• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DED Meteor Off-Stage

a_real_travisty

Smash Rookie
Do you ever go off-stage and try to get the 3rd UP B of DED to spike your opponent? It's very satisfying to land so I'm willing to SD for the cause, but I find myself whiffing the 3rd hit a lot practicing this. Any pointers?

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Don't do it, It's a terrible option. Roy can apply good pressure on ledge with counter, n-air, or f-air.
You're having trouble landing it in practice because it's nearly impossible to land offstage. on stage you can start the DED with side B then up B then down B. but off stage they can just jump out.

Plus its a meteor so it wouldn't even spike, they could just up B out of it

a_real_travisty

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the input! I guess I get a little greedy off-stage and like going for style points lol

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Link24b
3DS FC
1418-6839-5991
Doing this onstage right at the ledge kinda sorta works if they're on yoshi's story or somewhere that the blast zone is really short reducing the chance of a meteor cancel

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
You could try dthrow -> DED on like, Peach or Ganon or something, but it's pretty jank. That said, I land it more than I feel I should.

Top Bottom