• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Database (The *Buuman trap* included) UPDATED 7/17/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buuman

Smash Ace
lol, I don't care if you guys can't land it. I really don't. I'm just trying to explain it in a way that everyone can grasp it. I land it nearly all the time I do it, which is probably just from experience.

And tec, where are you from?

I'll $50 money match anything you got. Let me know, so we can play in person. ;)

NOTE TO EVERYONE: I said in my thread that it's unavoidable 100% of the time if they MISS THE TECH and if you space, and time it right. If they tech, it makes it more difficult, but still possible.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
So lets just clear this up right now.

Buuman trap works, its.... just based off of HOPING the opponent fails. It's all good.

However to me, things in brawl based off of hoping is obsolete, THOUGH can be used on occasion when the situation arrises. I say always be prepared to punish a tech, but when one notices they didn't tech as part of their mixup, be ready to use this.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
lol, I don't care if you guys can't land it. I really don't. I'm just trying to explain it in a way that everyone can grasp it. I land it nearly all the time I do it, which is probably just from experience.

And tec, where are you from?

I'll $50 money match anything you got. Let me know, so we can play in person. ;)

NOTE TO EVERYONE: I said in my thread that it's unavoidable 100% of the time if they MISS THE TECH and if you space, and time it right. If they tech, it makes it more difficult, but still possible.
50 dollar money match sounds good. My location is unknown. If I see your name appear in a tournament I go to I'll be sure to find you. This will be another easy money win for me.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
So lets just clear this up right now.

Down throw to Down smash near edge works, its.... just based off of HOPING the opponent fails. It's all good.

However to me, things in brawl based off of hoping is obsolete, THOUGH can be used on occasion when the situation arrises. I say always be prepared to punish a tech, but when one notices they didn't tech as part of their mixup, be ready to use this.
Fixed ;);););););)

CO18

Smash Hero
50 dollar money match sounds good. My location is unknown. If I see your name appear in a tournament I go to I'll be sure to find you. This will be another easy money win for me.
You be hustlin n1ggaaa but buuman is really good too so I dunno. Plus its a D3 ditto lol

Its only manly if its a non-infinite MM.

Btw Buuman you going to genesis?

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
You be hustlin n1ggaaa but buuman is really good too so I dunno. Plus its a D3 ditto lol

Its only manly if its a non-infinite MM.

Btw Buuman you going to genesis?
Shhhh ;) I'm just a random. Haha :laugh::laugh:.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I may be going to genesis.

And to add onto what Seibrik noted, if the opponent techs, and you're worried they'll perfect shield, react to that. Go for another grab, or inhale, or whatever you see fit.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice

And to add onto what Seibrik noted, if the opponent techs, and you're worried they'll perfect shield, react to that. Go for another grab, or inhale, or whatever you see fit.
Wow you're finally agreeing with me.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I'm not agreeing with you. I just feel like I should mention that, I originally thought it was common sense and didn't think I'd have this issue.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
lol, there was no such thing as a trap, I came up with the idea of this being unavoidabe...you know what...I'm not gonna waste my time with you. I named it because its unavoidable...and showed why, and how to set it up. GTFO of my thread, and find something else to do >,>

fatman said:
I'm not agreeing with you. I just feel like I should mention that, I originally thought it was common sense and didn't think I'd have this issue.
You can dodge all you want and say you're agreeing with seibrik truth of the matter is it was my ideology that caused this. So... Wow you're finally agreeing with me.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Lol whatever. No one cares, nor do I.

Let me just make TEC feel better and say that I'm agreeing with him.

I made it perfectly clear that if you tech, you may not get the trap off, in my guide...look so I don't have to keep typing this. Moving on now.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice

I made it perfectly clear that if you tech, you may not get the trap off, in my guide...look so I don't have to keep typing this. Moving on now.
If you didn't care you would have ignored me by now hence proving my point you do care. By the way great job on editing it love it. Last edited 05-15-2009.... Gg

Jupz

Smash Master
Guys it dosen't matter, as Buuman said no-one cares. Lets just read buumans amazing thread of D3 info and stop arguing :)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Guys it dosen't matter, as Buuman said no-one cares. Lets just read buumans amazing thread of D3 info and stop arguing :)
Agreed. I get more down smash kills from the trap than up tilt anyways, and you never know what you might learn from that informative thread...such as pressing up to throwing a waddle dee with more upward trajectory!

Jupz

Smash Master
I've tried that on training, and its hardly a noticeable difference :p still a nice piece of information to have.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. I get more down smash kills from the trap than up tilt anyways, and you never know what you might learn from that informative thread...such as pressing up to throwing a waddle dee with more upward trajectory!
You should be getting more kills with backair. Stop playing bad people.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
You should be getting more kills with backair. Stop playing bad people.
You shouldn't assume that, I'm saying that I get good kills from the down smash because people are stupid enough...
And back air and grab "should" be the most often used moves that King Dedede should be using because back air has amazing priority, so you won't get back air kills anyways.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
You shouldn't assume that, I'm saying that I get good kills from the down smash because people are stupid enough...
And back air and grab "should" be the most often used moves that King Dedede should be using because back air has amazing priority, so you won't get back air kills anyways.
Do you even understand how move deterioration works? Understand the game mechanics then talk. I should of assumed you're a bad player judging by your previous statement.... baka -_-.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Based off of word choice, its Vayseth.
Could be wrong. Might be Foresaken.
He was big on originality and Tech said somethin bout that.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Do you even understand how move deterioration works? Understand the game mechanics then talk. I should of assumed you're a bad player judging by your previous statement.... baka -_-.
-----------------------------------------

I feel like him right now.^^^

Buuman

Smash Ace
I may be doing a big update on this. Although I'm reconsidering it, I don't know if it's worth my time to be honest. Got a lot of stuff going on right now, and I'm not even sure how useful this thread to the general Dedede public. Idk, If I'm gonna do an update, it may not be for at least a few weeks.

Vayseth

Smash Master
This has been seriously updated since I first read it. AWESOME stuff here man.

I especially liked the information regarding the doos and the dees.

Which brings me to my next point...

Ever notice DDD throwing nothing but you hear the Gordo sound? Anyone ever wonder why that is? I've noticed it happens almost EVERY time you smash the stick forward. Maybe tilting the stick is a way to get more gordos to come out?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Ever notice DDD throwing nothing but you hear the Gordo sound? Anyone ever wonder why that is? I've noticed it happens almost EVERY time you smash the stick forward. Maybe tilting the stick is a way to get more gordos to come out?
This is the exact same thing when King Dedede throws nothing and you hear a waddle dee sound, you just got lucky with an unthrown Gordo because two other waddle dees were still out. Whenever he throws nothing, that means that the other two waddle dees were knocked back somewhere and are still onscreen, and for some reason, one of the waddle dees don't disappear when you input a sideB again, which makes him throw nothing.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Waddle dees/doos are too good! They can survive dededes uptilt :)
You are very welcome Vayseth.

And I can explain this one too. Literally, waddle dee and waddle doos can never die, they are just considered to just be hit off the stage or offscreen. So that should explain why when they're knocked back vertically like by an up tilt, that they'll come back down and survive on the stage.
I love them too, they're just that manly. I have a thing for Waddle Doo though, he's beasty :), like in my signature.

Jupz

Smash Master
Woah yeah! I love em all. Waddle dees are the cutest, doos are the funniest, and I love popping out the occasional gordo. the gordo just seems so mean.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
You are very welcome Vayseth.

And I can explain this one too. Literally, waddle dee and waddle doos can never die, they are just considered to just be hit off the stage or offscreen. So that should explain why when they're knocked back vertically like by an up tilt, that they'll come back down and survive on the stage.
I love them too, they're just that manly. I have a thing for Waddle Doo though, he's beasty :), like in my signature.
They disappear back into Dedede's lair. Btw Waddle Dee to Uptilt works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom