• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dededes New inhale: Psuedo Pocket

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
decided to make a thread about this!
original text from discussion thread:

https://twitter.com/BlazerKirby/status/1007733885122371586

kirby confirmed to inhale projectile: able to swallow for heal and spit out as a star!
Dedede will get the same treatment. but the question remains
will the projectile be "Star" or not, since the Gordo in his fighter video didnt make it into a star

basically, will the projectile and inhale be a psudeo pocket or just a Star spit like kirby!

on one hand, always having the projectile as a star would help with characters like yoshi and others with less powerful projectile to deal more constistant damage
while psudeo pocket would make Samus and any other heavy projectile user more fun and devastating

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I think it's gonna be a star, but Gordo gets special treatment, since its part of Dededes own moveset, rather than something from an outside source.
Also in the vid the Gordo wasn't reflected, which makes me think its probably a special case.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I'd agree with the above post. Gordos might be a special case with Inhale considering it was his own and not an enemies projectile. I'm quite curious to see if he can Inhale an enemy Dedede's Gordo and spit it out the same however, or if it'd be a star. Chances are it'd most likely be the later...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Guessing Gordo is a special case (makes me wonder if other D3's Gordos will become stars, though).

But how are we sure the same thing will happen for D3? Didn't he just eat projectiles outright in previous games?

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
But how are we sure the same thing will happen for D3? Didn't he just eat projectiles outright in previous games?
In Smash 4 he would just eat projectiles, yes. Usually not a good idea, since many of them would put him in a laggy animation, or in the case of explosive things, outright damage him (which, judging by the footage of Kirby eating a Bomber, is probably still a thing in Ultimate).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This might give Dedede a potential advantage over projectile-heavy characters. I wonder just how many kinds of projectiles and what types he'll actually be able to inhale, though.

More buffs for the king, all is good so far.

D

Deleted member

I didn't notice this was a new thing until someone pointed it out from the K. Rool trailer, but I'm super excited now! No longer will his inhale just be a useless(?) version of Kirby's.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I kinda found Dedede's Inhale weaker in Smash than what it seems in the Kirby series. Any boost would be welcomed.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
This will be especially useful in the M2, Lucario, and particularly both the Samus MUs. There are plenty of times in S4 where I've landed with inhale from a distance to land safely against charge shot but now we have the option to not only land safely against charge shot to punish landing but we can do it at a much closer distance to where they either have to respect it at mid range and not punish or at close range just get straight up hard punished for it.

This change alone really turns some of DDDs worst MUs upside down and while it won't be what makes him good by any means by itself it will still easily make him infinitely better than he was before. Also opens up a whole world of doubles swag combos

Last edited:

Retroator

Smash Rookie
Now zoning wont be our BANE anymore. ALSO DID U SEE THAT INHALE ENDLAG. ITS HELLA FAST

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
if I recall right, Kirby can heal if he chooses to swallow the projectile.

if dedede gets the same treatment, that means he can heal from projectiles too! nothing to brag about since its not as reliable and fast as Ness/Lucas PSI Magnet, but heck healing 2% to 25% can make a different.
we dont know whats the cap and how much each heals but if it heals the same as PSI Magnet it would be way too awesome

one thing sucks tho, is that once we get an projectile inhaled, we need to commit to 2 options sooner or later:
Either spit it out as a Pocket Reflect or Swallow to heal. its not really store-able so we cant just save it for later

Last edited:

xDrippyx

Smash Rookie
if I recall right, Kirby can heal if he chooses to swallow the projectile.

if dedede gets the same treatment, that means he can heal from projectiles too! nothing to brag about since its not as reliable and fast as Ness/Lucas PSI Magnet, but heck healing 2% to 25% can make a different.
we dont know whats the cap and how much each heals but if it heals the same as PSI Magnet it would be way too awesome

one thing sucks tho, is that once we get an projectile inhaled, we need to commit to 2 options sooner or later:
Either spit it out as a Pocket Reflect or Swallow to heal. its not really store-able so we cant just save it for later
I have a bad feeling that Dedede won't have the ability to swallow the projectiles, only spit them. I hope I'm wrong though.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I have a bad feeling that Dedede won't have the ability to swallow the projectiles, only spit them. I hope I'm wrong though.
I heard D3 was able to only swallow and spit the projectile back at the opponent. I wish he could swallow. Maybe give us the choice to heal or spit back up with what direction to flick the stick in.

This sounds so raunchy lol.

Top Bottom