback?

Supporters:
1. DelphoxFan97 DelphoxFan97

Last edited:
Top Bottom