• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede is driving me nuts.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Anyone named OwO from New York, I applaud thee. I assume you want me to literally sell my game and kill myself for being bad at handling you in general.

But that's not the point. The point is, that guy ended up showing how beast his Dedede was, or maybe I was just too ******** to do anything.

If that's the case, via me using Falco, Fox, Wario, both Pits and Meta Knight very often, how the hell do I combat this character properly?

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Anyone named OwO from New York, I applaud thee. I assume you want me to literally sell my game and kill myself for being bad at handling you in general.

But that's not the point. The point is, that guy ended up showing how beast his Dedede was, or maybe I was just too ******** to do anything.

If that's the case, via me using Falco, Fox, Wario, both Pits and Meta Knight very often, how the hell do I combat this character properly?
Falco is a great character to combat D3. Focus on hit gordos back at him and being patient. It is very easy to fair string him too. juggle Dedede because he is a fast falling heavyweight.
Visit here to learn more : https://discord.gg/E8ZQD8W

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Falco is a great character to combat D3. Focus on hit gordos back at him and being patient. It is very easy to fair string him too. juggle Dedede because he is a fast falling heavyweight.
Visit here to learn more : https://discord.gg/E8ZQD8W
Well, to be honest, he was using his aerials very effectively, and at one point my morale greatly dropped to the point where I just kept getting hit by stuff.

Yeah, I guess I haven't practiced enough in that matchup. Ty for that advice tho.

However, the problem still remains with his neutral and down aerials covering his landing very well, and his neutral aerial in particular having little landing lag.

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Well, to be honest, he was using his aerials very effectively, and at one point my morale greatly dropped to the point where I just kept getting hit by stuff.

Yeah, I guess I haven't practiced enough in that matchup. Ty for that advice tho.

However, the problem still remains with his neutral and down aerials covering his landing very well, and his neutral aerial in particular having little landing lag.
Anytime man , that sounds like you weren't being patient enough.

DearGodzTheStupid

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post

Being an over dramatic **** wit again i see

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Being an over dramatic **** wit again i see
I get it. I know. But right now I don't even want to look at those posts again via my profile picture change and Old Shame, but I have no idea how to delete my threads.

But are you still really going out of your way to make sure I don't live **** down or something? If that's the case then apologizing to you might be a waste of time. I'm trying to get some damn legit advice here.

Last edited:

DearGodzTheStupid

Smash Rookie
I get it. I know. But right now I don't even want to look at those posts again via my profile picture change and Old Shame, but I have no idea how to delete my threads.

But are you still really going out of your way to make sure I don't live **** down or something? If that's the case then apologizing to you might be a waste of time. I'm trying to get some damn legit advice here.
Much like how its a waste of time for others to give you advice since you clearly dont listen to others.

Despite everything everyones said, youre still saying disturbing **** like "Oh you have the right to tell me to kill myself." Over losing in a video game? Yeah youre a pathetic drama queen. Grow the hell up and just play a ****ing video game.

TheHappyDino7

Smash Rookie
Much like how its a waste of time for others to give you advice since you clearly dont listen to others.

Despite everything everyones said, youre still saying disturbing **** like "Oh you have the right to tell me to kill myself." Over losing in a video game? Yeah youre a pathetic drama queen. Grow the hell up and just play a ****ing video game.
Someone is salty. Or whatever. Calm down dude.

Cyro_

Smash Cadet
In a attempt to try and get this thread back on topic.

Take advantage of the fact that you're playing a MUCH faster character. :4falco: has amazing aerials with the proper spacing and timing and don't forget about your blaster it has a hit stun, as well as being able to set up some helpful ledge guards. Another thing is :4dedede: has some slow moves so try to shield some and punish it with moves that are much quicker. Also as it has already been stated you can hit his gordos back at him, take advantage of that as much as possible.

TheHappyDino7

Smash Rookie
In a attempt to try and get this thread back on topic.

Take advantage of the fact that you're playing a MUCH faster character. :4falco: has amazing aerials with the proper spacing and timing and don't forget about your blaster it has a hit stun, as well as being able to set up some helpful ledge guards. Another thing is :4dedede: has some slow moves so try to shield some and punish it with moves that are much quicker. Also as it has already been stated you can hit his gordos back at him, take advantage of that as much as possible.
I agree, Falco is a fairly good choice. As a DeDeDe user, sometimes it is a bit hard to get in quick, but some Falco's just spam their Shine to hit the Gordo back. It's annoying, but it does work. I do also use Falco, so yeah

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
And why is that?
It's because I used to be a bit of a ranter, like I said. Looks like someone isn't letting me live it down....I mean, I did post some dumb **** here and there so it's still my fault.

And yeah, I've been having some dumb low-self esteem and my prior posts pretty much shows it all. I'm technically an idiot and someone clearly doesn't trust me to actually change.

And yes, she's right. I didn't listen to others very often. The one thing I was annoyed with from their advice was merely trying to add friend codes since I was unsure of how much I needed to add (possibly thousands); I play alone a lot very often and trying to schedule playtimes with others isn't a strong suit of mine.

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I agree, Falco is a fairly good choice. As a DeDeDe user, sometimes it is a bit hard to get in quick, but some Falco's just spam their Shine to hit the Gordo back. It's annoying, but it does work. I do also use Falco, so yeah
In a way, that's true. Sadly, the Dedede player I was against had morale on his side, and I was making some bad choices and trying to go for very risky punishes. I guess I don't know the Dedede matchup that well; cause let's face it, how often do you see him on For Glory?

And granted, I was on 3DS; there's more dedicated players on there (cocky + degrading or not) that are almost nothing like the usual players you complain about from the more commonly-played Wii U version.

Last edited:

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
And granted, I was on 3DS; there's more dedicated players on there (cocky + degrading or not) that are almost nothing like the usual players you complain about from the more commonly-played Wii U version.
The platform you play on doesn't determine your dedication. I dont know where you got that idea from but I'd drop that mindset right quick. Its pretty dismissive of other players who have probably put an equal amount of dedication into the game, just because they have a Wii U doesnt invalidate that.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
The platform you play on doesn't determine your dedication. I dont know where you got that idea from but I'd drop that mindset right quick. Its pretty dismissive of other players who have probably put an equal amount of dedication into the game, just because they have a Wii U doesnt invalidate that.
It's mainly cause I've noticed so much of the usual complains and/or montages being on the Wii U version, and Wii U is also the tournament standard version. Who ever plays on 3DS nowadays? If you think about it that is.

And from my personal experience, nowadays I rarely ever see roll-spammers. I used to see beginner-level players but nowadays a lot of them have a notable form of competence ever since I've played around last month.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
What is giving you trouble against Dedede? If you narrowed the problems down some more, then it would be a little easier to help you. Not trying to be an old stink about things, sorry if you take this like I'm being an old stink.

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
What is giving you trouble against Dedede? If you narrowed the problems down some more, then it would be a little easier to help you. Not trying to be an old stink about things, sorry if you take this like I'm being an old stink.
Well, I guess the player I was matched against was actually too high above my skill level. He was basically trashing me with other characters before switching to Dedede possibly just to show off that he could put me in my place.

So in that sense, it was basically my own fault for trying to ask for such a form of 'masochism'.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Well, I guess the player I was matched against was actually too high above my skill level. He was basically trashing me with other character before switching to Dedede possibly just to show off that he could put me in my place.

So in that sense, it was basically my own fault for trying to ask for such a form of 'masochism'.
That....Still doesn't help...If you're having trouble in a matchup, and you asked, we are here to give you advice, from what I've read here, we might as well say git gud and it would be all we can really do, since you aren't really saying what about him aggravates you and gives you trouble.

Astra_

Smash Cadet
I recommend using a sword fighting character such as Shulk, Corrin, etc these characters have great counters and are overpowered if used correctly in battle

Astra_

Smash Cadet
Also what I mean by "if used correctly in battle" is use the character like its that character not like another character

Don't use Mario like a Roy

Use Mario as a Mario

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Also what I mean by "if used correctly in battle" is use the character like its that character not like another character

Don't use Mario like a Roy

Use Mario as a Mario
Here's the funny thing. I don't actually 'main' Mario, like AT all. Neither Luigi.

Wario? Somewhat close enough if you regard some of his 'shared moves' like a sex kick as well as a similar back throw and up smash.

Red-Villain

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedVillainy
Falco is actually a tricky match-up. Keep the Dedede out of the air by using falco's superior aerial acceleration and aerial frame data. Once he's on the ground surprise him with a random reflector shield > blaster for a jab lock. In fact, Falco's laser is the bane of his existence, and forces his approach.

Top Bottom