• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Deck The Halls with Mario Maker

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Hey everyone, ready for the next contest?

Send in your best Christmas (Or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa) themed Super Mario Maker levels, and you could win a $20 Eshop card! :0

Simply post your entry here, along with the name, and give a short description.

Keep in mind that I'm biased, and I tend to like adventures as opposed to really hard puzzles. I had some entries last time that I felt were great quality, but they frustrated me due to the difficulty, which gave them a lower score on my card. (Hey, at least I'm upfront about it, right?)

The contest runs from December 1st to the 31st.

Attachments

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Great! A Contest that i can't participate because i can't upload more level!

I hate this limit.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I hate this limit.
I'll help fix that fix you would like. Link to one of your levels?

Anyway, great to see you are holding another contest Slick! I haven't really made a Christmas level yet, so I will have some fun making this and I already have a fun Idea!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'll help fix that fix you would like. Link to one of your levels?

Anyway, great to see you are holding another contest Slick! I haven't really made a Christmas level yet, so I will have some fun making this and I already have a fun Idea!
Well first of all: Thank you very much. :)
And second: Well here one of my level ID.

Tourian V2

(12C1-0000-00D9-DF6F)

And spoiler alert, nobody have finish this level.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Tourian V2

(12C1-0000-00D9-DF6F)

No problem, and I like challenges!! I try it out now!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No problem, and I like challenges!! I try it out now!
Good luck so!

Anyway, i don't know if i will try this contest. I will see if i got idea.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

I hate this limit.
You can just delete one of them and re-upload it later. I delete mine all the time and make better ones haha.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You can just delete one of them and re-upload it later. I delete mine all the time and make better ones haha.
Delete my old level? And so, replayig the hard one that have the less stars but i don't want to retry?
assistant_godot_sprite_by_spyfight.png
Nah, i prefer to wait until i get enough stars. And that you play my level like you promised.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Delete my old level? And so, replayig the hard one that have the less stars but i don't want to retry?
View attachment 83721
Nah, i prefer to wait until i get enough stars. And that you play my level like you promised.
I'll play it I'll play it, geez! I've been busy!

But Fallout 4....

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Good luck so!

Anyway, i don't know if i will try this contest. I will see if i got idea.
Beat, took a few tries but wasn't that bad. good leve! Left a comment and starred. I've also have played most of your stages, and will finish the rest later! Hope you can get the stars you need.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Beat, took a few tries but wasn't that bad. good leve! Left a comment and starred. I've also have played most of your stages, and will finish the rest later! Hope you can get the stars you need.
Congrat' for being the first person to have beat the V2 of this level! :) (@Cyndane was the one who finished the 1 Version first.) And thanks for helping me! :) I am going to watch your comment.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Congrat' for being the first person to have beat the V2 of this level! :) (@Cyndane was the one who finished the 1 Version first.) And thanks for helping me! :) I am going to watch your comment.
Thanks! I don't stop playing levels to I beat them. And no problem, happy to help
:)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Alright here's my level:

How The Waluigi Stole Christmas
(CED5-0000-0104-7FEE)

Every Goomba down in GoombaVille liked Christmas a lot...
But Waluigi, who lived just north of GoombaVille... did not

This level is based off of the classic Dr. Suess story How The Grinch Stole Christmas, with Waluigi taking the role as the Grinch. I did my best to tell an interesting story and an enjoyable level. Some highlights:
  • Play through the original story of the Dr. Suess classic.
  • Go through each house disguised as Santa Mario and steal a star from each house (use the star to get to the next house outside). Be careful not to fall into any traps.
  • Two endings: one where Waluigi stops the flower toy from falling, and one where he does not.
  • There are exactly 100 coins to collect throughout the entire level. Try your best to grab all of them.
The level is pretty long but thankfully the checkpoints make it a bit shorter. I tried to combine story elements along with stealth and a bit of puzzle so I hope you enjoy it.

Important: I won the Halloween contest so if my level somehow comes in first, I'll take the $10 prize instead of the $20 one (the runner up can have it instead).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright here's my level:

How The Waluigi Stole Christmas
(CED5-0000-0104-7FEE)

Every Goomba down in GoombaVille liked Christmas a lot...
But Waluigi, who lived just north of GoombaVille... did not

This level is based off of the classic Dr. Suess story How The Grinch Stole Christmas, with Waluigi taking the role as the Grinch. I did my best to tell an interesting story and an enjoyable level. Some highlights:
  • Play through the original story of the Dr. Suess classic
  • Go through each house disguised as Santa Mario and steal a star from each house (use the star to get to the next house outside)
  • Two endings: one where Waluigi stops the flower toy from falling, and one where he does not
  • There are exactly 100 coins to collect throughout the entire level. Try your best to grab all of them.

Important: I won the Halloween contest so if my level somehow comes in first, I'll take the $10 prize instead of the $20 one (the runner up can have it instead).
Wow, this sounds really fun! I'll be sure to play it later! Good luck!

D

Deleted member

Super Mario Maker is a true gem, great Christmas present!

D

Deleted member

I'm probably not going to get it myself but I do like the game, for it's level design, the creations fans come up with, and items.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Okay, this level was a thousand times better than I had thought it would be going into it.
Thank you alot!:bee:
Do you think you can say to me why it was better than you expected?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Thank you alot!:bee:
Do you think you can say to me why it was better than you expected?
Usually, when making themed levels, one has to really use their imagination. This wasn't easy when I made the Make Eggs, Throw Eggs stage from Yoshi's Island in the SMB style, but I managed just fine after a lot of tinkering, but I digress. I was playing around with the idea of making a Metroid-inspired stage, but never new where or how to go about it. You, on the other hand, chose Tourian, which was smart, since Bowser's Castle in the SMB style has colors that matches the look and feel of Tourian.

From the Bloopers being Metroids, to the cannons being those radioactive Spaghetti-Os, I immediately played it and said, "Yes, this is definitely Tourian." You didn't even need to call the level by the name, Tourian, and I would still recognize it as such. Oh, and that Chozo at the end? The entire level screamed Metroid, and for that, I give you a well deserved pat on the back.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Usually, when making themed levels, one has to really use their imagination. This wasn't easy when I made the Make Eggs, Throw Eggs stage from Yoshi's Island in the SMB style, but I managed just fine after a lot of tinkering, but I digress. I was playing around with the idea of making a Metroid-inspired stage, but never new where or how to go about it. You, on the other hand, chose Tourian, which was smart, since Bowser's Castle in the SMB style has colors that matches the look and feel of Tourian.

From the Bloopers being Metroids, to the cannons being those radioactive Spaghetti-Os, I immediately played it and said, "Yes, this is definitely Tourian." You didn't even need to call the level by the name, Tourian, and I would still recognize it as such. Oh, and that Chozo at the end? The entire level screamed Metroid, and for that, I give you a well deserved pat on the back.
Ahhhhh!!!! Thank you so much! >_<
Really, i am actually happy that i have to reupload that level. Because the first version didn't have all the thing that you see. (The checkpoint was different, no Samus Ship, no Chozo, etc...) When i have made this level. I was like:

"OK, so, i have to make a level hard but fair. With thing that will remind to people that it's Metroid."

When the checkpoint update have come. I have said to myself:

"OK, checkpoint are out. But i need to fix the mistake i made and give other cool thing to this level!"

For sure, when i made a themed level. I always try to put alot of easter egg in it. (My Forest Maze level being a very good exemple too.)

Anyway, thank you really much for playing. :)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ahhhhh!!!! Thank you so much! >_<
Really, i am actually happy that i have to reupload that level. Because the first version didn't have all the thing that you see. (The checkpoint was different, no Samus Ship, no Chozo, etc...) When i have made this level. I was like:

"OK, so, i have to make a level hard but fair. With thing that will remind to people that it's Metroid."

When the checkpoint update have come. I have said to myself:

"OK, checkpoint are out. But i need to fix the mistake i made and give other cool thing to this level!"

For sure, when i made a themed level. I always try to put alot of easter egg in it. (My Forest Maze level being a very good exemple too.)

Anyway, thank you really much for playing. :)
I will be following you in Mario Maker, just to see what else you come up with. I'll play the rest of your uploaded levels at a later point, since it's 3:35 a.m. where I am. lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I will be following you in Mario Maker, just to see what else you come up with. I'll play the rest of your uploaded levels at a later point, since it's 3:35 a.m. where I am. lol
Y-you following me?

Thank you 1000 times. I will be sure to not dissapoint you!....Next time however. You need some sleep i think.^^'

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Tourian V2

(12C1-0000-00D9-DF6F)

Okay, I played your level! Very well done, but I couldn't give it a star because I couldn't beat it lol!!

So far, I only see an actual "Fesitve Mario Maker" stage from Sari Sari ! Has anyone else made one, but I missed it?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Okay, I played your level! Very well done, but I couldn't give it a star because I couldn't beat it lol!!

So far, I only see an actual "Fesitve Mario Maker" stage from Sari Sari ! Has anyone else made one, but I missed it?
Wut? You can star a level even if you didn't beat it by pressing the button "start".
Expect' if you star a level only if you beat it. Which is...understandable but still kinda sad for me.
Oh well, as long you made a video of you're failed run. I be happy.:094:

D

Deleted member

Is it too late to submit it? I dunno, this thread seems kinda quiet...
Happy New Year
275D-0000-0155-BF7C

(Note: probably has nothing to with new year)
I decided to use the new update to make a bullet hell level+a cluster**** that I had to cheat my way through to be able to upload the level
Please don't cheat like I did

Top Bottom