• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede v2.6

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
The changelog won't be out for a couple of weeks, so let's try to figure out some changes.

• Up-B now has a hit box while traveling upward
  • You can act faster out of down throw
  • You can act faster out of throwing an existing Waddle
  • Super armor on dash attack
  • Tip of f-smash is a meteor

Speculation on my part:
  • Forward air is a bit faster..?

AncientPancakes

Smash Cadet
I do remember dash attack having armor in 2.5, but i'm almost certain he has even more now. He can get through a lot of stuff with it now.

Some things that I speculate are changed:
  • Something is faster about waddle dee toss. Idk if he throws them faster or he can act out of it faster, but it feels better regardless.
  • It feels like the chances of getting Waddle Doos and Gordos have been increased.
  • Like you said, I think Forward air does feel a little faster but i'm not positive.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Are you saying it's dash cancellable like ZSS' neutral B is? Cause I can't get that to work.
Sorry I was told wrong information I think, It just seems to end much faster. There's also waddle dashing, maybe that's the dash-cancellable thing or it just ends sooner too

oh my goodness I just realized now from talking about D3 that I seriously had a dream last night where he had a side-b like Ike's and I was using it on dreamland; I remembered that now but still forgot the dreams of various sexy women

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
how do you waddle dash? I've seen that many times and i don't understand how you do that, could someone explain?
If there is a Waddle anywhere, jump into it and air-dodge either left or right. That's all there is too it. You can also air-dodge diagonally to affect the angle the Waddle is thrown but you'll get less travel distance.

If the Waddle is on the ground, the distance you go depends on how high in the air you were when you activated the air-dodge. Too high, though, and you'll miss the Waddle and just do a regular air-dodge.

When recovering, use a jump to soft throw a Waddle upward. Use another jump to line your body up with the Waddle. Air-dodge toward the stage and you will get a really great horizontal boost. You can even do this repeatedly with the same Waddle if you have jumps remaining. Don't be afraid to do it towards the stage first then use your last jump to go backwards a bit to mix things up.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that the waddle toss angle during the waddledash is determined after you get your momentum, so you should be able to throw up or down even with going the maximum speed/distance (by dodging straight left/right and then quick flicking the joystick up or down). Correct me if I'm wrong (I might be, it's hard for me to tell for sure).

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure that the waddle toss angle during the waddledash is determined after you get your momentum, so you should be able to throw up or down even with going the maximum speed/distance (by dodging straight left/right and then quick flicking the joystick up or down). Correct me if I'm wrong (I might be, it's hard for me to tell for sure).
I tried to do a little testing on this and it looks right. You can do a normal side air-dodge then angle either up or down and get the same distance from the "glide." GG!

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Haha, thanks.
If you do the full waddle dash and angle the waddle down, then you are on the waddle and just a jump squat away from another immediate waddle dash. I'm not sure how useful that is, but it's fun :p

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well the official changelog is out and here's what we got:

-Dash Attack has medium armor which lasts through the strong hit
-Up Tilt's endlag is slightly faster
-Neutral Aerial's 1st hit angle is slightly higher
-Down Aerial has smaller gaps between each hit
-Turn Grab range reduced slightly, and has a bit more startup to match other Turn Grabs
-Forward Throw's damage has been increased slightly, knockback decreased slightly to compensate
-Down Throw can be interrupted earlier
-Neutral B has more mobility in the air than previously
-Up B has a hitbox at the beginning of DeDeDe's ascent
-Up B has medium armor during the same timeframe as the hitbox

AncientPancakes

Smash Cadet
Unless they added the meteor hitbox on DDD's fsmash in 2.5 and I wasn't aware of it, I think they forgot to include that in the changelist.

In the end a lot of my predictions were off I guess. Faster Fair would've been sweet. But, overall, some decent buffs.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I was wondering about that myself. I never really used f-smash all the much in the past so I don't know if it was added earlier.

Overall I'm happy that there are buffs, but it still doesn't seem to be enough yet. I think we should start a thread to compile all the suggestions we have for improving the character. This character's sub-forums is the deadest.

Top Bottom