• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Database (The *Buuman trap* included) UPDATED 7/17/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Ahaha, thanks doom for finding that vid, but that wasn't it. I should be getting a vid of it up soon from Godathand, I just need our tourney match from him.

Also CO, I guess the best way to describe it...is lets say you're near the edge of the stage, you down throw someone so if they roll away from you, the ledge stops there roll, and at this point u can charge a down smash, during the charge dedede leans back avoiding most get up attacks if u space it right, then no matter which input your opponent does at this point, they will get hit. If they roll to the edge, the difference between that and getting up in pace should be negligible, so regardless they will get hit if they roll away or get up in place. If the get up attack, it should miss if u space it right, and start the d smash charge at the right time, and if they roll towards you, release the smash accordingly

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the reason this wont work is cuz the mk can just wait for ur charge.

if he does, ur charge is gona end before hes forced to get up, and so he can just wait to see the attack, then time his roll/getup with invincability so it doesnt hit him.

Fail?

but tru, it should catch lesser players off guard sometimes maybe

T3h Albino

Smash Master
the reason this wont work is cuz the mk can just wait for ur charge.

if he does, ur charge is gona end before hes forced to get up, and so he can just wait to see the attack, then time his roll/getup with invincability so it doesnt hit him.

Fail?

but tru, it should catch lesser players off guard sometimes maybe
i think you space it so even if they dont get up they still get hit

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
The enemy can't avoid it thats why its called "The Buuman Trap" lolz

Make a video about it soon because I think none one actually gets how to do it.

CO18

Smash Hero
i think you space it so even if they dont get up they still get hit
He doesn't mean that. He means the opponent waiting until they see you release the downsmash then use their get up invincibility frames to escape and most likely punish.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
The enemy can't avoid it thats why its called "The Buuman Trap" lolz

Make a video about it soon because I think none one actually gets how to do it.
i definitely get how do to it, and either

A) buuman overlooked what i pointed out

or

B) it just hasnt happened to him

its a really good mindgame, there being only one safe answer to it. most mk's will prolly roll or react to the charge, instead of waiting.

but if we're making a guide on stuff, it shouldnt be based off of hoping, it should be what will and will not work on the smartest of opponents.

Buuman

Smash Ace
i definitely get how do to it, and either

A) buuman overlooked what i pointed out

or

B) it just hasnt happened to him

its a really good mindgame, there being only one safe answer to it. most mk's will prolly roll or react to the charge, instead of waiting.

but if we're making a guide on stuff, it shouldnt be based off of hoping, it should be what will and will not work on the smartest of opponents.
Neither actually. What I left out, is wait about a second or so after the down throw, then begin the charge accordingly, NEVER immediately start the down smash charge. 99% of the time I just wait and watch the character..and as soon as I see them move 1 frame, I start charging the down smash. Trust me, this works...I wouldn't post if it didn't.

I never said this was easy. Timing does go into this. always watch your opponent. And I should have a video up of this soon, I landed it three times in a tourney match against one of the best zeldas on the east coast. I actually just received the videa, so if anyone wan't to see it before it goes on you tube let me know.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Projectiles that the F tilt stops

Pits' Arrows
Ice Blocks
Diddy's Peanuts
Thunder Jolts
Razor leaf
PK Fire
Aura sphere (Uncharged and Charged when Lucario is at low %)
Fireballs
PK thunder
Boomerangs
Arrows (Link and Toon Link)
Samus Charge beam (Uncharged)
Samus Missiles
Fix'd -----

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
How to read this:
2-20 - Invincibility frames duration / 25 - Total number of frames

Spot Dodge

2-20 / 27

Back Roll

4-19 / 32

Foward Roll

4-19 / 32

Air Dodge

4-29 / 39
Took from here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225510

Credit goes to K Prime for this frame data.

As you can see King DeDeDe's Forward and Back roll are the exact same and our Air Dodge sucks but Spot Dodge is awesome.

So because K Prime is a Fantastic person he agreed to find out the frame data on Mecha Hammer for me

Press Down B once and release
hitbox: 29-30
IASA: 77

release b while charging
hitbox: 12-13
IASA: 60

release b while full charge:
hitbox: 9-11 (you have to stand really really close to get hit on the 9th frame.)
IASA: 70

Using the hammer while its charging has less lag than doing it without charging.
It has the same speed as your average smash attack so it can't be too useful but decent for mindgames.
Add that frame data Buuman.

