• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dehydrated Ichthyoid's Melee Extravaganza 1 Results

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Doubles (9 Entrants)

1: I grab, you knee (Denthorn & Dr Drew) ($63.00)
2: 1017 Brick Squad (Kush & MimicMew) ($27.00)
3: Giggle Squirt (waterless fish & Thoraxe)
4: Team (GlibbyGlobby & Admiral)
5: Zach + Vio (Zachattack & Violetlink)
5: Axe Cop & Dinosaur Soldier (Oracle & Awestin)
7: Metaknight (Problemo & F-hero)
7: Jesus on Bethlehem (Chad & Mr. QW)
9: Team 3 (Scotch & Drug)

Singles (26 Entrants)

1: Glibby Globby ($78.00) :falcomelee:
2: Drew ($39.00) :sheikmelee:
3: Admiral ($13.00) :popo:
4: The TO(Gabe) :fox:
5: JK Trowling (Mew) :falconmelee: :marthmelee::falcomelee:
5: Denthorn :falconmelee:
7: Awestin :039:
7: OJ da Juiceman :falconmelee:
9: Zachattax :marthmelee:
9: Problemo :linkmelee:
9: Penguin :falconmelee: :falcomelee:
9: Thoraxe :falcomelee:
13: Gentle Breeze :falcomelee:
13: fernando
13: Oracle
13: Mr. QW
17: Scotch :falconmelee:
17: Mike
17: Duke
17: Drug
17: I'm Dirty Dan :sheikmelee:
17: Door
17: Isaac :falcomelee: :marthmelee:
17: Chris
25: Violet :nessmelee:
25: Will

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
1. Glibby Globby - We finally played a few friendlies, but only after certain factors had come into effect >.> I think we had some OK games despite how mediocre I was playing though, hope we can play more next time
2. Dr. Drew - I liked your Fox :3
3. Admiral - Some good friendlies, I hope we meet in bracket next time
4. WaterlessFishie - <3<3<3
5. MimicMew - #TaiNation #SS
9. Zachattax - Thanks for recording everything
9. Problemo - not gonna lie your Link had me sweatin' for a minute, ggs

Shoutouts to all the new people as well, thanks for coming out. I want to see all of you at DIME 2 :)

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
Uhh... If I remember correctly I lost first round and then beat violet and scotch, and then got knocked out by Zach. So... I'm confused by this picture.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
thank you for telling me. the entire bracket had to be recreated so I took a guess at it. I'll fix it momentarily. I was thinking you did better than that lol

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
2: Drew - Other people aren't supposed to know low tier! I don't even know low tier! Q_Q Congrats on 2nd in singles and 1st in teams.
3: Admiral - Congrats on taking 3rd! That's awesome that you have an internship. Have a good time in Georgia.
4: Gabe - Great tournament. It sucks that Sethlon discontinued hosting these, so I'm glad you're picking it up for the community.
5: Mew - Man, we didn't get to play this time did we? Oh well. :[ maybe next time.
5: Denthorn - Congrats on 1st in teams!
7: Awestin - There's a word to describe Jigglypuff, and it's a synonym for homosexual.
9: Zachattax - #Mew2Prince
9: Penguin - Honestly, that was the best I've played using Link in a really really long time, then I proceeded to not play that well the rest of the day. You kicked my !@# in friendlies afterwords. You're punish game is really good.
13: Violet - Always awesome to see new faces. Most smashboards advertised tournaments are littered with good players, so expect most rounds to be a challenge.
13. fernando - Thanks for the ride man. I'm glad you came out to play. I'll talk to you later about future smashfests and stuff.

