• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Cannot Throw Items With "items Off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
DeDeDe does seem like an amazing character to started off with. However, I'm not maining him due to a certain blue hedgehog, a courage triforce weilder, and an ace pilot. But I will be using DeDeDe from time to time.

I came to this thread expecting an analysis of his abilities broken down based on each different opponent, but I was sorely mistaken.

Way too much time was spent to make this thread.
And why'd this guy get bashed, I expected exactly what he did. It's a funny thread though. I'd agree to that.

DarkHero9360

Smash Cadet
sonic: weird fighting style, can't damage player with out putting his life on the line and when he finally get their damage to a good ko point it's hell trying to get the kill.

link: he's allright but his attacks all have some sort of lag of what? i don't know!? and what's the deal with his b moves? i thought they couldn't get any worse...was i wrong. gale boomarang is full of fail and the bow seems to be weaker.

space animals: no threat whatsoever except falco...he's a monster, with his lasers, a new better shine, and a chain grab, his nerfs don't look like much...

don't get me wrong, ddd can handle them all no problem but falco stands out as the new ''it''
the day of the fox is over....DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDEDEDEDEDE!!!FTW!

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Sonic: Actually you're right about him having a weird fighting style. The putting his life on the line thing, I can't really agree with. He's looking better and better from what I've seen, he'll turn out fine.

Link: The only B move that was changed considerably was his boomerang, and it's nothing sad. He can still combo into it. His bombs were also buffed.

Falco: Can't agree more.

I don't know... DeDeDe looks to be another n00b/revenge character like how Sheik was in melee.

the homosaurus rex

Smash Cadet
My username would be an inside joke. No, I'm not gay, but I shouldn't really need to defend my sexuality.

As far as this thread is concerned, it's just a waste of time, imo. I think people would care more about game details and not a list of middle school humor.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
My username would be an inside joke. No, I'm not gay, but I shouldn't really need to defend my sexuality.

As far as this thread is concerned, it's just a waste of time, imo. I think people would care more about game details and not a list of middle school humor.
I apologize for anyone on this thread insulting you. Many people have taken a liking to it and stand up to defend it when it is criticized.

As far as your opinion, well, to each his own. If you don't like it, that's cool, I can respect that, but saying people would care more about game details when this is the most commented (mostly positive) and most viewed topic in the King Dedede discussion area, makes me question your logic regarding that statement.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
Whoever opposes The King will get smacked by his Royal Hammer! Believe me I tried it

May the King and his many Minions find it in their hearts to grant mercy and forgiveness to all who oppose his reign.

DeDeDe for God Tier!!

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
YOU, SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!
xD That's just my opinion I hear a lot of people saying that DeDeDe was very easy to pick up on. And that was the same case for Sheik.

Whoever opposes The King will get smacked by his Royal Hammer! Believe me I tried it

May the King and his many Minions find it in their hearts to grant mercy and forgiveness to all who oppose his reign.

DeDeDe for God Tier!!
We all know that NO ONE wants a God Tier character. A character in which you are ensured victor with would be pretty boring. The only reason you would probably play as him is for revenge or just to see how low his percentage is when you win. Well that's my opinion I suppose.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
HERACY! How dare thee insult the King!? Thou shalt be slain and....blah blah blah

Anyways, I wouldn't say 'everyone likes him', but I also wouldn't say 'nobody likes him' because all that would do anger and annoy everyone else who is actually on topic(at least on this thread). I don't even care much for DeDeDe but it's funner to praise him than it is to disagree with the common belief of the people posting on this thread.

the homosaurus rex

Smash Cadet
I apologize for anyone on this thread insulting you. Many people have taken a liking to it and stand up to defend it when it is criticized.

As far as your opinion, well, to each his own. If you don't like it, that's cool, I can respect that, but saying people would care more about game details when this is the most commented (mostly positive) and most viewed topic in the King Dedede discussion area, makes me question your logic regarding that statement.
Just because the majority likes something doesn't mean it is right. The responses to this thread make me question the maturity level of those who posted "positive" responses. I'm sorry but I found no humor in this thread, and therefore I felt the need to express this. Anyone who wants to argue with me can do so in an intelligent manner. Should it come down to a battle of wits, I'm quite sure I have the majority of this board handled.

But don't get me wrong. I very much look forward to playing Dedede. I'm a very competitive Smasher, and so I think time should be spent analyzing the game instead of making a thread with childish humor.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Just because the majority likes something doesn't mean it is right. The responses to this thread make me question the maturity level of those who posted "positive" responses. I'm sorry but I found no humor in this thread, and therefore I felt the need to express this. Anyone who wants to argue with me can do so in an intelligent manner. Should it come down to a battle of wits, I'm quite sure I have the majority of this board handled.

But don't get me wrong. I very much look forward to playing Dedede. I'm a very competitive Smasher, and so I think time should be spent analyzing the game instead of making a thread with childish humor.
You can't argue if something is funny or not. That's pretty much impossible, seeing as everyone has a different sense of humor.

Also, insulting the maturity level of most of the people that posted here isn't going to win you any points with anyone. Actually, now that I think about it, to insult a bunch of people on an internet message board for finding something funny that you don't makes me question your maturity level.

And why should we spend all of our time analyzing the game instead of having fun once in a while? Mew2King, someone who probably spent more time analyzing Super Smash Bros. Melee than anyone else, even enjoyed this thread.

Basically, lighten up.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
Just because you can string together a few words doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. Your negative response in a thread that has done nothing wrong makes me question your maturity as well.

If you don't like the topic, then go post in one of the thousands of others. As I've said before, those of us who have gotten enjoyment out of this topic follow a higher cause that your weak arguments can't hope to touch.

And don't worry, no one here is going to engage in a "battle of wits" with you. You're not worth the effort.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to agree with the ideals of this thread. King Dedede was the character I wanted most in SSBB and, when he appeared on the Dojo, I was perfectly content with the game.

He'll definately be the first character I try out once I first touch the game and I doubt he'll leave the long list of potential mains I have going.

I salute you, Tank McCannon.

the homosaurus rex

Smash Cadet
Just because you can string together a few words doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. Your negative response in a thread that has done nothing wrong makes me question your maturity as well.

If you don't like the topic, then go post in one of the thousands of others. As I've said before, those of us who have gotten enjoyment out of this topic follow a higher cause that your weak arguments can't hope to touch.

And don't worry, no one here is going to engage in a "battle of wits" with you. You're not worth the effort.
If you all have a problem with me expressing my opinion, then make a **** rule that states "do not state your opinion if it doesn't agree with the majority of the board." Until I see that rule, I will state my opinion as I wish.

And what "higher cause" are you talking about? Oh, someone giggled a little bit at this thread. Really, someone explain to me what makes this thread so "amazing".

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Great thread:laugh:. King DDD is one of the characters I was really looking forward to. I've been a big fan of DDD ever since Kirby Crystal Shards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom