• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deconfirmed characters that keep you salty?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
In Peach's own game she doesn't use her caretakers to fight and toads never engage in a fight not even in their own game, summoners like Lucas & Zelda only have one move dedicated to their summon and it doesn't overshadow them like toad does for Peach. The Smash Team can make mistakes and this is not a Peach like thing to do.
In Mario games, Peach also doesn't do hip attacks, hit people with her crown, use heart magic to attack, do rainbow magic trails with her hands, twirl in midair, do rapid aerial kicks or make explosions with her rear, yet here we are. To make a character like Peach work in a fighting game, the devs have to take certain liberties even if she doesn't do an specific action in the source material.

Peach's Neutral Special is inspired by the role Toads play in the Mario games. A caretaker's job is to look after a person and protect them when in danger, and that's what the Toads try to do in the games. Yet you somehow find it hard to believe that a Toad will jump in to defend Peach and assist her? It's almost as if you've never played the games. And before you tell me that they've never engaged in combat, Mario Galaxy gave us this:

The Smash team didn't make any mistakes, they took an existing concept from the Mario games built over it. And Toad doesn't overshadow Peach, what's up with those mental gymnastics? When I see Samsora play as Peach, I don't see Toad being the one pulling off those nasty aerial combos with turnips. You just have a weird fixation with Toad's implementation.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, Toad showing up in combat was not common. Galaxy also came out way after Melee. They still were combat capable though. We had a Toad battle someone in the first Paper Mario alone. The idea the race can't fight is silly. Of course they can. And the Toads are also guards in Paper Mario 1 alone. It's a blatant depiction. As well as a bit in Super Mario RPG(though generally Toad does not work well as a bodyguard. Melee actually has him/her/they be more successful at it in general. Ultimate made Toad actually do more than use a defense mechanic/counter too thanks to the throws).

Moreso pointing out that Galaxy doesn't mean much. Toad is absolutely someone who can fight. That's no contest. Playable in Super Mario Bros. 2 USA as well. The thing about them is they were often shown to be somewhat cowardly, which makes the defense move in Melee fit well enough. They also have been becoming more courageous over the years... which fits Ultimate pretty well. Also, speaking of Super Mario RPG, that's also the first time Peach has slapped someone, though it might not have been inspiration for Peach's moveset whatsoever. Mario Finale on the other hand seems loosely inspired by Mario's specials in SMRPG, though. That's the closest thing to what he does in Brawl and beyond, really. An alternate interpretation of Ultra Flame. Besides that, Giga Bowser is more or less the idea of Bowser going giant. Being an original design doesn't mean much for where the inspiration is, mind you.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
It's completely and totally contrary to Peach's character to hold a Toad in front of her as a human shield, particularly one who, in early Smash games at least, appeared to be very unwilling.

Peach's moveset isn't a hill I care enough about to die defending, but there's absolutely a legitimate argument against her portrayal of using Toads as an evil empress would.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
In Mario games, Peach also doesn't do hip attacks, hit people with her crown, use heart magic to attack, do rainbow magic trails with her hands, twirl in midair, do rapid aerial kicks or make explosions with her rear, yet here we are. To make a character like Peach work in a fighting game, the devs have to take certain liberties even if she doesn't do an specific action in the source material..
Mario Kart, Mario Party, Super Princess Peach ( hip attacks). Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi, Mario Sport Mix, (heart magic) and so on. Those moves are Peach like.

Peach's Neutral Special is inspired by the role Toads play in the Mario games. A caretaker's job is to look after a person and protect them when in danger, and that's what the Toads try to do in the games. Yet you somehow find it hard to believe that a Toad will jump in to defend Peach and assist her? It's almost as if you've never played the games. And before you tell me that they've never engaged in combat, Mario Galaxy gave us this:

The Smash team didn't make any mistakes, they took an existing concept from the Mario games built over it. And Toad doesn't overshadow Peach, what's up with those mental gymnastics? When I see Samsora play as Peach, I don't see Toad being the one pulling off those nasty aerial combos with turnips. You just have a weird fixation with Toad's implementation.
Smash can and did make mistakes. I don't know where you got mental gymnastics from but I see toad pulling of those nasty grab attacks that Peach has been doing for the past 4 games getting overshadowing by a toad and when was the last time did toad ever use that spear I'm curious.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I can see why Peach using Toad as a shield seems strange. She's a very active character. Mind you, Smash is the first game since a little bit of Paper Mario(1) and Super Mario RPG she did some active stuff. Everything else was overall after Melee(existing in a few sports games isn't the same as taking an active role in the plot and actually fighting either). That's when she started to break out of the mold of being almost entirely damsel in distress(which she still was in the rpg's), and only to some degrees. Speaking of, I wish she had some neat Parasol designs based around her unique ones from other games. Not with mechanical changes(though hey, if they could update her so Daisy is overall mechanically different, even by a slight bit, that'd be neat. Richter and Dark Samus at least has elemental differences, which isn't much, but it's still there).

Mind you, that's not my argument; I think Toad wanting to protect Peach absolutely makes sense. Especially being more active in the throws fits the personality well enough. Toad was a part of the moveset from the start, so them taking a more active role isn't that strange to begin with. Especially after Toad has been quite active in overall games lately, being a player character way more often. Would've been nice if it happened during 4, though.

D

Deleted member

Mario Kart, Mario Party, Super Princess Peach ( hip attacks). Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi, Mario Sport Mix, (heart magic) and so on. Those moves are Peach like.
Your missing vital information here, release dates. Super Princess Peach had hip attacks in 2005, Melee had them in 2001. Mario Sports Mix and Bowser's Inside Story had heart magic in 2010 and 2009 respectively, Brawl had that in 2008. These abilities originate in Smash, and are then featured in their home series. Things like this aren't uncommon either, Diddy Kong's Peanut Popguns and Rocketbarrel were missing for 9 years prior to Brawl's release, and are now staple parts of his character.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
What's the point of three Link's? Or four Marth's? Weren't people also asking for a Hilda echo last year? What's the point of anything really?
What's the point of life?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GZcCLfeH28

All I'm saying is that it would have been neat to see "everyone is here" taken the extra mile and also see all the planned past characters as well and what they would have been like if they where never held back by time constraints or past issues but that's just me...
Joke apart, I get it if you're talking about the "everyone who was planned is finally here". I can get that. Like, it would have been so cool if every past stage had returned too. I was just speaking about Toon Zelda herself: there are many more interesting Zelda characters, starting with Tetra.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
Your missing vital information here, release dates. Super Princess Peach had hip attacks in 2005, Melee had them in 2001. Mario Sports Mix and Bowser's Inside Story had heart magic in 2010 and 2009 respectively, Brawl had that in 2008. These abilities originate in Smash, and are then featured in their home series. Things like this aren't uncommon either, Diddy Kong's Peanut Popguns and Rocketbarrel were missing for 9 years prior to Brawl's release, and are now staple parts of his character.
Mario Party had the hip drop before Melee and Mario Power Tennis/ Mario Kart DD had heart magic before Brawl. These abilities didn't originate in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No deconfirmation has made me salty. The only thing that I'm still mildly salty over is :ultpiranha:.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Mario Party had the hip drop before Melee and Mario Power Tennis/ Mario Kart DD had heart magic before Brawl. These abilities didn't originate in Smash
As the other user pointed out: release dates. Many of these abilities originated in Smash before those games came along. Mario Tennis and Mario Kart DD may have had heart power but it wasn't until Smash where Peach used it as a legit form of attack. However, this is another example of the Smash team taking an existing concept and building upon it to make a moveset, not unlike the Toad moves.

You are also wrong about Peach Bomber. That move is unique to Smash and had no prior appearances. The move you are talking about, Hip Drop, is just another name for the Ground Pound which originated in Super Mario Bros. 3 where it was used by Bowser. The player was able to use it for the first time in Yoshi's Island as Yoshi and then as Mario in Super Mario 64. It then became a staple where it is usable in almost all 3D and 2D Mario games. So in the Mario Party games, they just took that concept and applied it to some of their minigames where players are given the use of that move. However, Peach doesn't have a ground pound in Smash; that move is already in as Bowser Bomb and Yoshi Bomb. They are not even functionally similar to Peach Bomber.

And nice showing of selective reading on the second quote by the way. Your response still doesn't address the majority of her close combat moves or Peach's transformation from a damsel in distress to a flying karate princess in Smash. You are willfully evading evidence to maintain your argument. And you have to ask me where do I get your mental gymnastics?