D

Deleted member

All of the matches would be uploaded by now, but my brother shut down my computer because I was uploading. He said "You're uploading too many videos and making my league matches slow, so **** you" and thus I couldn't finish. I'll try to later on tonight or tomorrow. >.>
1: Glibby Globby ($78.00) - How did I take a game off of you? You're so good!
2: Drew ($39.00) - Thank ****ing god I didn't play you in singles. I hate you...r character.
3: Admiral ($13.00) - Who were you? Sorry, I get people mixed up.
4: The TO(Gabe) - We should play sometime, we never did. That damn frosty lol.
5: JK Trowling (Mew) - You read me all day
5: Denthorn - You're always fun to talk to and give good advice. I'll touch your beard some day.
7: Awestin - YOUR PUFF IS GAY AS ****
9: Zachattax - You placed well out of 25 people, even if your bracket was easy
9: Problemo - Doubles was sick
9: Penguin - I know I can beat you, stop getting ****ing dreamland on random :mad:
9: Thoraxe - Play luigiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
13: Gentle Breeze - TIP D SMASH GG SON
13: fernando - Tch, telling me my spacing is bad when I'm beating you every game.
13: Oracle - You're always fun to talk with, but sometimes I feel like you're an ass.
17: Scotch - Maybe you shouldn't bring your brother to tournaments, he didn't seem like he had fun and he didn't have a controller. But I hope you yourself had fun at your first tournament.
17: Mike - Did you even ****ing know how to play the game? I had to help you ON THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN
17: I'm Dirty Dan - NO I'M DIRTY DAN
17: Door - Your name is so weird
25: Violet - Thanks for teaming, we pulled through teams and got to 4th round in losers WITH NESS. Props to you, I hope you visit the scene more and practice with us :)

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah shoutouts to Dirty Dan, your sheik is pretty good (for a sheik)

9: Penguin - I know I can beat you, stop getting ****ing dreamland on random :mad:
***** we can play on FoD idgaf I'll still win

D

Deleted member

I'll beat you in a game. I swear I will, I lose on dreamland every game though :(

D

Deleted member

Pausing is pausing.
Also, I'm sorry, but 2 players with 2 stocks each vs 1 player with 1 stock. I'll take a stock off of you. Plus, you still had 3 stocks in total and I pulled it off.

D

Deleted member

All of the matches would be uploaded by now, but my brother shut down my computer because I was uploading. He said "You're uploading too many videos and making my league matches slow, so **** you" and thus I couldn't finish. I'll try to later on tonight or tomorrow. >.>
17: Door - Your name is so weird
25: Violet - Thanks for teaming, we pulled through teams and got to 4th round in losers WITH NESS. Props to you, I hope you visit the scene more and practice with us :)

My friend went as 'Door' because my nickname tag was 'Trap'.
We where known as Trap and Door. haha. No one got the joke. Next time we should be 'Shny' and 'Teth'. (For those who never had a childhood or don't get the reference, see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcQeeWmgrE4)

Thanks for teaming with me Zack! I do want to practice with you sometime. I played some Project M today and I've almost got my DJCs down for Ness.

Also, some of those matches are up on YouTube, they are just private.

I still don't know how I lost it all in singles. I just stopped caring after the first match I guess. I guess I was worn out and nervous.

Oracle

Smash Master
fun tournament. good to see you guys again, and always nice to see new faces even if this game is garbage :troll: awestin and I are taking teams next time we're actually gonna practice

