• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Does Sol ever come on these boards? After watching his Little Mac it's always made me want to try fighting him sometime :p Also any tips on Robin vs Little Mac?

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Does Sol ever come on these boards? After watching his Little Mac it's always made me want to try fighting him sometime :p Also any tips on Robin vs Little Mac?
He does, and his Little Mac is reaallly good! My exp, is taking it slow and using everything Mac has for meta, PP tilts, Dance Trottiing, jump fakeouts, down tilts. Whatever you can do!

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Sorry, but I am curious. Did you see the whole replay? I think he had good fundamentals. I mean, to give him credit, Bayonetta is fairly new and he did pretty well I thought.
I did see the entire replay. While he/she did have the basics down it still wasn't too impressive, but to be fair Bayonetta has been out for 3-4 days and people are still discovering stuff with her... hell I've been practicing with her and she's a pretty complex character.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
He does, and his Little Mac is reaallly good! My exp, is taking it slow and using everything Mac has for meta, PP tilts, Dance Trottiing, jump fakeouts, down tilts. Whatever you can do!
Oooh sorry should have corrected myself. I play the Robin. Just really respected his Little Mac from videos I've seen on Youtube. Asking for tips for fighting Little Mac himself. Apologies for the confusion! ^^;

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Oooh sorry should have corrected myself. I play the Robin. Just really respected his Little Mac from videos I've seen on Youtube. Asking for tips for fighting Little Mac himself. Apologies for the confusion! ^^;
Try not to take this the wrong way, but This is the Little Mac boards. We are only here to Discuss and help people who play Little Mac so that they can properly face others. It makes no sense then for you to expect help from us.

If you want help, go to the character board assigned to the character you play and ask them for advice when versing Little Mac.

There's no problem going to different threads and talking about various topics. It just doesn't make sense for people who primarily main a character and practice/Improve on said character to give you tips on how to beat them, when they are busy trying to do the opposite...get where i'm going with this? Again don't take it the wrong way just trying to give you some advice because if this was the Link boards they'd chew you out for that.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Try not to take this the wrong way, but This is the Little Mac boards. We are only here to Discuss and help people who play Little Mac so that they can properly face others. It makes no sense then for you to expect help from us.

If you want help, go to the character board assigned to the character you play and ask them for advice when versing Little Mac.

There's no problem going to different threads and talking about various topics. It just doesn't make sense for people who primarily main a character and practice/Improve on said character to give you tips on how to beat them, when they are busy trying to do the opposite...get where i'm going with this? Again don't take it the wrong way just trying to give you some advice because if this was the Link boards they'd chew you out for that.
That's pretty strange actually. Must be other boards who do this because in our scenes both irl and online we help each other out a lot with matchups, either how to beat mine or how I can beat yours etc etc.

But that's fine. I don't take it offensively at all, apologies for bothering you guys. Again, I have massive respect for you guys :)

EDIT: Also the Robin boards have loads of Link mains who actually help us out seeing as Link is actually one of the hardest Robin matchups due to the projectiles and forcing Robin to go in etc etc. Similarly we have helped them out too multiple times.

A nice example of this was when I got heavily beaten by a Pikachu main in my UK scene last tournament. And said guy actually helped me out after I asked him for tips and we played loads of friendlies in the same tournament to help improve the matchup. Same thing happens with most characters I don't know too much about. And Little Mac is in fact one of those guys which is why I was hoping to ask in the said place.

I'd understand if it was a tournament set of course. I can't just ask after losing game 1 'yo how do I deal with this'. That would make no sense as we're in the middle of a competitive match. But people all the time play each other in friendlies and ask each other for character matchups. If you were to go to Robin forums right now and ask for help, I guarantee you people would give you advice in dealing with Robin as a Little Mac main, Link main etc etc.

Sorry for all the edits, I'm tired and couldn't be asked for a lengthy reply but just wanted to explain myself a bit better while I can. I don't want the smash scene to turn into people not willing to help each other out in improving their meta's and 'separating themselves from other character forums and scenes'. That's not the way it should work at all. I was hoping it would be like the way I see it in my scene, but I guess not. Apologies for the bother.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
That's pretty strange actually. Must be other boards who do this because in our scenes both irl and online we help each other out a lot with matchups, either how to beat mine or how I can beat yours etc etc.

But that's fine. I don't take it offensively at all, apologies for bothering you guys. Again, I have massive respect for you guys :)

EDIT: Also the Robin boards have loads of Link mains who actually help us out seeing as Link is actually one of the hardest Robin matchups due to the projectiles and forcing Robin to go in etc etc. Similarly we have helped them out too multiple times.
While on that subject if you really want to know how Little Mac works or want tips on some of his moves I would suggest checking out the Little Mac meta game thread or the Little Mac matchup discussion thread.

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
While on that subject if you really want to know how Little Mac works or want tips on some of his moves I would suggest checking out the Little Mac meta game thread or the Little Mac matchup discussion thread.
Thank you. I will definitely check that out. And similarly if you wish for any advice against any characters you are struggling against you are completely free to ask said people who main those characters or if you want to figure it out yourself just look at the characters's metagame thread and matchup discussions. We also have discord groups and I am a part of many characters's ones and we discuss this all the time and are open for tips and tricks.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Thank you. I will definitely check that out. And similarly if you wish for any advice against any characters you are struggling against you are completely free to ask said people who main those characters or if you want to figure it out yourself just look at the characters's metagame thread and matchup discussions. We also have discord groups and I am a part of many characters's ones and we discuss this all the time and are open for tips and tricks.
Don't mention it there's no problem with asking for help as the smash community ( for the most part ) is willing to help each other out. My post was more of a warning if anything as I made the mistake before and got into a flame war for it, but don't let my post scare you off you're more than welcomed to comment about what ever on here.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A little something against a good Bayo,
Full video is on my channel
I saw the whole match of that one. Two shield breaks in a row was really something. Why were you just jumping around like an idiot?
That Bayonetta was really impressive nonetheless.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
just a PSA for all macs:

(not me, lol)

tl;dw: corrin's counter at 3% will can kill mac.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
That's literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen in smash4.

Corrin is so pay2win it's not even funny. And the character is almost as easy as cloud to play. They better patch this ****.

And look, I know what some people might say; "you're already calling for nerfs? why dont you try adapting and learn how to deal with it first?"

I'm sorry, but that counter is actually broken. It is way too powerful and way too easy to use to work like that. Not even bayonetta's witch time is that blatantly overpowered.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
I believe that we should be rewarded for getting Counter Surge off closer to the upper blast zone, even at SOME lower percents, but yes, as it is now it is insane.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
just a PSA for all macs:

(not me, lol)

tl;dw: corrin's counter at 3% will can kill mac.
MY BOY! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU!?
I come back here,and the first thing I see is this?
that was disgusting. this has got to be one of the nastiest counters i've seen in this game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sakurai needs to fix that counter because there's no way in hell that should KO that quick

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
lol i take it you guys don't like 3%-to-death-one-hit-combo vids? haha honestly, that counter is absurd vs mac.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
lol i take it you guys don't like 3%-to-death-one-hit-combo vids? haha honestly, that counter is absurd vs mac.
It's probably worst vs Ganondorf who has the highest knockback and damage output in the game.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
It's probably worst vs Ganondorf who has the highest knockback and damage output in the game.
now i can't swag on em with Reverse Warlocks :(
this is a sad day for me.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
now i can't swag on em with Reverse Warlocks :(
this is a sad day for me.
You can but it takes timing. Like all counters, it isn't instantaneous most cases and you gotta be quick on the draw when doing so.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
You can but it takes timing. Like all counters, it isn't instantaneous most cases and you gotta be quick on the draw when doing so.
True. at least it can't counter a KO Punch :4littlemac:
:212:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Completely off topic but is their a discord group for Little Mac? I was just curious is all because I saw some other boards that did and wanted to know if my favorite Little boxer had one...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've continued to experimenti on customizations, especially the following one for Little Mac.

With an attack value set at +116, all I can pretty much say is that you better have some defense boosts by your side. Default fighters with a weight value of 98 or lower are easily 1-hit KO'd by a KO Uppercut of that kind of power (even default Mario can't survive it, but Lucario is able to). Of course, if the opponent's defenses are raised high enough, even the lightest fighters can potentially survive the 1-hit KO.

The Double-Jump Boost bonus effect tries to deal with Little Mac's awful recovery, but you do have to make sure that you make a safe landing after using the mid-air jump. The +61 speed improves all of Little Mac's mobility attributes, which does help to an extent.

The main downside of this customization is the -37 defense, but it's pretty much designed to be a glass cannon anyway. Also, the Air Pushover bonus effect does end up weakening Guard Breaker's attack power, even when used on the ground.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1

my custom equipment setup. i dont like to mess with anything that affects his physics/movement because i am so used to his default stats.

No Flinch + Hyper Smash is so fun. no flinch gives you unlimited super armor while youre charging smash attacks (so super armor while charging + normal super armor during the start of the smash). Hyper smash allows you to charge smash attacks for longer so you can get even stronger smash attacks. landing is not safe around this guy, just charge an usmash and let it rip.

gluey edge should be self-explanatory. helps his recovery without affecting his physics/movement

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone give me a tip on how to do the effing Gazelle Punch? Despite trying for about thirty munites, I had absolutely no luck the entire time and I am interested in how to properly do it.

my guide for the timing of gazelle punch. its on a phone, so the quality is subpar, but it should serve the purpose of giving you the timing for it.

ShadedSquirtle

Smash Rookie
I've been playing mac since.. the second update im pretty sure? I like to sit back and wait for an opening but I want to integrate more side B's because It looks like a good move but 1. Im afraid to SD and 2. His D tilt has more setups. Any advice?

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
I've been playing mac since.. the second update im pretty sure? I like to sit back and wait for an opening but I want to integrate more side B's because It looks like a good move but 1. Im afraid to SD and 2. His D tilt has more setups. Any advice?
Jolt Haymaker is a really good move for using as a surprise KOing option, a get off me tool, or to create space quickly if opponents shield and back roll a lot. It KOs around 120% near the center stage against lighter cast members and for heavier ones won't KO as early unless bad DI. It's Frame 9 and covers tons of ground at its earliest, and at its latest goes a bit farther but comes out somewhere around Frame 30.

You can just do Down Tilt into Jolt Haymaker as well, just saying.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Sol found some new tech for Little Mac the other day while labbing with J.A.P.A.N. Looks interesting to say the least.

Top Bottom