Smash can and did make mistakes. I don't know where you got mental gymnastics from but I see toad pulling of those nasty grab attacks that Peach has been doing for the past 4 games getting overshadowing by a toad and when was the last time did toad ever use that spear I'm curious.
They can. But Toad's implementation is not a mistake. It's just your own misguided perception. You are free to dislike how it's represented, but that doesn't make it a mistake by default because there is enough basis in the source material to justify the current form of how the move works in Smash, and also, because which move you decide to implement can be subjective.

If you only see Toad overshadowing Peach then you need to get your eyes checked. Or you just say that out of spite. You are supposed to be a Peach main according to your avatar, so it's high time you actually start playing as her. You were also the same guy who argued that reduced ending lag on moves was bad because that meant less animation, right? So let's attribute it to petty spite.

when was the last time did toad ever use that spear I'm curious.
Did you not see the picture I posted from Mario Galaxy?

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
As the other user pointed out: release dates. Many of these abilities originated in Smash before those games came along. Mario Tennis and Mario Kart DD may have had heart power but it wasn't until Smash where Peach used it as a legit form of attack. However, this is another example of the Smash team taking an existing concept and building upon it to make a moveset, not unlike the Toad moves.

You are also wrong about Peach Bomber. That move is unique to Smash and had no prior appearances. The move you are talking about, Hip Drop, is just another name for the Ground Pound which originated in Super Mario Bros. 3 where it was used by Bowser. The player was able to use it for the first time in Yoshi's Island as Yoshi and then as Mario in Super Mario 64. It then became a staple where it is usable in almost all 3D and 2D Mario games. So in the Mario Party games, they just took that concept and applied it to some of their minigames where players are given the use of that move. However, Peach doesn't have a ground pound in Smash; that move is already in as Bowser Bomb and Yoshi Bomb. They are not even functionally similar to Peach Bomber.

And nice showing of selective reading on the second quote by the way. Your response still doesn't address the majority of her close combat moves or Peach's transformation from a damsel in distress to a flying karate princess in Smash. You are willfully evading evidence to maintain your argument. And you have to ask me where do I get your mental gymnastics?

They can. But Toad's implementation is not a mistake. It's just your own misguided perception. You are free to dislike how it's represented, but that doesn't make it a mistake by default because there is enough basis in the source material to justify the current form of how the move works in Smash, and also, because which move you decide to implement can be subjective.

If you only see Toad overshadowing Peach then you need to get your eyes checked. Or you just say that out of spite. You are supposed to be a Peach main according to your avatar, so it's high time you actually start playing as her. You were also the same guy who argued that reduced ending lag on moves was bad because that meant less animation, right? So let's attribute it to petty spite.

Did you not see the picture I posted from Mario Galaxy?
I see more petty spite in this post then in anything I've ever done its disrespectful, shameful, and incorrect all for the feeling of sounding "right".

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
This post has been warned for inflammatory behavior.
I see more petty spite in this post then in anything I've ever done its disrespectful, shameful, and incorrect all for the feeling of sounding "right".
Ah, so you are deflecting my response by calling it disrespectful and incorrect. If I'm incorrect as you say, then elaborate with your facts. But considering that you seem to be avoiding to provide any clear answers I have no expectations at all.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
This post has been warned for inflammatory behavior.
Ah, so you are deflecting my response by calling it disrespectful and incorrect. If I'm incorrect as you say, then elaborate with your facts. But considering that you seem to be avoiding to provide any clear answers I have no expectations at all.
You really don't deserve elaboration of any kind if you can't even hold down a conversation respectfully now go be right with someone else I had enough of this nonsense.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This isn’t helping the thread at all. Having different opinions is fine but this is becoming less of a debate of differing opinions to “you’re stupid and not worth my time” statements. Please keep in mind that continuing with this will result in further warnings. I suggest dropping it or, if you can’t, take them to DM’s.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Bomberman. Legitimately mad about that. Part of the reason why I have assist trophies off most of the time. (Other characters I wanted are assists too like Zero and Alucard. But Bomberman was the main one that broke me)