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
shout outs:
1: Glibby Globby - Congrats on winning the whole thing. I wish i had played friendlies with you on Saturday, but I guess I'll have to be content with the games I did play with you. You give like worst advice. :rolleyes:
2: Drew - Man I'm salty with the way our set went. I know I can do way better than that, I just get pretty nervous in tournament, especially when I feel it's a set that can go either way. GGs though, can grats on 2nd and winning teams. You and Denthorn definitely deserved it imo.
3: Admiral - Thanks for coming up to my first tournament with Kevin, and grats on getting 3rd. You definitely had to beat some tough people to get there. Please don't go to Georgia, who else is gonna have the bomb ass Houston housing? :c
4: The TO(Gabe) - stop getting nervous and play like you know you can and you'll be aight #DFWFalconSlayer
5: JK Trowling (Mew) - Being the guy that beats up on everyone in Plano, we're gonna john for you when you lose. :colorful: But I really wish you would try your hardest one of these days, sometimes I feel like you enjoy losing or something cause you go out of your way to put yourself in a position where you're gonna lose a lot I think, in friendlies or in tourney. Ah well, I can only hope. :) #TaiNation
5: Denthorn - Thanks for coming out to my tournament man. It's always a good time with you, you're so chill and always giving advice to the new players. grats on winning teams, like I said above you def deserved it. And man do I love me some C. Falcon. om nom nom nom nom
7: Awestin - Why is it the people I lost to tapped me super hard. :facepalm: I was nervous when I played you and I wish I could've put up a better fight, but it was obvious you were just playing way better than I was during the set. GGs and thanks for coming to my tourney. Please come to more so I can have dat Awestin attraction for my tourneys as well. :chuckle:
7: OJ da Juiceman - C. Falcon om nom nom nom. But really it was a tight set, and I could tell you just wanted to get out of there and toke and the end lol. GGs
9: Zachattax - You keep getting better, but just from reading your shout outs it looks like you still have a bit of maturing to do before I see you placing higher at these tournaments consistently. I don't think you're on Penguin's level yet, but you're getting ever closer. Thanks for recording as well, you shoudl post th youtube link in the thread when you're done getting the vids up. Thanks for the frosty and I want to play some games with you next time. Friendlies or w/e
9: Problemo - it was a pleasant surprise you see you come lol. Dat link has been holding it down for as long as I remember being in the scene, thank for coming.
9: Penguin - We need to stop meeting in loser's bracket like every tournament. >.>
9: Thoraxe - Teams coulda gone better but that was mostly my fault and the end of it for sure. We just need to get more teams practice in on a more frequent basis I think then we'll be running DFW
13: Gentle Breeze - I had never seen you before this tournament I think, so I was surprised when I saw you doing **** like l-canceling lol. thanks for coming and definitely come out to more :)
13: Oracle - Thanks for coming and entering the bracket, even if you don't play this game anymore and even if you were only here to collect pot money lol.
13: Mr. QW - GGs in dubs. didn't get to play with you much though. And I liked your robbery mask, it was cool.
17: Scotch - I saw you playing some friendlies and it looked like you were playing pretty well for your first tourney.
17: Duke - Yo if you've got matches to play stay in the venue lol
17: Drug - How old are you? Why is your tag Drug?
17: I'm Dirty Dan - It was awesome to see you again. I saw some definite improvements in your game and I'm sure you'll continue to improve with more tournaments. I hope you make a smashboards account and read this lol.
17: Isaac - I feel like I see you playing the people you walk in with for pretty much the entirety of the tournament. Play with better players than yourself and not the people you always play with and you'll get a lot more out of these tournaments.
17: Chris - I'm pretty sure I've seen you and played with you at other tournaments but some people were telling me I was wrong.. idk lol
25: Violet - You can't expect really anything results wise from your first tournament. I heard you were johning in some matches against Denthorn and he was trying to give you advice, you can't just expect to win. Denthorn is a smart player and Ness doesn't exactly give you optimal chances of winning lol. Hope you enjoyed yourself here.
25: Will - Read Isaac.

To everyone who entered as their first name: Get some creativity and originality please. :colorful:
I had a great time and I'm looking forward to the next one.

D

Deleted member

Any idea on the date for the next one? I think it should be the week after br9.
Also, still working on recordings. Its hard trying to upload when your brother comes in your room and turns off your computer every time you try to upload ._.

D

Deleted member

Any idea on the date for the next one? I think it should be the week after br9.
Also, still working on recordings. Its hard trying to upload when your brother comes in your room and turns off your computer every time you try to upload ._.
Waterless told me June 22nd.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
^ That's unofficial but that's what I'm thinking of doing, it's only 2 weeks after BR9 and Dr Drew will be able to come the weekend of the 22nd, not the 15th.

