• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dell XPS Integrated Webcam and Mic Problems

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Hi, all.

Figured I would ask here first. For some reason, out of the blue, my computer stopped recognizing that it had an integrated webcam and microphone. I've done all the trouble shooting, and nothing seems to work. The webcam and mic do not appear in the Device Manager section of my control panel, making this problem seem insolvable.

If anyone has any advice, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Are there any "unknown devices" in your device manager?

:phone:

Morin0

Smash Lord
^ This. I was going to suggest that as well, but before that, I think you should try System Restore. If Windows still doesn't recognize the mic and webcam after System Restore, you can try checking Device Manager. Any device, regardless if it's recognized by Windows or not, will show up there.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
I set a system restore back about 3 days, when it still worked, but I could go back farther.

There are no unknown devices in my Device Manager.
What I mean by it not recognizing the mic and webcam, is that it doesn't show up at all, under anything.

Top Bottom