• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
I would like to join the support list. While Decidueye is my favorite Gen 7 starter I used an Incineroar in Ultra Sun and he was one of the best Pokemon on my team and he would bring a unique wrestling fighting style to Smash.

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
Looks like no Incineroar today guys. Don't worry! The day is on the horizon, maybe even the next reveal!

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Welp Isabelle was in Vergeben

Vergeben said the best guess is Incineroar

Looks like we are in cloud 9
Correction, Vergeben claimed his sources simply said that the Gen 7 rep was NOT Decidueye, Mimikyu or Lycanroc.

That's not to say that Incineroar isn't the most obvious choice (for me he is, but I digress), just wanted to clear this up. The Heel Pokemon's chances have certainly risen now, though.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Correction, Vergeben claimed his sources simply said that the Gen 7 rep was NOT Decidueye, Mimikyu or Lycanroc.

That's not to say that Incineroar isn't the most obvious choice (for me he is, but I digress), just wanted to clear this up. The Heel Pokemon's chances have certainly risen now, though.

One of Vergeben smash sources said Incineroar, heard him from other non smash sources.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they will announce Incineroar in a Pokemon Direct or he can be shown in a trailer next month if they do a standalone trailer.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Though Incineroar is my least favorite Gen 7 Starter and I'd like other Pokemon instead of him, I'll throw my support here!

A new Pokemon rep, regardless of who it is, is always welcome to me. :)

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Incineroar will be the next reveal in October, uploaded like Robin perhaps. Then November will have the final Smash Direct with the last characters, likely ballot related.

D

Deleted member

Incineroar chances are good as ever looking, pretty good now.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
There is a LOT of buzz going around right now that Incineroar is the most-likely newcomer at this point. Between Verge and the "Dante Leak," a lot of people are expecting it now. I say take it with a grain of salt, but its interesting to see so much talk of it now.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
So the box artwork has caused quite a bit of stir now. I could see it holding true as apparently it's only 6 weeks away for the box to be finalized, so I can easily see it turning out to be true. With that said, a Pokemon rep could be one of those since even the music theory works well for them. Stage could be a hindrance though, but it's possible Sakurai waited for data from Game Freak to decide on which Pokemon to throw in and figured the past stages had Pokemon covered good enough for the last addition to the roster at base.

Things could be looking good for Incineroar! Well except get ready for all the other fanboys and girls to attack the character like savage animals like poor Isabelle got a taste of. But he is a heel, so I guess it works? :p

Eldrake

Smash Lord
If Incineroar is the next newcomer, that would make it No. 69. The meme potential is there.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
seems like a lot of pieces just fell into Incineroar's favor. a lot of Vergeben's claims have been pretty accurate, the Box theory coupled with his claims insinuates at least an echo for the last 9 characters of the unseen side (possibly Ken?), and the Music theory still holds true for the Pokemon franchise. not bad for a character I honestly haven't been expecting. I'm fairly excited about this now actually!

if i were to guess on who would be a part of its reveal, i'd say Little Mac, Dedede, and/or maybe Pikachu Libre, as they all have a fighting ring involved in their designs (boxer, Masked Dedede, and Wrestler Pokemon variant respectively).

as for it being number 69... well, I'm pretty sure that's been a joke already, plus it does have the charm for it.
Incineroar Wink.gif

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
(Mark me down as a supporter by the way)

I'm profoundly sick of the way people who don't like him are treating him, saying he has no fans or that he wouldn't be hype and talking about how they want Geno or whoever.

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
I have a strong feeling that once he's actually revealed most of the people who dislike him will change their minds pretty quickly once they see him in action. I don't think it'll be as big of a salt fest as most people are expecting.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
It's kinda funny how much hate one character brings. Of course, anyone knows that causing massive salt is what a heel is all about.

I am hoping years down the road that Incineroar will transcend its generation and be a main face (no pun intended) of Pokemon the way Lucario/Blaziken/Geninja/etc have. Even without Smash, I hope to see it pop up in Pokemon promotions and games like the other main creatures.

I know when Gen 8 comes out, and if it will have compatibility with Pokemon Bank (which there's no reason for it not to), I'll be porting over a Litten to be part of my main crew again. Heck, Litten-Incineroar will always be my go-to starter for every Pokemon game.

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the levels of salt if Incineroar is chosen will be high because the opportunities of another characters are dwindling. The Box theory, may or not be true, made a lot of people realize that there may be less opportunities for their character to enter the game than they thought at first and they are getting more and more pessimistic. It doesn't happen in this thread because Incineroar is the one who is more prominent on the "leaks" but it's far from certain. I have high hopes for him to be in, though.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda funny how much hate one character brings. Of course, anyone knows that causing massive salt is what a heel is all about.

I am hoping years down the road that Incineroar will transcend its generation and be a main face (no pun intended) of Pokemon the way Lucario/Blaziken/Geninja/etc have. Even without Smash, I hope to see it pop up in Pokemon promotions and games like the other main creatures.

I know when Gen 8 comes out, and if it will have compatibility with Pokemon Bank (which there's no reason for it not to), I'll be porting over a Litten to be part of my main crew again. Heck, Litten-Incineroar will always be my go-to starter for every Pokemon game.
One problem I've always had is that I'm a big pokemon fan, but none of the pokemon that have made it into smash so far (or get pushed in general) have been ones I've actually wanted.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm quite happy with the roster as it is now, I got my boys Snake and Simon in alongside my girl Isabelle, Incineroar would be the cherry on top.

I really don't buy into the box theory, since it's so much like the many other "slots" theories we've had before that been debunked. Only time will tell, but I'm happy with the game so far.

One problem I've always had is that I'm a big pokemon fan, but none of the pokemon that have made it into smash so far (or get pushed in general) have been ones I've actually wanted.
That's fair enough. This is the first time any of my favorites actually stood a chance of getting in, and so it's exciting to me. Even if it doesn't make it in, I'm happy to see Incineroar get some form of recognition from the fans. I just don't want it to become one of the forgotten 'Mons, though it's place in competitive seems to indicate it has a nice lifespan ahead of it.

Out of curiousity, since you mentioned it, which Pokemon are your favorites?

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Admittedly, Smash otherwise has been kind to me in places. When I was young, it gave me meta knight and helped introduce me to mgs.

I was one of the biggest supporters for Cloud, though my moment was stolen from me due to hotel internet. I pushed Ridley somewhat but by the time he was revealed, while it was still a big deal and I'm glad he's in, that wore off somewhat. (BTW, child me would have been really happy if Shadow gets in like people thought.) I was also pleasantly surprised by Richter.

Favorite pokemon is tough because I wasn't expecting that, but I can name some that I can think of off the top of my head. (Admittedly, pokken does have some that interest me, I haven't really played it though rip.)

Nidoking, Swampert, Staraptor, Gallade, Garchomp, Serperior, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Lilligant, Sylveon, Golisopod, Vikavolt.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
It's always great to see what Sakurai brings into the series, especially when he goes for the less than obvious choices. I can't say I ever saw Cloud coming, but his inclusion was one of the most exciting (though we really do need more music from his game). The good news is that there's something for everyone, and I expect to see a few more big surprises before the game is over.

Also, good taste in Pokemon. Especially Nidoking, he's always been one of my go-to party members.

UserKev

Smash Champion
(Mark me down as a supporter by the way)

I'm profoundly sick of the way people who don't like him are treating him, saying he has no fans or that he wouldn't be hype and talking about how they want Geno or whoever.
Its honestly the Deci supporters. I'm starting to feel bad for them now, really. After Mimikyu was de-confirmed, Incineroar snuck up on them. A user on here I consider the face of Decidueye supporters grew a weird hate for Mimikyu that totally translated to Incineroar as of late.

After seeing that Incineroar fan art tho, I'm really hyped for it now. Incineroar has an exciting design like, I want to see what this guy can do.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
It's always great to see what Sakurai brings into the series, especially when he goes for the less than obvious choices. I can't say I ever saw Cloud coming, but his inclusion was one of the most exciting (though we really do need more music from his game). The good news is that there's something for everyone, and I expect to see a few more big surprises before the game is over.

Also, good taste in Pokemon. Especially Nidoking, he's always been one of my go-to party members.
Nidoking was my original favorite from when I was a kid pretty much.

As for the less obvious choices, it's died down recently, but a lot of the leak discourse revolved around the outliers that past games have had.

(Duck Hunt was a heck of a thing.)

VexTheHex

Smash Ace

I found it funny before the direct everyone was rooting for each other and going into opposing threads wishing them luck. Isabelle got shown and suddenly every support thread had people tearing into her! It was so savage and silly especially seeing most people recognized Animal Crossing and Isebelle would be likely.

But ya, I notice more and more are getting salty towards Incineroar and the Pokemon cast in general. Hell, I'd love Zeke or Julie from Zombies Ate my Neighbors, but I know they have 0 shot and won't be blaming Pokemon and Animal Crossing for taking a slot! How dare they promote actual living series and characters?!?! The madness!

Nidoking, Swampert, Staraptor, Gallade, Garchomp, Serperior, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Lilligant, Sylveon, Golisopod, Vikavolt.
Golisopod with Guzma in the background would be amazing. Guzma has been one of the best NPCs.

Guzma Laugh.gif

It was nice to get a villain who actually could be redeemed and wasn't some pure evil nutcase. He's just some damaged thug ( hinted there was domestic abuse at his home with the dented golf clubs) taking in others like him and has the anger issues stirring in him. Better than all the "I'm going to kill everybody"" villains. :I

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The reaction to Isabelle largely proves what an echo chamber SmashBoards can be. Go on Tumblr and Twitter and you'll see tons of hype, memes, fanart, etc. the same way you would here for K. Rool and Ridley. She is very popular... just not with the hardcore Smash fanbase that obsesses over ballot polls and design documents. New Leaf's ~12 million buyers didn't just disappear into the void.

Hell, Isabelle's Twitter has almost 200k followers.

If Incineroar is announced next, it'll only get worse for these people. A lot of folks assumed there wouldn't be a Pokemon because this is the "ballot game."

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I found it funny before the direct everyone was rooting for each other and going into opposing threads wishing them luck. Isabelle got shown and suddenly every support thread had people tearing into her! It was so savage and silly especially seeing most people recognized Animal Crossing and Isebelle would be likely.

But ya, I notice more and more are getting salty towards Incineroar and the Pokemon cast in general. Hell, I'd love Zeke or Julie from Zombies Ate my Neighbors, but I know they have 0 shot and won't be blaming Pokemon and Animal Crossing for taking a slot! How dare they promote actual living series and characters?!?! The madness!

Golisopod with Guzma in the background would be amazing. Guzma has been one of the best NPCs.

View attachment 164470

It was nice to get a villain who actually could be redeemed and wasn't some pure evil nutcase. He's just some damaged thug ( hinted there was domestic abuse at his home with the dented golf clubs) taking in others like him and has the anger issues stirring in him. Better than all the "I'm going to kill everybody"" villains. :I
The salt has always been there for Incineroar, even before Smash was announced. Everytime something good happened for it such as Litten's prominence in the anime or its appearance in the movie, not to mention the additional moves and ability it got in-game, a good portion of fans would pitch a fit. I get the criticisms of it, but what I don't get is the outright seething hatred for it. Though, should it make it into Smash, I do expect a tantrum to dwarf the salt that sprang from Isabelle (though all the salt she's caused this week will make playing as her online in Mario Kart tonight all the more sweeter for me).

Also, I'd kill for Disney (now that they own LucasFilm/LucasArts) to do anything, ANYTHING, with Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Its honestly the Deci supporters. I'm starting to feel bad for them now, really. After Mimikyu was de-confirmed, Incineroar snuck up on them. A user on here I consider the face of Decidueye supporters grew a weird hate for Mimikyu that totally translated to Incineroar as of late.

After seeing that Incineroar fan art tho, I'm really hyped for it now. Incineroar has an exciting design like, I want to see what this guy can do.
For some reason, Decidueye fans and Incineroar fans have some sort of rivalry between them. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a good deal of anger from its fans should 'Roar get in over Deci.

The fanart is great, I love the ones where Incineroar gets portrayed as a good friend with its trainer. It's a total "bro-mon."

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
The salt
For some reason, Decidueye fans and Incineroar fans have some sort of rivalry between them. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a good deal of anger from its fans should 'Roar get in over Deci.

The fanart is great, I love the ones where Incineroar gets portrayed as a good friend with its trainer. It's a total "bro-mon."
The rivalry is stupid. I love both of those guys and had a playthrough with each of them. Decidueye is in Pokken, why not let Incineroar have his time in Smash?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
The rivalry is stupid. I love both of those guys and had a playthrough with each of them. Decidueye is in Pokken, why not let Incineroar have his time in Smash?
I agree with you there, it's always been petty and childish. All three of Alola's starters are fantastic designs and concepts and, if you ask me, the best trio of starters the series has seen. I say pay the tantrums no mine, or have a laugh at their childishness, and keep on loving what you love and supporting who you like.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've said it before, Pokemon is bigger than Jesus. It's literally the highest grossing media franchise of all time.

A Pokemon character in Smash is just an inevitability. If it makes one feel better about "stealing slots," just consider the roster slots "X characters + a Pokemon newcomer," because that "slot" can always be considered barred away.

Or just not obsess over stealing slots and realize development and character choices are more complicated than that.

UserKev

Smash Champion

Like I once stated, just give the Deci fans what they want because they must really need it. Decidueye/DLC but Incineraor gets in the base game. Haha
They'll probably use the Skull Kid Hyrule Warriors argument Haha but Zelda is in dire need of new representation other than the triforce, technically only 3 characters. Sheik is basically becoming non existent.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Like I once stated, just give the Deci fans what they want because they must really need it. Decidueye/DLC but Incineraor gets in the base game. Haha

They'll probably use the Skull Kid Hyrule Warriors argument Haha but Zelda is in dire need of new representation other than the triforce, technically only 3 characters. Sheik is basically becoming non existent.
I like that idea. Give us a second character as DLC and everyone wins.

StormC

Smash Hero
Eh... I'd rather just one gets in personally. Two SM Pokemon would be pretty excessive, even for DLC.

We'll probably get a gen 8 mon as DLC anyway.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
If he gets in a trailer with another character, we could have "INCINEROAR is hot on their heels".

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't worry every character has their naysayers,It's popular choice with fans deserves to in.

Top Bottom