D

Deleted member

Can't go to br9, so I'm just hoping for the next melee thing. Also, does anyone near us hold melee smashfests? I live kind of near mckinney/frisco. 10/20 minutes from sethlons house.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
I've had a few impromptu smashfests at my place the last couple of weeks but I can't do that at the moment cause I'm moving to a new place in a week. I'm gonna see what I can do over the summer though. #NewSethlon :b:

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
13: Gentle Breeze - I had never seen you before this tournament I think, so I was surprised when I saw you doing **** like l-canceling lol. thanks for coming and definitely come out to more :)

Yeah this was my first tourney, but I've been working on advanced techniques for a while now. Hopefully I can work stuff like double shines/shine oos/shine-grab and even shield drops into my game naturally so I can use them next time. I can do them, but using them in-game on someone is a completely different story. I'll definitely be at the next one, and hopefully I can practice with some of you guys before then!

I've been watching the Texas Melee channel waiting just so I can watch myself get knocked into loser's bracket lol

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this was my first tourney, but I've been working on advanced techniques for a while now. Hopefully I can work stuff like double shines/shine oos/shine-grab and even shield drops into my game naturally so I can use them next time. I can do them, but using them in-game on someone is a completely different story. I'll definitely be at the next one, and hopefully I can practice with some of you guys before then!
I didn't watch your games, but I think it's wiser to work on making your movement as smooth as possible before trying to get all of that technical shine stuff into your game. Make sure you have control over your character and he goes where you want him to go all of the time, ya dig?

D

Deleted member

My brother is eleven and his tag was drug because he was dr.mario.

Also he's changing his name to 0ddball because he likes it more and hes gonna play some besides dr mario lol

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Zach I want those vids soo baadlyy. Tell your brother if he turns off your comp while uploading again some huge dude called WaterlessFishie is gonna sodomize him. Make sure you include I'm huge, otherwise he might not be scared. :secretkpop:

Oracle

Smash Master
show him a picture of awestin and tell him that guy will be under his bed if he ****s up

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
I didn't watch your games, but I think it's wiser to work on making your movement as smooth as possible before trying to get all of that technical shine stuff into your game. Make sure you have control over your character and he goes where you want him to go all of the time, ya dig?

Very true. I have control for the most part, but I did make some stupid mistakes on occasion.

Dang, I thought one of my matches got recorded. Oh well.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know I played Gentle Breeze and Drew on the recording setup, I'm not 100% if they actually got recorded.

D

Deleted member

Who was the guy that i played against at the tournament that mained falco and had a mint controller? Was it gentle breeze?

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
Who was the guy that i played against at the tournament that mained falco and had a mint controller? Was it gentle breeze?

Yeah that was me. Didn't I play you the second game as Marth? I don't remember. Also, that was the emerald shell, not the mint. Although I like the emerald much more, I still wish I had the mint ToS controller.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
2: Drew - Wow looks like you got rid of the rust. Hopefully next time we play I'll be able to accept that Fox vs. Pichu offer lol.
4: The TO(Gabe) - Great job on hosting your first tournament. It looks like you even managed to recover and post results. If you ask Oscar nicely enough I'm sure he'll house you and make you truffles when you're in Houston.
5: JK Trowling (Mew) -
I kinda feel like you deserved game 2 :(. #TaiNation
5: Denthorn - Finally got a chance to play you. GGs you're a pretty cool guy.
7: Awestin - Rest :(
7: OJ da Juiceman - GGs it was fun.
9: Zachattax - This is Hannah. It's funny that we've never played despite attending a few tournaments together. Thanks for recording stuff and uploading in a timely manner. I just checked the videos and they look great.
9: Problemo - GGs in low tier. Stop throwing bombs at me while I'm trying to kill my Nana >__>.
9: Penguin - It was nice playing you for the first time in forever. While I'm OoS I'm hoping to develop some anti-Peach technology.
9: Thoraxe - I barely saw you at all. We need to play next time.
13: Oracle - Uppppp-tillllt
17: Scotch - GGs in low tier. You did well for your first tournament, especially considering that you were wearing a cast. Keep it up.
17: I'm Dirty Dan - You should learn how to Wobble. Everyone in Dallas will love you for it.
25: Violet - I'm kind of convinced that your the reincarnation of this guy I knew in highschool.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I played Penguin (Sheik/Fox vs. Falco) and Tai (Sheik vs. Falcon/Falco) on the recording setup but I guess they weren't actually recorded.

