• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I realized... Incineroar makes perfect sense as Fighter 69. with his fists engulfed in flames, and spinning around doing his lariat, of course, from the proper perspective the flames trailing from the fire emanating from his hands would create the number 69. I have created this mock up as a proof of concept:

D

Deleted member

Yeah my most wanted got in, but I still support Incineroar too. Us Crocodillians support it too. Well I do for sure. 69 would be a good spot for it.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool snuck on me somewhat. A lot changed in the last month regarding who people (or at least I) expect.

(Though as soon as I saw DK at the end, I figured there was a 99% chance it's K. Rool...I'd be interested to see what some of his ardent supporters reactions were. He seems fun and I really like the part of his trailer after it shows his final smash. If I had seen that one unofficial poll where he got 11.2% in Japan before then, I maybe could have seen it coming.)

But certainly, he was the most recurring Nintendo villain not yet in the game for those two months after Ridley. With Diddy in, there didn't seem to be any roadblocks.

But going back to the topic, I feel there's a chunk of the community (without much overlap with his supporters) that seems pretty convinced he will get in. Besides the prevalence of pokemon, and Vergeben,, are there any particular elements influencing it here?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think Incineroar is one of the few new Pokemon that'd interest me from a moveset standpoint, being a wrestler and all. I hope he makes it in. I'm thinking the Darkest Lariat would be the Side Special, but do any of you think it could be altered to have him flying up with it as a recovery?

I'm hoping he'll use other moves like Body Slam and Seismic Toss since those fit the wrestling style well. The of course give him a ton of fire moves too.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
If there is any leaker I trust in this cycle of Smash, it's Vergeben, and honestly, I'm not too mad about it. we have every character from past games, as well as a handful of newcomers, including the 2 huge character choices of Ridley & K. Rool. and that's not even factoring in the absurd amount of other things we've got, 100+ stages, more music than we can possibly listen to in a day, a mode we don't even know anything about yet, and god knows what else we'll be finding out about in the future. I'd have said i was satisfied a long time ago. Incineroar and Ken is just Icing on the cake at this point.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Vergeben has gotten too many things right to be coincidence. And nothing he said was fake either.

I’m still taking caution since it’s ultimately a text leak, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

D

Deleted member

Are you guys worried about how Incineroar will be depicted? I'm really hoping they'll ham up the pro wrestling and even let him speak with a human voice to trash talk his opponents. Anything less... would be civilized a bummer.

Since we're never going to see Starman or the Amazon in Smash Bros., I hope he is the rudo we deserve. Anyway, add me to the support list if you can.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I'm hopeful they over-exaggerate his moves to make him more flashy, but i don't think they'll give him a human voice, at best he'll use his name in some moves/taunts. but otherwise I just want him filled with personality. it pretty much goes against his entire concept if he's dull.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
If he gets in a trailer with another character, we could have "INCINEROAR is hot on their heels".
My dream scenario would be interrupting Hawlucha or King and a face off in the end. But since this is impossible, my other dream scenario would be a fighter coming to the ring and sees Incineroar standing tall over 3 defeated opponents, like in the anime (except that these 3 opponents would be 3 generic shadowy figures - I wouldn't want to see the Chrom situation for the other two starters).

Now that I'm thinking about it, Smash Bros doesn't have any playable cat yet, right?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Guzma is my dream 7th gen rep but Incineroar is my favorite final starter evolution so I'd be more than satisfied with him. I love wrestling - I actually was a wrestler for a spell there - so all the references and moves make me mark out, and the idea that we could get a legit pro wrestling moveset in Smash is super cool for me. I need some lariats and moonsaults and piledrivers in my future!

If we aren't getting Travis Touchdown and we aren't getting Interviewer/Wrestler from Rhythm Heaven and we aren't getting John Cena (jk) we need SOMEONE to represent the squared circle. I'm giving Incineroar my support!

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Told my friend months ago that if Incineroar gets in Smash, I want a Charizard vs Incineroar match with him. That's looking increasingly more likely to happen.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I support Incineroar. He was my starter of choice in Sun, and I love his personality. Fire starters are always my prefered choice in the Pokémon games, and Incineroar oozes with personality. He's so over the top, and his Z-move is hilariously fitting as a Final Smash. Plus, Ash is on track to getting an Incineroar himself, as well as the fact that it was seen in the 20th Pokémon movie. It's also currently a popular pick in VGC, thanks to Intimidate and Fake Out.

Charizard will always be my favorite Pokémon of all time, but Incineroar is my second favorite fire starter and he would definitely be fun to try out. I know people are decisive on his popularity, but Incineroar's whole gimmick is that he's a heel and embraces hate, so it's oddly fitting for his character. Hopefully Vergeben is correct on Incineroar's inclusion, Ken would be cool as well. I also do not believe in the box theory and expect a few more characters outside of those two.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Vegetable broth says he's in I knew it!

I'm so happy I made an icon for him in the deep end of all that owl support.

