• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a place where Little Mac mains can talk and get to know each other.

I'm definitely gonna give him a shot. He's definitely my most hyped reveal yet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeyep.

Think this is where I'll stay. Mac baby just looks too GOOOOOOD!!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
as a villager main, looks like a match against little mac is gonna be troublesome for me. with all that super armor. little mac looks very tough to beat. no doubt he'll be a popular pick in competitive play.

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
I'm probably gonna main a pocket Little Mac in Smash 4. still waiting for that Ridley reveal, but I wanted to congratulate Little Mac fans on their newcomer making it into Smash!

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
I can't wait to try out Mac. I'm looking forward to playing him even more than Bowser, and I've mained Bowser since Melee.

D

Deleted member

I can safely say that Mac will probably end up being my second main, if not my outright main, the guy just looks too fun.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I love the reveal for Little Mac, and his moveset appears to be extremely pressure and combo based from the ground. I think he's going to be an amazing fighter against people who get too aggressive / reckless (similar to Yoshi).

This said, I really would like to see the rest of Little Mac's aerial / recovery options, because so far he really does seem like a purely grounded character. His playstyle is going to be quite different for me!

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Really, the main reason I was hyped about Little Mac was because my brother flat out said he was his most wanted newcomer. Of course there's the fact that he's fraking awesome looking!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, see, he was the only newcomer two of my friends actually wanted. It's been a pretty good day.

Lamar Davis

Smash Cadet
Out of all the newcomers, Lil Mac is da realest *****, so Ima main dat *****. Ya dig, *****?

Last edited:

PJSalt

Smash Rookie
NNID
iSmashbro
3DS FC
2251-5709-7722
With a fantastic groundgame and unparalleled super armor, trying to master him is definitely a must.

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Yeeeup. He's right up there with Bowser for me. I can't stop digging that H2H style.

Then again, I have reserved spots.

Originally, I was going to main: Bowser, Sheik [if she's even in] and the villager. Now it seems like Bowser, Little Mac, Villager. Too soon to say who I'm going to be dedicated to. Still gotta stick with Bowser though.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Ike/Mac will be my Sm4sh duo. Mac looks like so much fun. I'm a fan of the armor mechanic, but P:M Bowser feels to clunky to me. Mac fits in with my rushdown style of play and fulfills my most needed criteria for a main: A situational Down B I'll probably never use :D

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I've watched that trailer at least 7 times. "You ain't no outfighter Mac!"

That announcer needs to narrate the gameplay if Mac is playing.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I was intending on maining Mac prior to actually witnessing his play-style. I just wanted something (a character) alluding to fighting games. That being said, I am not disappointed, he is awesome. I do not care if he is viable, usually characters with great air game are the most feasible pertaining to my play-style, but I also enjoy playing absolute rush-down characters. Mac is certainly reminiscent of the objective rush-down character. Day 1 main, if he is a starter, he is going to be my first character (breaking my tradition of always playing Link first).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Doc Louis should narrate my whole life. There'd better be codecs on Smash Circuit, or there will be blood!

Morbi

Scavenger
Doc Louis should narrate my whole life. There'd better be codecs on Smash Circuit, or there will be blood!
I am very enthusiastic about Little Mac, and Doc Louis was the first thing I paid attention to (during the Direct). I wasn't even really watching the move-set (I did later, but initially it was all about the Doc). That being said, I would honestly prefer if the Codecs were pertaining to Kid Icarus. I just want Doc Louis to be like Pokemon Trainer... just shouting advice and whatnot.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I want to main (in order), Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Rosalina, and Wii Fit Trainer.

This is going to be hard to decide.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Mac seems to fit my playstyle mainly cause i like super armor and his moveset has a ton of baiting potential.

Still need to see if Ike is smash4 or not though. And if a new fire emblem rep is in. Cause while i like the look of Little Mac's playstyle, i also am used to spacing.

Still Little Mac is on my radar of characters to try out when smash4 is out

Not gonna say who i main until i actually play all the characters myself.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Mac has a counter move like Marth! I remember everyone predicting that would be one of his moves...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm definitely a Mac main.
Punch Out is one of my favorite games ever, Mac was one of my most anticipated reveals, and he just looks SO GOOD.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It helps that he seems to have PM Bowser levels of super armor. MAN he looks like such a threat!

Smady

Smash Master
I have heard so many people say he will be their new main. Every move he performs certainly has a level of impact to it.

He looks sort of like Falcon, so I'm interested.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'm hoping Doc Louis has something to say about all the fighters.

"Show him your moves, Mac!"
"Villager should stick to the NES!"
"Mega Man won't get equipped with those skills!"
"This Kong didn't learn his lesson!"
"Show King Dedede who's the real king of the ring!"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No matter who gets revealed after this, even if it's someone high on my most wanted list, like Lady Palutena, Mac's gonna be one of my mains. I've always loved Punch-Out, and his gameplay style looks too good to pass up.

Morbi

Scavenger
No matter who gets revealed after this, even if it's someone high on my most wanted list, like Lady Palutena, Mac's gonna be one of my mains. I've always loved Punch-Out, and his gameplay style looks too good to pass up.
Exactly, prior to Little Mac's reveal I was anticipating one of my characters getting revealed. First Mega Man and Villager were revealed, I didn't like Villager as this was before the murderous Villager made his debut. So I wasn't going to main him and I hate Mega Man, so even though he is completely and utterly my play-style (I love to play heavy zoners and heavy rush-down characters, the antithesis) I don't have any character loyalty, so I have to pass him up. Wii Fit Trainer was revealed, and she seems to be a rush-down character, I was excited and planning on maining her if Little Mac didn't get in the game. Villager got the rocket-"back massager" cactus, so I instantly wanted to main him (especially as he was now perceived as a psychopathic killer). However, to be perfectly honest, he doesn't seem like my play-style. Rosalina was the other most anticipated newcomer of mine. She appears to be a zoner; however, she is also a marionette character. Those are infamously hard to master, so I don't really know if I want to commit to her. That being said, Mac came up as the definitive rush-down character and I can't see anyone else high on my most wanted list, like Palutena, replacing him.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Here's a question.

Why do you want to main Little Mac?

He your most wanted character?

You like his gameplay style?

Both?

Something else?

Go on! State your opinions! :p

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I won't know whether or not to main anyone at this point. I personally like to main a character who has a lot of unseen moveset potential that will leave my opponents like "Wait, what did he just do?"

I'm not sure if Little Mac has it, but he definitely looks fun otherwise. Main worthy? I'll have to wait and see.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So...

Here's a question.

Both?

Something else?

*looks above* What exactly has everyone been doing? :seuss:

I'm in the same boat as SchAlt for the most part. Grew up watching my brother(s) play both console games before I even was capable of playing games myself. Naturally, when the Wii reboot was released, my brother was extremely ecstatic. Despite no longer keeping up with any newer consoles, he bought the game. I wound up giving him my spare system so that he, his 5-year-old son and I could relive one of our oldest pasttimes. I wouldn't have gotten into PO if not for him, much less supported him as one of my most-wanted newcomers for Smash. I actually have yet to see my bro since the reveal of Mac in Smash 4, and thus am looking forward to seeing his passion renewed yet again.

The fact that Mac is awesome is the icing on the cake. Doc's chocolate bars are the frosting.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So...

Here's a question.

Both?

Something else?

Both (kinda). He was my fifth most wanted character.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Always mained boxing characters. (Dudley in Street Fighter, Steve in Tekken, Akihiko in P4A, etc)

He'll be my secondary though, my love for Wario is too strong.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
I've always enjoyed characters who get close and hit people hard. Preferably with their fists. For this reason Bowser, DK, Captain Falcon, and Ganondorf have always been my favorite characters to play.

All about the brute force, baby!

edit: Also, anyone else see that Mac is on the website banner now? Hell yeah!

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I keep saying that I found a main in every newcomer so far, but considering that Little Mac was my #1 most wanted character since the development of Melee, he's going to definitely be the guy I stick with,

His style of gameplay is perfect for me. Complete rushdown shenanigans.

Falcon vs Mac matches are going to be so hype.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Little Mac was my most wanted newcomer in Brawl and the upcoming games. So, yes, I'm stoked he's finally playable!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
I am maining Mac because I love Punch Out, his playstyle is very intriguing, and I can see him being really great competition-wise as well.
There's nothing preventing me from maining Mac.

Daedra

vibing
Little Mac looks like he's going to be a great addition to Smash, I won't stop maining Olimar anytime soon but without a doubt Little Mac is definitely a character I can't wait to use.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
its official... lil mac is the new snake. minus the nade camping.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...

Here's a question.

Both?

Something else?

1. YES!
2. YES!! Rush down H2H characters are amazing!
3. Yes!!

4. I mean, do I need another reason? Mac and Punch-Out!! are two of the greatest things Nintendo has!

Top Bottom