• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games NewD3 Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Swiss

Smash Lord
tl:dr stiff with somi

weak on the wagon

fonti push toDay sets Eido VS Font as SvT, getting him through two day phases

It's an experienced player that doesn't shoot maven, so why does Eido make that shot if he's new?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Swiss sort of concedes to his lack of direction, and throws a vote on Somi for the sake of it, right? And then just goes to bed.

Scum!Swiss probably exploits Gorf & Sabrar more to consider Maven/myself as stronger yeet options over Somi.

Swiss, you also didn’t make a circus out of Maven’s claim like you did Wiisp’s in Werewolves. This is probably a good sign. I'm not thinking about you toDay.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Font tell me why Eido doesn't shoot a confirmed townie, and instead goes for Gorf and Sabrar
Because he knows Maven isn't the Tracker or Jailer.

Also worth noting that in Eido's first towngame, which we lost, a confirmed town was kept alive for Days because scum were prioritizing killing other people, so he's seen an example of this before.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss sort of concedes to his lack of direction, and throws a vote on Somi for the sake of it, right? And then just goes to bed.

Scum!Swiss probably exploits Gorf & Sabrar more to consider Maven/myself as stronger yeet options over Somi.

Swiss, you also didn’t make a circus out of Maven’s claim like you did Wiisp’s in Werewolves. This is probably a good sign. I'm not thinking about you toDay.
skipskipskip

get to the content please

fontisian

Smash Champion
Who was the scum?
Boomfrog, Red Ryu, Bessie.

Eido was actually one of the confirms who lived to final 5, iirc. He was confirmed mason sometime on D2. Mala was the inno child and also lived super late.

fontisian

Smash Champion
So experienced scumteam.
Yes. But Eido is a fast learner and he personally experienced how having a low impact confirm isn't actually that helpfiul for town. I'm certain he's learned from that.

fontisian

Smash Champion
He was also super big on making his own decisions, whether they were good or bad.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Swiss I'm narrowing down. And on the phone.

Basically, it's probably not Fonti. it could be. But I don't think it is right now.

I think it's between Bessie & LaserGuy.

They both have had Somi hovering around the null and their read of him is handled carefully throughout the game. Simples.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Swiss what's caught your eye on Bessie not being scum here? You've had experience with her?

She's the player we need to make a call on early toDay.

If we do that and accept you/Wam/Maven as Town from yesterday's wagon play, we'll be good.

Eido

Smash Journeyman

Ok, I like this post. The entire post has a disjoint on Somi - it has a pre post edit on him, which looks like a clue they're unaligned. it lists him as being low on her scum list whilst being in the 'will not yeet' category. The whole post feels scatty & uncoordinated, kinda.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
somitomi
I get the feeling somitomi is lurking because he is busy, not necessarily because he is mafia. What little content he has posted gives me a townie vibe, but the content in itself doesn’t. Pre post edit, he posted his reads list as I was working on this. I feel that scum!somi would have found a reason to scum read Maven; also he put two generally town-read players at the top of his scum list when he could have gone for Wam. Moving somi to my don’t want to yeet today list.
^ The 'pre post' edit is here, btw.

The more I read it the more I'm wavering tho. I dislike that she mentions he has a townie vibe with non-townie content. If I recall, Somi's read on Bessie was also similarly non-committal. Need to think about this more comfortably because I'm at work just dipping in and out of content.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I think LaserGuy likelier makes the kill on Sabrar:

I will not yeet:
I would not like to yeet: bessie, fonti, Gorf, Swiss
I would consider yeeting: LaserGuy, wam
I would like to yeet: Eido, Maven, somi
Sabrar - Engagement level seems lower than what I've seen recently
Sabrar:

The last few Town games I've played with Sabrar he's come out tonally very townie and has been fairly active. I feel like in this game he is much more conflict adverse and low key and that's raising some red flags. I have liked a lot of the questions he's been asking, but I don't feel that is strongly alignment indicative for Sabrar. Leaning scum.
Talk of engagement levels could be a clue Scum!Laser has identified Sabrar as a PR threat, maybe? I'll deep dive tonight on more of his content.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Ok last one:

I don't think it's Swiss or somitomi. I still think the mafia team is Eido and fonti.
Assume Scum!Bessie sees her buddy, Somi, about to die. Why keep repeating this? She says it here and quotes it at the end of Day. It looks like she genuinely believes her logic and isn't afraid to shout it.