Klimax

Smash Ace
To be honest, I think that Vergeben is right. Come on, he never said something wrong ABOUT SMASH.
We can trust him.
I would like to scream "OH YEAH INCINEROAR IS IN THE GAME BABY" but hey, until I see him, I can't do it.
But I'm like 99,9% sure about his presence now.

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
It's finally time Incineroar fans, it's a steady climb to the sun and his final release!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Given Verg has outright stated Incineroar is in, this could be pretty huge. His info on other Fighting games might be spotty at best. Though his Smash info hasn't been wrong yet. So let's see if that keeps up.

D

Deleted member

This man Vergeben can't get a break sigh, I want to thank him for the news I apperciate it, also I know he can't hear this and probably dosen't care. But I want to apologize to Liam Robertson Doctor Cupcakes, said some stuff during the Shovel Knight hype that were rude, and dumb, I apologize to him and am sorry for being a douche to him. Hope he's doing well.

If Vergeben says Incineroar is in I believe him it's chances are greater then ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool snuck on me somewhat. A lot changed in the last month regarding who people (or at least I) expect.

(Though as soon as I saw DK at the end, I figured there was a 99% chance it's K. Rool...I'd be interested to see what some of his ardent supporters reactions were. He seems fun and I really like the part of his trailer after it shows his final smash. If I had seen that one unofficial poll where he got 11.2% in Japan before then, I maybe could have seen it coming.)

But certainly, he was the most recurring Nintendo villain not yet in the game for those two months after Ridley. With Diddy in, there didn't seem to be any roadblocks.

But going back to the topic, I feel there's a chunk of the community (without much overlap with his supporters) that seems pretty convinced he will get in. Besides the prevalence of pokemon, and Vergeben,, are there any particular elements influencing it here?
If Sakurai was going to use the ballot to pick newcomers for this game, K. Rool was nearly guaranteed in my mind.

As someone who was in the K. Rool discord when it was live, I can tell you we were losing our minds. People were crying while his trailer played.

Here's the thread starting with the first post after his confirmation if you want a fun read.

Last edited:

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
I'm surprised they went with another Fire Type, but I love the wrestler angle and am excited to see what hit kit could be.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I never played Sun and Moon, so at first Incineroar didn't seem appealing.

Then I learned that it's powered by hatred and now I want it so bad! I'm not even big on wrestling but a heel is something that could serve as a Pokémon psuedo-villain [there's also the Dark type angle]. I was adamant that we weren't getting a Pokémon but Incineroar just sounds appealing now.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Goodday Incineroar Fans! I'm a person who doesn't mind having a new Pokemon join the roster aslong as they bring something unique to the table that isn't exactly full-on covered by a already pre-existing fighter BUT to also help represent a Pokemon Typing that haven't been properly showcased in Smash Bros before (for example; does Lucario really showcase what a Steel-Type could do). In Incineroar case, it's to properly represent the Dark-typing though it's rather brutal behaviour & it's various dirty tactics, whist also filling in the gap of being Smash first grappling-focused character due to being based upon Wrestlers, more precisely a heel (the bad guys in Wrestling).

All in all, I swear my allegiance to, & would just be absolutely thrilled to see our Violent Egotistical Incineroar make it's entrance into the ring & Smashing amongst the Nintendo Greats!!!

TL:DR - I swear my allegiance to the Mon of the Ring!

Last edited:

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'd call myself a Pokemon fan though I didn't pick up Sun/Moon as I was kind of tired of the 3DS at that point, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming Switch games for sure (2019 def more so). Just want to say even though I don't have the connection to Incineroar I'm sure most you have since I never played his game or had him on my squad so to speak, I absolutely love his design and am really glad he has a good chance of being in, especially with Verg leaking him earlier today. Still keeping my expectations in check since a leak is still a leak no matter who it is, but I'd say we have a great chance.

Also, is anyone else dying to see his 7 alt colors? I don't think I've ever wanted to see anyone else's alts more than Incineroar, I just love his design.

Last edited:

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
Just joined today, but absolutely count me in as an Incineroar supporter!

While I do love Primarina and Decidueye, I've gotta root for my favorite fire cat for Smash! Even more so since things seem to be looking up for him! Incineroar was a huge team player in my Moon team (along with Tsareena and Bewear, of course), so I'm especially fond of him!

Here's hoping he gets in! With K. Rool and hopefully him, I'd be 100% happy with the roster!

D

Deleted member

If Incineroar is getting added, I can main him along with Mario, Link, and King K. Rool.

I'll be bad with all 4 but it's four characters I like so I'm down.

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
Regardless of how great Incineroar will be in the game, I'm definitely going to main him. He'll undoubtedly be my #1 character in the entire roster. Probably for all Smash games

Last edited:

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Here's my attempt at a moveset.

Malicious Moonsault.gif

Final Smash: Malicious Moonsault

Throat Chop.gif

Up B: Throat Chop
A recovery move that acts as a command grab similar to Cap. Falcon's up B with a little more startup lag and a little more air speed. The difference is that Incineroar throws the opponent downward and he does not kick back when he does.

