• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede nerf?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
According to the 2.0.0 patch notes, the moving gordo has "reduced attack range." I'm guessing this means that the hitbox size of the gordo was made smaller (it was the size of Texas after all), can anyone clarify? Is this a super effective nerf?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Huh, the way it was phrased I thought ti meant that it wouldn't go as far if you did the long shot variant

APairOfSocks

Smash Rookie
From what I understand and have been reading. The hitbox of the gordo is decreased. Essentially this means it is slightly worse against characters with short hit boxes, and it is pretty much unchanged against characters with disjointed hit boxes.
You'll be less likely to get lucky trades against characters with disjoints. and characters without disjoint will be less likely to get bad trades with the gordo.
is it a nerf? Yeah its a small nerf, although it will still be good against stubby characters and amazing for ledge traps.

ItsLogic

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure it just means that the gordo has a smaller hitbox, but yeah thats it

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Ok the only thing this does is get rid of the double hits. This was a good thing cuz we can now reliably edgeguard and not worry about the Gordo hitting twice and not send them flying. DeDeDe’s Gordo was changed to this from 4 so we can edgeguard better, the one thing D3 excels At, the double hit infringes on this ability. So if anything this “nerf” is a buff.
And that’s how mafia works

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Ok the only thing this does is get rid of the double hits. This was a good thing cuz we can now reliably edgeguard and not worry about the Gordo hitting twice and not send them flying. DeDeDe’s Gordon was change to this from 4 so we can edgeguard better, the one thing D3 excels Out, the double hit infringes on this ability. So if anything this “nerf” is a buff.
And that’s how mafia works
Good to know! Was hoping it wasn't that bad. I guess the dev team wanted it to be a buff and we took it the wrong way.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Good to know! Was hoping it wasn't that bad. I guess the dev team wanted it to be a buff and we took it the wrong way.
Like I said, nerfs d3 to buff him Lol. But this is all we got from the patch and it isn’t bad for us. I see a lot of D3 mains complaining how we were “nerfed” so I’m smacking them all in the face with facts.
But yes, in the end the d3’s took it the wrong way.

Last edited:

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
he's Sakurai's pet, it would seem baised if he was too good. same with kirby and meta knight
Yeah, but it doesn’t make it right for them to both be such terrible characters. Even though MetaKnight dominated Brawl, he should at least still have had some better options.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
DeDeDe is a solid low-mid tier rn, this is a huge boost from 4 where he was bottom tier, d3 in brawl was also a mid-tier. So d3 got a lot of attention from sakurai and I couldn’t be happier tbh. The only thing I could really ask for his to bring back POTENTIAL Jab mixups. In 4 we had jab-jab infinite, jab jab to grab. Jab jab d-tilt as not true but good mixups. However we lost these because sakurai fixed our jab. Our jab 3 could be broke by the other character jabbing themselves and was really bad. So if there was a way to bring back the mixups AND keep the fixed ultimate jab. Then i’d Be set for life!

D

Deleted member

Really? Solid low-mid tier? I still believe that D3 is viable in tournaments (good against Fire Emblem characters, has an advantage over Snake, and counters most low-tiers).

dankDadi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7920 2309 3314
Really? Solid low-mid tier? I still believe that D3 is viable in tournaments (good against Fire Emblem characters, has an advantage over Snake, and counters most low-tiers).
i dont see where you are coming from when you say dedede is good against fire emblem characters

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
We out range all the fire emblem characters which frustrates them, but when they get in, we are goners. But yes I stand by d3 being at the lower end of the middle tiers

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
OK, so the 3.0 update nerfed almost all projectiles, including Dedede's gordos. They do less damage on shield making them weaker on block and worse at poking (I think).

D

Deleted member

Does forward smash/dash attack still break shields? Or is it just the Gordos that got nerfed.
OK, so the 3.0 update nerfed almost all projectiles, including Dedede's gordos. They do less damage on shield making them weaker on block and worse at poking (I think).

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Does forward smash/dash attack still break shields? Or is it just the Gordos that got nerfed.
I tried to shield break with the up tossed Gordo to f-smash combo and it didn’t shield break. #Pissed

Dash attack doesn’t break shields (when has it ever?) and F-smash does but half to fullest charged tho

Up B should, but it doesn’t #SadFace

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Yeah all the projectile chars lost their ability to poke shields, DeDeDe is gonna be a little harder now, but come on, it’s not like we ever get off ugordo and fsmash consistently anyways.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
Fsmash doesn't instantly cleave a shield open anymore though. To be fair, it was a glitch that D3's fsmash hits twice.
And its not like people shielded gordos anyway :)

Top Bottom