Anyway that's enough I gotta work. Goodbye, internet people.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT v2.0

Fontisian (2): Wam, Laserguy
Laserguy (2): Swiss, Eido
Eido (1): Fontisian

Not Voting (2): Bessie, Maven

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate!

fontisian

Smash Champion
This votecount brought to you by Eido shooting the people who wanted to kill him.

Wam

Smash Ace
This votecount brought to you by Eido shooting the people who wanted to kill him.
I'm trying to decide if fonts irritation is town getting grumpy people arent agreeing on eido or scum grumpy that they might lose today.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I did some of my own reading I came to conclusion it was going to be between Bessie > Sabrar > LaserGuy
I am curious how you came to the conclusion that the somi wagon was pure and scum must be in one of the three people on vanity wagons. Why couldn't scum be bussing?

weak on the wagon
I had somi at nullTown. I don't generally evaluate people on activity, especially a player like somi who chronically has problems with keeping up regardless of alignment. I'd much rather go for a scumread than a lurker yeet.

fonti push toDay sets Eido VS Font as SvT, getting him through two day phases
I'm not sure where you're getting this from? I like Eido and think fonti is scum. I have been pushing fonti since middle of D1.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Talk of engagement levels could be a clue Scum!Laser has identified Sabrar as a PR threat, maybe? I'll deep dive tonight on more of his content.
What benefit would there be for scum!me to tip my hand that I know Sabrar is a PR?

Sabrar tends to be low energy as scum and more invested in the game as Town (similar to bessie, though less extreme in either direction), and that's what I was looking at.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm trying to decide if fonts irritation is town getting grumpy people arent agreeing on eido or scum grumpy that they might lose today.
Yes, clearly this is me angry about my master plan of /shooting the people who thought I was town an the person I want to yeet is scum/ backfiring. How could I have been so foolish?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Yes, clearly this is me angry about my master plan of /shooting the people who thought I was town an the person I want to yeet is scum/ backfiring. How could I have been so foolish?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Laser, this is a kind request that you extract your head from your ass and look over Eido again.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Let's try this.

Eido Eido , please talk about your thought process between the time you checked into the thread on the day we yeeted and the time we actually yeeted. This should be a pretty short time to go over, so please be as detailed as possible.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Swiss what's caught your eye on Bessie not being scum here? You've had experience with her?

She's the player we need to make a call on early toDay.

If we do that and accept you/Wam/Maven as Town from yesterday's wagon play, we'll be good.
Here, have another thing.

Town!Eido is not confident enough in his reads and especially not in Swiss's read of Bessie to say that accepting those people as town means "we'll be good." He is confirmation biasing Wam, Swiss and bessie as town because he already knows they are.

He's avoiding talking about me expect when absolutely necessary because he needs Today to be a Laser v fonti Day, not a fonti v Eido Day.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
No but really, Fonti:

Towards the moment we actually yeeted, I was thinking about Somi being a misyeet. You, Swiss & Sabrar all said Somi gave you possible Town pings, and you even go as far as wanting to be sued. (lol).

The other thing I'm thinking about right up to the yeet was that Swiss was one of my weaker Town reads. It's 6am and I see Sabrar vote with you, along with Maven thinking about it, who are all likely to be Town. Suddenly I’m anxious and thinking about you being correct on your read because you have 100s games experience. Day 1 looks like a crapshoot, so why not?

I make the switch, it’s 1 minute to deadline, I switch back. It's obviously not happening, and it's obviously a little bit playful. I was not trying to save Somi as his buddy. This is the behaviour you need to go back and re-evaluate. The buddy is more likely to be calmer, more controlled, and less “SAVE SOMI”, because the Somi situation was obviously futile.

Top Bottom