1: Glibby Globby: Your Falco is too smart, maybe I'll work my Marth into shape to fight that silly bird.
1a: DFW Falco players: please don't learn to play Falco like Kevin, it is not fun to fight against.
3: Admiral: I almost made that Luigi counterpick work. Good luck out in Georgia! Be sure to chaingrab the locals, it's a great first impression.
4: The TO(Gabe): One day you'll get to expose me as the fraud I am!
5: JK Trowling (Mew): Way to own me in low tiers so I couldn't use my secret Corneria tech :(
5: Denthorn: Way to dominate teams and bail me out of all the crazy risks I take :)
7: Awestin: So many rests everywhere. When will people learn to block?
7: OJ da Juiceman: When you learn to play as good as you troll you'll never lose again.
9: Zachattax: Just remember, I'm up 2-1 in that random character money match :)
9: Problemo: Back in the dark ages, one of the best DFW players was a Link main. That decade of experience pays off every once in a while!
9: Penguin: Let's just pretend that game 2 never happened ok? I'll definitely sleep better at night.
9: Thoraxe: I think we only got to play in teams. Not sure how you can make Falco work there but good job on 3rd place.
13: fernando: I didn't realize until dinner that we had met before, sorry about that :( Cool seeing you again.
13: Oracle: I am now the universe champion of Mute City Bowser Ditto Money Matches! (MCBDMM's for short)
25: Violet: If you really want to play Ness I'd recommend switching over to Project M, he's so much more legitimate there.

D

Deleted member

25: Violet: If you really want to play Ness I'd recommend switching over to Project M, he's so much more legitimate there.
I've considered it. I probably will leave Melee when Project M 3.0 comes out. There isn't a lot of Project M tournaments around Plano so it would be kind of a loss for me.
If anyone wants to set up Project M tournaments around here with lower entrance fees (5 bucks was perfectly fine, but some tourneys have 15 buck entrance fees for just the venue. You gotta be kidding.) I'll be sure to attend. I really like this group of people though-- Zack, Waterless, Drew, all of you. You guys all rock and I'm not sure if other groups will be as welcoming. I'm still fairly new to the smash community so I'm not sure what to expect.

Top 5 reasons I play Ness:
1. He's a very technical character.
2. Ness can use mind games.
3. I'm working on programming a game that has a 'PK Thunder' like mechanic, and I needed to learn Melee's style of doing it. I've pretty much replicated it.
4. Double jump cancels (I'm getting better.)
5. I ****ing love the MOTHER series.

4: The TO(Gabe) - Great job on hosting your first tournament. It looks like you even managed to recover and post results. If you ask Oscar nicely enough I'm sure he'll house you and make you truffles when you're in Houston.
25: Violet - I'm kind of convinced that your the reincarnation of this guy I knew in highschool.
Props to Gabe! :D

Also, I do die and come back to life every so often so that highschool reincarnation theory is completely possible.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Vio there's a PM tourney on the 8th at the same venue as DIME. I'd link you to it but i'm on my xbox right now lol. they'll be just as nice (probobly) and you'll see a few of the same people. you should join the facebook group if you haven't already, a lot of info goes through there. and the tourney in question has the same entry fee as DIME i think.

D

Deleted member

Vio there's a PM tourney on the 8th at the same venue as DIME. I'd link you to it but i'm on my xbox right now lol. they'll be just as nice (probobly) and you'll see a few of the same people. you should join the facebook group if you haven't already, a lot of info goes through there. and the tourney in question has the same entry fee as DIME i think.
Can I get a link to the facebook group from somebody?

I found it the P:M tourney - http://smashboards.com/threads/bowsers-revenge-9-june-8th-2013-plano-texas.336557/

Top Bottom