• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DekZek's Texture Shack: Requests: [OPEN]

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
This is where I will show off the texture mods I am working on/have finished. Most of these will be character texture mods with both Brawl and Smash 3/3C versions. My mods will include all edited textures alongside their Gimp (.xcf) files, and of course the character files themselves with the textures implemented.

I do take requests, but on a few conditions (so I don't get flooded). One request per person at a time. It will take a while for me to complete any given request, especially if I have not made one before for said character. Requests are taken on a first come first serve basis.

If you want to talk to me and see Teasers of my textures, feel free to join the Modding Workshop Discord group.

:toonlink:
:dedede:
Gordo Dedede
Dedede Clones (Temporary Google Drive Link)
Smash 4 Dedede Alts
:pit:
:olimar:
:substitute:

P.S. I don't have the Gimp files for Palutena Sheik, so making a costume would require re-creating them.

All Completed mods, regardless or not if they have a Brawl Vault entry, can be accessed through my Google Drive.

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I got permission for one of my mods, so I am revealing what it is. http://gamebanana.com/skins/145574 By Ethj. It will come with both a Brawl Style version and a Smash 3 style version (Note, the Brawl Version uses the diagonal stripes as in the original costume, just recolored). There will be CSPs and stuff, but it will just be ripped directly from the Smash 4 mod (I can't render). I will add a custom made SI (not too much work, I can edit in 2D) as well. Edited the OP accordingly

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Could anyone help me find an image converter? All the links I found led to a Dropbox link that had I couldn't access because too much traffic. Once I have that, I can try working on setting up the BrawlVault links (I have the compressed files, I just need the images so my mods aren't reported).

On another note, I finished my Olimar recolor (way easier than I though it would be). Same requirements as well before I can release it, I need an image converter. (Minor difference I was talking about earlier is that you can have a version with either the Hocotate Freight logo or the PM logo).

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to @Obskore, I am getting Bin2Jpg from a mirror. Also, I put up my completed texture mods onto Google Drive, you can see them here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByLw2nz66lbjQ1pKa1hadmVXbGs . I also have another texture edit for Ness in the works, requested by one of my friends. The skin is going to be Ness based on Brian from Quest 64.

EDIT: I cannot make the CSP, BP, and SI for Gordo Dedede because the image I was using didn't have a transparent background like I was expecting.

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I going to upload all of my finished work to Brawl Vault later today. Just need to fix a minor issue, and I found someone who can get the images for me after that's resolved. Also, 1. I got permission for Phosphora Pit, and 2. I checked, I can make S3 and S3C versions relatively easily.

EDIT: I solved the minor issue I mentioned before. I cannot guarantee a release on Brawl Vault today, as the person who is making the images might not be able to finish them today. Either way, the files are there in the Google Drive.

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Okay... This will take longer than one day (Probably 1.5 at this rate), but I might as well say what it is. I am making the food from the Kirby Café go over the Brawl Food. It will come in High Quality versions (512 x 512), and Wii Versions (64x64). So far, I have finished recreating 9 of the items out of the 15 food items.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Phosphora Pit is almost ready for release. Just working on the last two textures, fixing up one of the Brawl textures, and I already have someone taking the images for me. I show sneak peeks of my work on Discord (READ: Every texture as I finish working on them), https://discord.gg/eYS5KGx and the channel is #dekzek-shack

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Another Mod I started and finished today, but can't release on Brawl Vault until I have in-game images (If you can get them and convert them so I can use them, reply with the images. So long as they are decent quality and in a format I can use, idc). The mod recreates all of the Smash 4 Dedede alternate costumes in Brawl, and edits some costumes to match their colors in Smash 4. Here is the Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByLw2nz66lbjcTJIUFZ2RjlUNEU&usp=sharing

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
No, nor have I made any progress on any of my mods. School started last week so can't be on my computer as often, but I still have my school issued ipad (which cant do ****). Mostly what I am doing is finding images for hacks on Brawl Vault using the Wayback Machine, since that is within the range of what the school can't stop.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I'm still alive. Releasing one of my older hacks today, since I finally got images thanks to @Cynapse. I have my next project set up and its a collaboration. For the teaser, check my Modding Workshop Thread. (Tink in the OP)

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
The secret collaboration I have been working on is finished. Just need to get images, and then I can release it on Brawl Vault. I only leaked the images to a few people.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Since I can almost never seem to get images for my mods on my own, and there are people who want requests, I have an idea. I am accepting requests, so long as 1. it's in my skill range (If I want to break my limits, its going to be on my terms) and 2. You provide images for one of my hacks with the request AND images for the request after I finish it. So long as the images you provide are of decent quality, it is mostly on a first come first serve basis.

P.S. One of my hacks that has already been released will be updated soon. HYPE.

Also, I do requests at my own pace. I cannot work much during the weekdays, and if you pester me about your request I will take it off my list.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Now that I have enough time (3 Day weekend), I got images for all of my mods. I will upload them to Brawl Vault, then update the OP. Also, the collab is finished.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Really liking the textures you have listed in your OP.

If you have time, I think a texture for Bluster Kong (from the Donkey Kong Country TV series) would be a hilarious option to explore. Do you think he would be doable?

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Really liking the textures you have listed in your OP.

If you have time, I think a texture for Bluster Kong (from the Donkey Kong Country TV series) would be a hilarious option to explore. Do you think he would be doable?

Judging from that image, creating a hack for that would require vertex editing the cuffs, the mustache and the hairdo. Assuming you would want it over :dk2:. Like I think I said (let me check), I don't know how to do vertex edits.

If I were doing solely a texture based on this, I would make the cuffs with a white "block" and then slightly texture it to match the color you want, and add golden buttons from Mario. The mustache could be added just with textures, but it would look weird without its own vertices. There is no way I would be able to replicate the hairdo.

Now that you know the limits of what I can do (I can't change the hair, the mustache would be just a texture, and the cuffs would be fur-tight), do you still want me to work on this?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Judging from that image, creating a hack for that would require vertex editing the cuffs, the mustache and the hairdo. Assuming you would want it over :dk2:. Like I think I said (let me check), I don't know how to do vertex edits.

If I were doing solely a texture based on this, I would make the cuffs with a white "block" and then slightly texture it to match the color you want, and add golden buttons from Mario. The mustache could be added just with textures, but it would look weird without its own vertices. There is no way I would be able to replicate the hairdo.

Now that you know the limits of what I can do (I can't change the hair, the mustache would be just a texture, and the cuffs would be fur-tight), do you still want me to work on this?
Yeah, if it's gonna be that difficult, I wouldn't bother. Maybe you could try something like Manky Kong instead? (the color scheme, not the head shape)

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I finally managed to take a look, and Donkey Kong's textures are way to complicated for me to understand how to work with. Since all of the fur looks exactly the same (And there are 3 textures dedicated to said fur), I don't even know what I would have to edit for Bluster. Manky would also run into similar issues, because I would have to find the hair above the face, and the bottom of the chest, since those can't simply be colored orange. And this is ignoring that I still would need to find a way to get rid of the tie.

TL;DR Donkey Kong's textures are way too complicated because of the fur for me to make any decent quality hacks.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I'm not dead.

No, this is not a necropost, it has meaning.

I am updating all of my past mods with new menu assets and other miscellaneous updates. You can tell these by how their preview is a single image instead of three previews, and they will link to an album.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I am working on my next mod, and I already have some leeks there. Feel free to guess what it is, just don't guess correctly. Otherwise, you might get a (Not banning, I don't have anywhere near those permissions) hammer.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I finished my most recent hack, a retexture of King Dedede to match the Dedede Clones in Kirby: Planet Robobot. Temporary Download Link here. It's based off a Smash 4 mod, which can be seen here. I'm also working on another mod, as a request. Other than that it's for a character much more detailed than anything else I've done so far, I'm not saying more.

LEEK

Top Bottom