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’m still legitimately upset they made me think skull kid was gonna get in, showing the moon before him, and not even having the decency to show him in the direct but still have the time to talk about brightness for a while minute.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I’m still legitimately upset they made me think skull kid was gonna get in, showing the moon before him, and not even having the decency to show him in the direct but still have the time to talk about brightness for a while minute.
That, and not showing Young Link's FS, which could - and should - have been Fierce Deity Mask, perfect for a Skull Kid trailer.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
They made you think? Nah man, that's on you. You jumped to preliminary conclusions.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Your right, but I’m upset because they showed the moon before Skull kid and didn’t even have the decency to show his assist trophy in the direct, that’s why I’m salty.
Now that I can get. The order of reveals was outright dumb and makes it easy for people to jump to conclusions. The fact Skull Kid didn't even have a proper reveal as an AT outside of seeing the site later didn't help. Never mind poor Shadow and poor Isaac. Albeit, Shadow was more of an expected Echo and people really did jump to conclusions about Isaac by looking for hidden references that weren't really there. While the Rathalos tweet is understandable to assume that, it was more of an RPG thing in general. However, the Healing Sprout wasn't really the same case or related anyway. It did look similar to icon in Dark Dawn, but that's a bit more of a stretch overall than the Rathalos tweet was. I'd still say both of these cases felt way better than the ridiculous Chair Theory, which was a full-out stretch instead of mistaking a tweet and an item's intention.

I'm more of a Tingle fan myself, but Skull Kid(with Majora's Mask) is a pretty cool character. Though I wonder what a good secondary Final Smash besides the Moon would be. There's no denying it's his de facto ability.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Now that I can get. The order of reveals was outright dumb and makes it easy for people to jump to conclusions. The fact Skull Kid didn't even have a proper reveal as an AT outside of seeing the site later didn't help. Never mind poor Shadow and poor Isaac. Albeit, Shadow was more of an expected Echo and people really did jump to conclusions about Isaac by looking for hidden references that weren't really there. While the Rathalos tweet is understandable to assume that, it was more of an RPG thing in general. However, the Healing Sprout wasn't really the same case or related anyway. It did look similar to icon in Dark Dawn, but that's a bit more of a stretch overall than the Rathalos tweet was. I'd still say both of these cases felt way better than the ridiculous Chair Theory, which was a full-out stretch instead of mistaking a tweet and an item's intention.

I'm more of a Tingle fan myself, but Skull Kid(with Majora's Mask) is a pretty cool character. Though I wonder what a good secondary Final Smash besides the Moon would be. There's no denying it's his de facto ability.
Yeah they really kept me thinking he could be in till the very last minute, also his final smash could either be Majoras wrath or just a repeat of the moon, not like final smashes don’t repeat with items.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah they really kept me thinking he could be in till the very last minute, also his final smash could either be Majoras wrath or just a repeat of the moon, not like final smashes don’t repeat with items.
That's true.

And yeah, I was wondering where he was. Mind you, when I've seen the Smash games go on, I kind of had the feeling anyone that isn't a form of Link, Zelda, and Ganon/dorf I was doubtful of getting in. So my own cynicism made me doubt him. Though I do think he's a character that could easily work in the game. There's a lot who could work well. Moblin Ganon(ALTTP style), Toon Ganondorf, Tingle(either design), Skull Kid(with Mask, cause the regular race doesn't cut it, and Majora's Mask itself doesn't either), Impa(preferably her Oracle design), Midna(with Wolf Link), Ghirahim, Tetra, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik(it was a thing at some point, but clearly scrapped too), Lana, Ciel, Linkle and... I think I covered the most plausible ones. I like the Champions, but unlike, say, the Pokemon Starters, they're treated as equals to a huge degree. So having one without the other doesn't seem very plausible to me. I won't pretend HW has a real chance, mind you, but I do consider them interesting enough to get in. MM Young Link too, but I don't think a transformation character like that is likely to happen again.

Plank08

Smash Lord
That's true.

And yeah, I was wondering where he was. Mind you, when I've seen the Smash games go on, I kind of had the feeling anyone that isn't a form of Link, Zelda, and Ganon/dorf I was doubtful of getting in. So my own cynicism made me doubt him. Though I do think he's a character that could easily work in the game. There's a lot who could work well. Moblin Ganon(ALTTP style), Toon Ganondorf, Tingle(either design), Skull Kid(with Mask, cause the regular race doesn't cut it, and Majora's Mask itself doesn't either), Impa(preferably her Oracle design), Midna(with Wolf Link), Ghirahim, Tetra, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik(it was a thing at some point, but clearly scrapped too), Lana, Ciel, Linkle and... I think I covered the most plausible ones. I like the Champions, but unlike, say, the Pokemon Starters, they're treated as equals to a huge degree. So having one without the other doesn't seem very plausible to me. I won't pretend HW has a real chance, mind you, but I do consider them interesting enough to get in. MM Young Link too, but I don't think a transformation character like that is likely to happen again.
As much as I want a non trio Zelda character I don’t think it’s gonna happen,
Skull kids locked away
You could never choose just 1 champion
Midna and Girahim are kinda eh nowadays
And Tingle... Tingles not getting in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Skull kids locked away
Yeah, I don't think Tingle has a real chance, regardless of his accomplishments. He might if he wasn't in Toon format and Wind Waker in general. Seriously, that game really hurt a very neat character. Hyrule Warriors somewhat saved him(and also gave him his first playable moment in the US, which was pretty cool in itself. I want the Tingle games translated for the US, and I remember the UK didn't even get all 3 games. Like, I expect Rupeeland to be censored somewhat due to the ending being a blatant sexual act of sorts, but otherwise, the game is somewhat easy to make workable).

Yeah, some characters definitely aren't relevant anymore. I can always hope for ALTTP Ganon. It helps that he and OOT Ganon are essentially different creatures in practice since Ganondorf actually gets reincarnated in Four Swords Adventures, which leads into ALTTP Ganon overall. It's unclear even to this day if Ganondorf is basically Agnahim in disguise or if Ganondorf has him holding onto Ganon's spirit or something. I don't think they literally went over what happened now. But it would make sense, as Ganondorf is a wandering Nomad in FSA, if he took a new name to hide who he is. He was actually banished from the Gerudos in that game too. I forget all the details. But yeah, they're the same curse, but take on an entirely different form. One guess is that Ganondorf found a new weapon as is via FSA, which is why he no longer uses his Gerudo swords. Another is that now that his own race banished him, he doesn't find the swords, a source of pride, worth using anymore. It reminds him of those who hurt him. Either way, why the versions of Ganon are vastly different beyond weapons is questionable. Albeit, they're both bipedal pigs, but they clearly have a vastly different ability set and weaknesses. OOT Ganon has his tail as his sole weaknesses while being mostly unaffected by everything but Light Arrows to slightly damage him(and only the Master Sword can beat him), while ALTTP Ganon outright requires the Silver Arrows to truly damage him, while the rest he shrugs off(I know that in the Japanese version you can do damage to his final phase via the spin attack, but that's less canon and more of a programming oversight). It's made clear the Silver Arrows are his true weakness. You also only need the Master Sword to do the weak damage to prepare for the final phase, but the Tempered Sword and Golden Sword still do slightly more damage in the long run. Which is weird too. Besides that, you can damage OOT Ganon with almost anything, but not finished him off. It's inconsistent on what his weakness is, yeah.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Skull kids locked away
Midna not getting in still stings a bit, especially because you're right. Nobody really cares about Midna or Wolf Link now. They even had a remaster on the WiiU, but nobody cared about the WiiU so nobody cared about the remaster.

It's my favorite Zelda game and in the running for favorite game of all time. Feels bad man, but I understand why.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Bandana Dee and Master Chief. Dee is a spirit and I'm guessing that's enough for DLC wave 1, and MC was deconfirmed by Microsoft employees.

I honestly don't see one good reason why either of them shouldn't be in the game. I feel like both of them were missed opportunities to be in Smash, especially since we got characters like Isabelle and Chrom in the base game.
Upon reflection I guess I should add Arbiter to this list as well. He would have been super cool to play as in Smash. Another anime protagonist? Why not an alien religious warrior who wields a plasma sword and helped save humanity? Not to mention a killer voice actor.

And I guess Marx as well. I enjoy his spot as a boss, but I question how it didn't cross the devs' minds as they planned him that he also would have made a bombshell newcomer. Again, I say this keeping in mind we got Isabelle and a Piranha Plant in this game.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Not even the fact he's not in, the fact Meowth's not even a popular request after over 20 years of being a contender while characters like Geno get to be very popular requests and talked about for free while I'd get called out for being the only one talking about this one in some areas. That alone will eternally haunt me. :urg: (Not trying to discredit people who want Geno, but the fact this is even possible of happening just feels incredibly unfair)

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not even the fact he's not in, the fact Meowth's not even a popular request after over 20 years of being a contender while characters like Geno get to be very popular requests and talked about for free while I'd get called out for being the only one talking about this one in some areas. That alone will eternally haunt me. :urg: (Not trying to discredit people who want Geno, but the fact this is even possible of happening just feels incredibly unfair)
I know right? But look at the bright side.

At least Meowth is finally relevant in Pokémon games again after not showing up in Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, Black/White, and X/Y. By that I meant Meowth was not part of the Regional Dex in those games (they were not found in the wild).

Pokémon Sun and Moon gave Meowth a potential alternate costume or Echo Fighter.
Pokémon Sword and Shield will give Meowth a potential Final Smash.

Meowth is not the only one becoming relevant again. Team Rocket is also becoming relevant again.

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon brought back Team Rocket, aka Team Rainbow Rocket.
Pokémon Let’s Go brought back Jessie, James, and Meowth.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has Team Rocket as the first Pokémon Mii costume.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I know right? But look at the bright side.

At least Meowth is finally relevant in Pokémon games again after not showing up in Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, Black/White, and X/Y. By that I meant Meowth was not part of the Regional Dex in those games (they were not found in the wild).

Pokémon Sun and Moon gave Meowth a potential alternate costume or Echo Fighter.
Pokémon Sword and Shield will give Meowth a potential Final Smash.

Meowth is not the only one becoming relevant again. Team Rocket is also becoming relevant again.

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon brought back Team Rocket, aka Team Rainbow Rocket.
Pokémon Let’s Go brought back Jessie, James, and Meowth.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has Team Rocket as the first Pokémon Mii costume.
The thing is even back then, he was still relevant than a majority of ones that don't get called out on it as much. And far more relevant than Jigglypuff back in gen 3-5 especially.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't think Tingle has a real chance, regardless of his accomplishments. He might if he wasn't in Toon format and Wind Waker in general. Seriously, that game really hurt a very neat character. Hyrule Warriors somewhat saved him(and also gave him his first playable moment in the US, which was pretty cool in itself. I want the Tingle games translated for the US, and I remember the UK didn't even get all 3 games. Like, I expect Rupeeland to be censored somewhat due to the ending being a blatant sexual act of sorts, but otherwise, the game is somewhat easy to make workable).

Yeah, some characters definitely aren't relevant anymore. I can always hope for ALTTP Ganon. It helps that he and OOT Ganon are essentially different creatures in practice since Ganondorf actually gets reincarnated in Four Swords Adventures, which leads into ALTTP Ganon overall. It's unclear even to this day if Ganondorf is basically Agnahim in disguise or if Ganondorf has him holding onto Ganon's spirit or something. I don't think they literally went over what happened now. But it would make sense, as Ganondorf is a wandering Nomad in FSA, if he took a new name to hide who he is. He was actually banished from the Gerudos in that game too. I forget all the details. But yeah, they're the same curse, but take on an entirely different form. One guess is that Ganondorf found a new weapon as is via FSA, which is why he no longer uses his Gerudo swords. Another is that now that his own race banished him, he doesn't find the swords, a source of pride, worth using anymore. It reminds him of those who hurt him. Either way, why the versions of Ganon are vastly different beyond weapons is questionable. Albeit, they're both bipedal pigs, but they clearly have a vastly different ability set and weaknesses. OOT Ganon has his tail as his sole weaknesses while being mostly unaffected by everything but Light Arrows to slightly damage him(and only the Master Sword can beat him), while ALTTP Ganon outright requires the Silver Arrows to truly damage him, while the rest he shrugs off(I know that in the Japanese version you can do damage to his final phase via the spin attack, but that's less canon and more of a programming oversight). It's made clear the Silver Arrows are his true weakness. You also only need the Master Sword to do the weak damage to prepare for the final phase, but the Tempered Sword and Golden Sword still do slightly more damage in the long run. Which is weird too. Besides that, you can damage OOT Ganon with almost anything, but not finished him off. It's inconsistent on what his weakness is, yeah.
...where did you get your Zelda lore? Four Swords Adventure isn't even in the same timeline as ALTTP. Ganondorf is the same as his OOT self in all except FSA. He kind of loses his mind after ALTTP, but it's the same guy.

As for the trident, FSA states (I think) that he found the original Ganondorf's trident which is inconsistent (since it's in the TP timeline), but that trident seems to be what initiated the transformation into Ganon (so you might could argue he was actually possessed by Ganondorf).

The main reason for differences I would say are changes in lore and gameplay, but to be fair, he was never really seen using Gerudo swords.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...where did you get your Zelda lore? Four Swords Adventure isn't even in the same timeline as ALTTP. Ganondorf is the same as his OOT self in all except FSA. He kind of loses his mind after ALTTP, but it's the same guy.

As for the trident, FSA states (I think) that he found the original Ganondorf's trident which is inconsistent (since it's in the TP timeline), but that trident seems to be what initiated the transformation into Ganon (so you might could argue he was actually possessed by Ganondorf).

The main reason for differences I would say are changes in lore and gameplay, but to be fair, he was never really seen using Gerudo swords.
I misread it that it FSA went into ALTTP on the Zelda Wiki page. My bad.

So never mind on the "essentially different creatures in practice". Outside of gameplay differences, anyway. I mean, that's enough to matter(we have multiple different Links, with variable movesets. Regular Link went through three different movesets so far, after all. OOT, TP, and BOTW. Young Link and Toon Link are different movseets in comparison, mostly due to the small size and variable changes).

KayaMarley

Smash Cadet
What is a character you honestly can't stop being somewhat salty over? To summarize, this is a topic where users can positively share feelings for once fairly likely characters.

I understand that Smash is just a game, but sometimes its more complicated. There is just some characters I would really like to see playable in Smash's format. Smash is a really magical game, so its hard not to be a little butthurt. I'm still salty over Mimikyu. I'm also salty Cranky Kong isn't playable.
I dont know if im really salty per say, but im definitely disappointed that Soma Cruz, Shantae, Shadow, Isaac, Knuckles, and Dixie Kong arent playable. Kinda bummed about some others too. I feel like they passed up the opportunity for some great DLC nintendo Reps here, at the very least.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My activity here has died off drastically, but even to this day, I still feel very salty knowing that a generic Piranha Plant got higher priority over Toad. Yes I know that Peach uses Toad in one of her moves, but it could've easily just been a generic Toad. Also, if Toad was fully playable, Toadette could've potentially served as Toad's echo fighter, and I'm pretty sure that there would be a way to give them an actual moveset.

In regards to their attributes, Toad and Toadette would both be lightweights with good overall mobility on the ground, and in the air, but despite being light, they would be fast-fallers (comparable to Fox or Falco). Additionally, in reference to Super Mario 3D World, Toad and Toadette wouldn't exactly be high jumpers, as their jump heights would be weaker than what Peach and Daisy have.

I know that this is just a personal opinion, but the Super Mario roster just feels incomplete without Toad. Sure, there's Waluigi as well, but Toad pretty much comes first, since he's not a spin-off exclusive.

And on a side note, Toad and Toadette would both have the option to wear their explorer outfits from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Quillion

Smash Hero
My activity here has died off drastically, but even to this day, I still feel very salty knowing that a generic Piranha Plant got higher priority over Toad. Yes I know that Peach uses Toad in one of her moves, but it could've easily just been a generic Toad. Also, if Toad was fully playable, Toadette could've potentially served as Toad's echo fighter, and I'm pretty sure that there would be a way to give them an actual moveset.

In regards to their attributes, Toad and Toadette would both be lightweights with good overall mobility on the ground, and in the air, but despite being light, they would be fast-fallers (comparable to Fox or Falco). Additionally, in reference to Super Mario 3D World, Toad and Toadette wouldn't exactly be high jumpers, as their jump heights would be weaker than what Peach and Daisy have.

I know that this is just a personal opinion, but the Super Mario roster just feels incomplete without Toad. Sure, there's Waluigi as well, but Toad pretty much comes first, since he's not a spin-off exclusive.

And on a side note, Toad and Toadette would both have the option to wear their explorer outfits from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.
Even though I like the idea of more enemies being playable, I still only want specifically Captain Toad as he's a more defined character than just the spinoff fodder Toad. And because of that, I only want them to have a moveset representing the Captain Toad game alone.

Top Bottom