• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deflowered! A Comprehensive Guide of Infinite Knowledge!

Muz

Smash Apprentice
good stuff? that doesn't help us out...
Haha, this is actually exactly the type of response I was expecting. But I would still say its useful to know for olimar mains because it will give you a better idea of how much damage you can do with sideB. For example, don't you want to know how many pikmin you need to latch onto snake to get him into kill range? With the old formula you would underestimate how many are needed, but in actual gameplay, most people will shake pikmin off 1-3 latch-hits sooner.

Noa.

Smash Master
Now we know that pikmin toss does more damage. Now if we want our toss to do more damage, we just have to keep them immobile. Kind of a tactic thing.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
Actually, keeping them immobile will not work, because if you look at the my shield break example, you'll see its about button mashing, not about actual movement on screen. But if you see a character is moving around a lot, you can have a better idea of how long the pikmin will stay on. Its sort of like when you're vs'ing some one in real life and you grab them. You can listen to them mash the buttons and tell how quick they'll get out of the grab, and adjust your strategy accordingly.

Iron Asian

Smash Rookie
Awesome Guide! You mentioned that once an Olimar loses control of the stage, it's hard to get back. My question is, how do you get back control of the stage? Specifically speaking , what are some tips to get off the ledge and back on the stage when an opponent is waiting to hit or throw you back off? Also what are some tips for getting back to the ground against opponent's who like to abuse Oli's low air priority and constant want to pop him in the air?

Axi

Smash Rookie
Awesome Guide! You mentioned that once an Olimar loses control of the stage, it's hard to get back. My question is, how do you get back control of the stage? Specifically speaking , what are some tips to get off the ledge and back on the stage when an opponent is waiting to hit or throw you back off? Also what are some tips for getting back to the ground against opponent's who like to abuse Oli's low air priority and constant want to pop him in the air?

yeah i get the same problem from a few chars...i normally whistle through their attacks to guarantee getting back down..you tank some damage but its worth it

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
oh coool this guide is back. i thought there was another guide in the works that would replace this one. is that still happening?

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
oh coool this guide is back. i thought there was another guide in the works that would replace this one. is that still happening?
I think the new guide is just going to be updated/edited/given new sections. I think there's already been some editing, actually.

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice
Done some testing with pikman toss and found out how many latch attacks it does before it falls off. All of these include all colors excluding black who cannot latch. If you latch a pikman on the opponent at 24% for example, it will do 9 hits as it latch on under 25%.

0-24% = 9 hits

25-49% = 8 hits

50-74% = 7 hits

75-99% = 6 hits

100-124% = 5 hits

125-149% = 4 hits

150-174% = 3 hits

175-999% = 2 hits

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Was this testing done on a computer or a human opponent? Because a pikmin will stay latched to a computer for less time than it will a human. Also, inputting commands in any way (whether it be buttons, the control stick, or the c-stick) will cause the pikmin to get off of you faster than it normally would. Similar to how you can mash out of a grab.

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice
It was done on a standing mario human no buttion inputs to test its nutraility, Forgot to put that in sorry. I'll test it on a jigglypuff and a bowser later to see if weight has any factor in it but I dout it.

EDIT: Weight has no factor.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Probably going to be doing some updates and such on this.
I already took care of a few things a short time ago, but nothing major yet.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It's nothing huge. Just updating certain sections to be more current.
We're never going to have another guide, so... might as well update this one a bit.

AndyG's sections included the moveset section and the pros/cons section?
I don't plan to do much to either of them, if anything.

Latch

Smash Apprentice
I feel like rereading this guide every couple months would be a good thing for every olimar to do... a refresher on the important stuff ya know

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Updated AT section with Hilt's (extensive) Tarzan and (awesome) RP descriptions.

Also took out dabuz's Metaknight section because it is ollllllld.

janky

Smash Rookie
awesome guide. extremely helpful. i know i'm just saying the same thingas everyone else but i just wanted to say thanks for putting the time and effort needed into making this.

steep

Smash Lord
I wanted to ask a question of something that I have been trying but I don't really see any other Olimar's doing… Sometimes when I toss a Purple Pikmin I then up b right as he is about to rejoin the pikmin line, and the Purple is back in front of the line. Useful for using the same Pikmin twice in a row right?

Note: You can use this for all pikmin colors I just find it to be most useful with Purples.

What do you guys think? Useful? Not useful?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Don't be rude, Fino.

It probably isn't really used because UpB can really leave you open for punishment unless you use it in the air and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
I don't think people often have a returning purple and the immediate need to SH UpB.
My view is incredibly limited, of course, so I could be overlooking something.

kelumhi

Smash Cadet
Also, in the time it takes you to do that you can filter out 2 pickmen, which might be better in the long run that having a purple in front.

Top Bottom