More Info:
Dedede can B-reverse all of his B moves.
Dedede weight is 1.071(4th heaviest)
Dedede Horizontal Air Speed is 2.10 (he has the worst one)
Dedede Fall Speed is 0.29 (relatively fast)
The stars from the Up B cause 5%

Buuman

Smash Ace
Also, I've done some testing and...smash canceling is :

When you're charging a smash on a stage that shifts, like either of the pokemon stadiums, and u hold shield while your charging the smash, when the stage shifts, your smash will cancel into a shield. I'm too lazy to post under tactical discussion so if someone feels like doing that, feel free :)

Also, I'm testing D3s inhale on the ledge...

Guys...I'm getting crazy results. If someone is hanging on the ledge, and you begin an inhale and they try to jump, they get stage spiked. Every char Ive tried this against, it has worked so far. I'm looking more into it, and seeing if it's incorprateable in tourney play. Maybe I'll have some usefull footage soon

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I think this was found a while ago by Sonic mains but I don't anyone actually uses "Smash Canceling" because its completely situational.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Its all hit to miss stuff Smexy.
They expect you to have lag, then you don't.
They hit your sheild, you grab and punish.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Its all hit to miss stuff Smexy.
They expect you to have lag, then you don't.
They hit your sheild, you grab and punish.
mindgames lolololol

No seriously... You cancel the Fsmash while its charging, you don't have any lag at that point, you can't cancel it into a shield when the huge ending lag comes.

Nobody approaches while D3 is charging his hammer (nobody smart of course) they approach AFTER when hes at ending lag frames so they can punish.

Buuman

Smash Ace
essentially, but right now, I'm trying to figure out the applications for the suck spike. I'll figure it out. Also testing falcos and snakes minimum kill %s from d3s up tilt

Zinayzen

Smash Apprentice
The Buuman Trap is easy to avoid and easy to punish. You can't hold a charge forever, but I'm fairly sure you can lay down for quite a while. Stay down while you charge it, and then roll when it's released. You've got rolling frames to pass the hammer, and now DDD's ending lag is enough to be punished.

Unless I'm mistaken.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
That's why you don't start the charge till the character moves.

Than, where ever they go they get hit. It's not hard to understand.

It's essentially a "tech chase" with stage spacing to garuntee the DSmash.

Buuman

Smash Ace
lol, some people just don't understand the concept of thinking while they play. Not everything is concrete, you have to time it right. It's not hard, well for me anyway, just time it right.

I usually watch for a frame of animation of the opponent that is lying on the ground, then AND ONLY THEN, I start a down smash charge. The point of the charge is not to increase knockback/damage, it's to avoid getup attacks from foes.

And yes Zinayzen, you are mistaken. I advise you to read more thoroughly, or PM me if you have any problems. I included a video so that should have helped. I understand you are new and want to increase your post count, but my thread is not the place to do it.

Zinayzen

Smash Apprentice
My bad. Misread your post, I didn't realize you start the charge once they roll away.

And Buuman, that's a bit harsh. Instead of just answering my question or correcting me, you call me a moron and tell me to read better, not that you explained the trap very well in the first place.

I've heard people say that these are some of the friendliest Brawl boards. I have to say, you being someone who I assume has been around here for quite a while, you're not exactly upholding that image. I assume the point of these boards is to invite new members to get in here and actually LEARN how to play Dedede to the best of their ability. Otherwise you wouldn't have created a thread explaining your "special trap".

Show a little courtesy, man. You were new at one point too.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I've heard people say that these are some of the friendliest Brawl boards.
Make mad love to me Zin. Be my friend. Be my very best friend. **** me friendly.

And we are friendly. Trust me, those ZSS board members are such *****es they won't let someone start a stage discussion thread without saying, WE DON'T NEED IT.

Buuman

Smash Ace
My bad. Misread your post, I didn't realize you start the charge once they roll away.

And Buuman, that's a bit harsh. Instead of just answering my question or correcting me, you call me a moron and tell me to read better, not that you explained the trap very well in the first place.

I've heard people say that these are some of the friendliest Brawl boards. I have to say, you being someone who I assume has been around here for quite a while, you're not exactly upholding that image. I assume the point of these boards is to invite new members to get in here and actually LEARN how to play Dedede to the best of their ability. Otherwise you wouldn't have created a thread explaining your "special trap".

Show a little courtesy, man. You were new at one point too.
Well sometimes things won't always be explained and aren't use friendly. We're a pretty friendly community. You should be thankful I even introduced the trap. And life is harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom