• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Tech (3.6)

Phubs

Smash Cadet
Hopefully full 3.6 can bring some life back to this board...

Anyway, I was playing some PM a few days ago and stumbled across a new tech with a lot of potential: LEDGE CANCELLED DASH ATTACK. I was on warioware on the larger platform on the left side. I tried to jab, jab, ftilt, but accidentally did a dash attack instead of the tilt. However, when I finished the attack, D3 fell off the platform, active, with no lag.

I was able to replicate this one more time, and that time I also flew off the platform like I was waddledashing, but again completely active.

This shouldn't be affected by the full patch at all if the changelog is accurate.
This could be a frame perfect thing, or just some weird button input, but it is definitely possible. If this could be mastered, D3 would be that much stronger.

Edit: YouTube.com/watch?v=Ih5g9OXsFAA
Here's a link to video of it

Edit 2: this appears to just be the result of warioman's windbox on his u-smash pulling me off the ledge, cuz apparently that's a thing. Today is not the beginning of 20DD

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
did you hit someones shield? for the longest time i was convinced GW had a certain timing or spacing where he could zip off the ledge with his DACUS until i realized that i was just hitting peoples shields whenever that happened. hitting someones shield shouldnt be able to push you like that, but its an unresolved glitch leftover in the game still. my guess is that this is whats happening.

Phubs

Smash Cadet
pls show video evidence
I saved the replay on my friend's Wii, he's going to try and tas is to see what I did, I'll post the replay somewhere if I can.

did you hit someones shield? for the longest time i was convinced GW had a certain timing or spacing where he could zip off the ledge with his DACUS until i realized that i was just hitting peoples shields whenever that happened. hitting someones shield shouldnt be able to push you like that, but its an unresolved glitch leftover in the game still. my guess is that this is whats happening.
No, the first time he ran away before I dash attacked, and the second time he was just messing around with warioman on the other side of the stage

Phubs

Smash Cadet
No, my friend can't really pull the replay off his Wii and I haven't played much PM recently to try it anymore

Key Chain

Smash Cadet
give us the ol' poverty cellphone footage then. I dont think 60fps 1080p is necessary for this but maybe thats just me.

Mudokon117

Smash Cadet
Yeah, if what you said is true that tech could be a really big deal. You can't just tease us with this kind of thing!

Phubs

Smash Cadet
Well does anyone know how to get a replay off the Wii and onto dolphin so I can tas it?

Phubs

Smash Cadet
I might be going to his house today I'll do the cell phone thing

Mudokon117

Smash Cadet
I'd love to help you with the replay thing, but I have no idea how. Honestly just a crappy video for proof it works will be enough for me to try and figure it out. Thanks!

Phubs

Smash Cadet
YouTube.com/watch?v=Ih5g9OXsFAAOXsFAA

My friend did got it, as you can see it is pretty crazy, even if you don't connect the attack it would be an unexpectedly fast approach

Mudokon117

Smash Cadet
Hunh, that is INTERESTING. I'm afraid it might be caused by Wario Man's jank though. I'll test it out and see what I can figure out. Thanks for making the video man!

Last edited:

Phubs

Smash Cadet
Yeah I didn't know warioman had that windbox until a minute ago

trusty

Smash Apprentice

My friend did got it, as you can see it is pretty crazy, even if you don't connect the attack it would be an unexpectedly fast approach
That is bonkers

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Warioman's Up Smash has an incredibly powerful and obscenely large windbox. It was absolutely Warioman.

Last edited:

sneakytako

Smash Lord
You can also ledge cancel up-b's strong hitbox if you have enough horizontal momentum.

Actually I'm not sure if it's a real ledge cancel, I know you can land with up-b's landing hitbox and slide off a platorm, but IIRC it might lock you into that landing animation, it's pretty wonky.

Last edited:

Mudokon117

Smash Cadet
Tako, I can confirm that only works if you get a boost from hitting a shield or a wind box or something. It's kinda neat though!

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think you need attacker shield velocity to do it.

But I think you can do it off of hurtboxes too, which means it might be possible to use waddles, shy guys, balloons, etc to make this effect happen.

Mudokon117

Smash Cadet
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Do you think it might be possible to get one off landing on a waddle? That's insanely situational but I guess it's theoretically possible to set that up.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I'm kinda under character crisis right now lol.

I think I main marth, but I play MK, Wario, D3 as well in tournament.

I'm currently working on my Rob, because I think he's broken.

Top Bottom