Darkest Lariat2.gif

Down B: Darkest Lariat

Acts similar to a grounded link's up b. Has some invincibility frames and is a good get off me tool. Can be charged to increase power and rpm.

Flamethrower.gif

Neutral B: Flamethrower
Unlike charizard or bowser's flamethower, this projectile will be a fast, powerful stream of fire. This move must be charged for 2-3 seconds before unleashing. It will deal multihit properties and has final strong hitbox. It travels the same distance of a pk fire and the hitboxes are active for 1-2 seconds.

Side B: Seismic Toss
Incineroar lunges forward for a grab similar to ridleys side b. Basically a command grab that results in a piledriver like bowsers side b

Bulk Up.gif

Taunt: Bulk Up
This move gives Incineroar a temporary buff (think of deep breathing). The startup for this move is 3 seconds and cannot be canceled. The buff lasts for 7 seconds and gives incineroar the following: 20% knockback/damage reduction, 20% damage increase. Chargeable specials can be charged 20% faster too.

Cross Chop.gif

Fair: Cross Chop
Double slash attack with similar frame data to charizard's fair

Bair: Backfist
Does a quick spinning backfist with low endlag. Similar to ice climber's bair.

Nair: Twirl
Quickly twirls in the air in a fetal position

Dair: Body Slam
Does a quick twirl in the air and quickly slams down with his stomach

Uair: Slash
Slashes in a wide circular arc above similar to Ike's new uair. Not as disjointed, but faster startup.

Throat Chop (punch).gif

Fsmash: Throat Chop (punch variant)
Similar power and frame data to Ryu's Fsmash

Dsmash:
Similar to Bowser's new dsmash, slightly weaker and faster.

USmash:
Slashes high in the air with a small leap like megaman's utilt. Does the twirl as well.

Ftilt:
Quickly kicks forward like captain falcon's ftilt

Utilt:
Quickly punches both arms above his head as if doing a victory pose

Dtilt:
Sweeping leg kick like Ryu's dmash. Weaker and much less end endlag.

Jab: Fury Swipes
Simple 1-2-3 jab similar to Charizard's

Dthrow:
Suplex opponent to the ground but does not cause knockback (like Snake's dthrow)

Uthrow:
Like K Rool's Uthrow

Fthrow:
Similar to Kirby's fthrow

Bthrow:
Similar to Mario's back throw

Attachments

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Also here to throw my support in the ring (heh) for Incineroar. A few months ago I was definitely bandwagoning onto Decidueye, and to an extent this is probably bandwagoning as well. The difference is, after being a bit more honest with myself, I definitely have an attachment to the character.

The thing is I think Sakurai has a camera in my house or something specifically to see what starter Pokemon pick. If Incineroar gets in, this is the third team he's picked my starter.

Pokemon FireRed I picked Charizard -> Charizard is the fully evolved one in Brawl
Pokemon X I picked Greninja -> Greninja is added in Smash 4
Pokemon Sun I picked Incineroar -> Incineroar is (possibly) added in Ultimate

Here's a question, do you think he'd run on two legs (like in the games) or all fours (like the anime .gif above)? Or would it maybe be a K. Rool situation where he walks on two and runs on four?

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
Also here to throw my support in the ring (heh) for Incineroar. A few months ago I was definitely bandwagoning onto Decidueye, and to an extent this is probably bandwagoning as well. The difference is, after being a bit more honest with myself, I definitely have an attachment to the character.

The thing is I think Sakurai has a camera in my house or something specifically to see what starter Pokemon pick. If Incineroar gets in, this is the third team he's picked my starter.

Pokemon FireRed I picked Charizard -> Charizard is the fully evolved one in Brawl
Pokemon X I picked Greninja -> Greninja is added in Smash 4
Pokemon Sun I picked Incineroar -> Incineroar is (possibly) added in Ultimate

Here's a question, do you think he'd run on two legs (like in the games) or all fours (like the anime .gif above)? Or would it maybe be a K. Rool situation where he walks on two and runs on four?
Id assume he'd run on two legs, though i could see both working. Honestly I don't mind what we get, as long as he's in I couldn't be happier.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If Incineroar is a grappler-type, then some of his non-special moves could be command grabs.

View attachment 164885
Up B: Throat Chop
A recovery move that acts as a command grab similar to Cap. Falcon's up B. The difference is that Incineroar throws the opponent downward and he does not kick back when he does.
So, basically, Ganoncide that doesn't kill the user... that sounds rather OP.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
If Incineroar is a grappler-type, then some of his non-special moves could be command grabs.

So, basically, Ganoncide that doesn't kill the user... that sounds rather OP.
IDK, maybe balance it with some startup lag. Also, the move is more punishable than ganoncide since it travels vertically and then puts him into freefall. And also it does not guarantee a kill until maybe mid-high percents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom